The online racing simulator
Nurburgring Nordschleife
(83 posts, started )
Looking at the quality of your work even if this wouldn't be something that the devs would want in the game for free, this is something that big game companies might pay for. The labor for this kind of project is excessive and costs tons of money to hire professionals for this kind of job.
First of all: great work! Seeing where you came from and what path you‘ve taken these results are amazing!

Quote from gaboteam :
I see they are saying u need license to use "NÜRBURGRING BRAND or LOGO or track Silhouette". nothing there about track itself, actually Nordschleife is not even track officially, it is public road, that is why every car needs number plates to go there and on crash police arrives. correct me if I am wrong of course. I am focused on creation. official license for implementation is not my department, it is job for officials. there is always Mod route as we can all see in Modded cars. I could not care less about name "NÜRBURGRING Nordschleife", name is only good for marketing, to get more users, more exposure and that is up to devs/officials. am small time lfs user with imaginary future in my head. I might as well doing it for nothing...oh and I did not write them yet, I can't get around it if I should write them or not.
  • Licensing: Licensing is a big and fuzzy topic. I know too little to give good advice but I know architecture can fall under copyright. Therefore some sort of licensing would need to take place. If the silhouette of the track is already under such copyright, it seems recreating it and making an “interactive silhouette” might also fall into that, even if it isn’t a picture nor called Nürburgring Nordschleife. For example in a city I lived in, the administration wanted to change the surface of a street as it wore out quicker then expected. However they were not allowed to change the materials to more robust once as the street was still under copyright and could only be repaired with the original materials, as they were included in the protection of the intellectual property.
  • Status of the track: The track is a toll road for most of the time. Yet the track is owned by the NR Holding and operated by the Nürburgring 1927 GmbH & Co.KG. So the track is owned by a private entity. Since it is not totally separated from the public roads, the German Highway Code applies and cars must be road legal, hence the number plates. It also has a public road character to it, as it shortens many trips for local residents. Airports on the other hand are often regarded as isolated from the public road network, so service vehicles may not always have official number plates.
From 3d-mapping.de.

They don't sell scan data to individuals, (and in Russia Uh-hu ) but maybe Scawen can do it if he needs to.

Or if you have company.
Attached images
Screenshot_2024-07-17-08-31-16-397_com.android.chrome.jpg
I mean the "not to russia" shouldn't be a surprise. Invading a soverign country isn't fondly looked upon.
Very nice work on the track so far! Having made tracks for beamNG i can see the hard work gone into this, getting the nuances in the elevation changes just right is mighty impressive. Hats off. Hope we get to see this in LFS one day.
Quote from gu3st :I mean the "not to russia" shouldn't be a surprise. Invading a soverign country...

In my opinion, you are making the same mistake as the authors of this mail, and same that many other people are making in thinking in categories of collective responsibility.

Think about it, did Germany or Hitler start WWII? Germany is a country where there were many different people with different opinions. And I am against equating all people of one country with what the leadership of the country does.

But this is not the topic of this thread, those who want to discuss it, please reply to me in this thread - https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/100249-Do-you-hate-Russians%3F-Russian-Ukrainian-military-conflict-
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :In my opinion, you are making the same mistake as the authors of this mail, and same that many other people are making in thinking in categories of collective responsibility.

Think about it, did Germany or Hitler start WWII? Germany is a country where there were many different people with different opinions. And I am against equating all people of one country with what the leadership of the country does.

But this is not the topic of this thread, those who want to discuss it, please reply to me in this thread - https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/100249-Do-you-hate-Russians%3F-Russian-Ukrainian-military-conflict-

It's really not as deep as you're trying to make it although you do however have a tendency to try to make every puddle into an ocean.
It's not about hating Russians, it's just the bare minimum compliance to the law and a consequence of violating soverignity.
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :In my opinion, you are making the same mistake as the authors of this mail, and same that many other people are making in thinking in categories of collective responsibility.

Touch the grass? Or how they call it lolWave

Nurburgring Nordschleife
(83 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG