(24 posts, started )
IIIRS
Vehicle mod: IIIRS
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/DA2227

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :a Hot French Hatchback

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :The loved IIIRS is a FWD 265hp sporty hatch
Based on the 2011 Renault Megane 3 RS Trophy (265)
a compact vehicle for race cruise or daily with a lovely interior and good feel on the road
Using the irl version specifications
265hp
FWD
60% Weight towards the Front
Front suspension: Macpherson Strut suspension
Rear suspension : Macpherson Strut suspension
Traction Control
ABS

Driver Switch support
Skin Template For advanced skining

Please take note this is still a WIP so any helpful suggestions would be welcome

COVER SCREENSHOT:
#2 - V_Ro
Thanks, good job.
This is my car in real life, I like that it is now in LFS.
Quote from V_Ro :Thanks, good job.
This is my car in real life, I like that it is now in LFS.

Man of culture i see, thanks Big grin
Rims ugly :/
Quote from GT4_PL :Rims ugly :/

Thanks & sorry for not meeting your ugly xfg's rims standards Big grin
Just change rims please, anyway nice mod
Can you raise redline to 6500-7000 rpm? youre cutting the engine short.
Quote from [OD :Jardim;1999413"]Can you raise redline to 6500-7000 rpm? youre cutting the engine short.

Alrighty, noted
For next version I'll edit the engine
Rims will be changed to these factory ones
And if its better, ill change suspension for dual wishbone on both axles if its more flexible
Attached images
new-genuine-renault-megane-rs250-19-inch-steev-diamond-alloy-wheel-black-10034-p.jpg
On real version you have Macpherson on front and torsion bar on rear. Caster od definitely too big. Gear ratio are also bad.
For the engine I have some ideas how to improve. And other things if you want 😛
Quote from hooligan_rallyteam :On real version you have Macpherson on front and torsion bar on rear. Caster od definitely too big. Gear ratio are also bad.
For the engine I have some ideas how to improve. And other things if you want 😛

Yep, for suspension i built it around that, now i have just updated and i changed suspension to dual wishbone as i feel like its more flexible and resulting in a better grib delivery
Also the engine got a modification now its redline at 7k
Welp, im no master in making setups but gear ratios and stuff can be easily modified bu user
I hope i have made it better, if not.. Suggestions are more than welcome Smile
Quote from bayanofmansorofisky :Yep, for suspension i built it around that, now i have just updated and i changed suspension to dual wishbone as i feel like its more flexible and resulting in a better grib delivery
Also the engine got a modification now its redline at 7k
Welp, im no master in making setups but gear ratios and stuff can be easily modified bu user
I hope i have made it better, if not.. Suggestions are more than welcome Smile

I don't understand why its problem to do right gear ratio 😉
Double wishbone suspension is bad- no camber gain etc.
Too much offset to
That's not improvment 😀

I can help with this od you want 😛
Quote from hooligan_rallyteam :I don't understand why its problem to do right gear ratio 😉
Double wishbone suspension is bad- no camber gain etc.
Too much offset to
That's not improvment 😀

I can help with this od you want 😛

As much as i would like to make it have irl specs as possible, its still a game so we gotta take in mind this difference.. I changed suspension for the sake of gameplay only, it used to let go off grib when cirnering.. It may be me or the way i made the suspension but for my experience in dual wishbone I think it's better, remember.. We don't look to the suspension type while driving Smile
.. And for the camber u can easily modify that in setup.. I just wing it for the gear ratios and its a simple thing to modify them in a new set aswell Wink
Offset helps with moving away lower pivot point from being inside the wheel, it makes the suspension really messy if its too close as it will effect the movement range, i learnt that with my other mod JIIRO, it's how it is
Now grip is only on corner or only on straight line or anywhere
Shitty T16 has the same problem
That's happens when control arms are in similar length
So if user can make Simplus modify "some" things- maybe you can send me files and I will make some changes to do it better for myself 😉
Quote from hooligan_rallyteam :Now grip is only on corner or only on straight line or anywhere
Shitty T16 has the same problem
That's happens when control arms are in similar length
So if user can make Simplus modify "some" things- maybe you can send me files and I will make some changes to do it better for myself 😉

If you are so interested in making a better version then feel free to make it your first mod
You can find the model link on the main page.
There isn't
But thank you for permission 🙂
Attached images
Screenshot_2022-04-18-17-42-42-078_com.android.chrome.jpg
Quote from hooligan_rallyteam :There isn't
But thank you for permission 🙂

Welp it's not my model so.
Good luck
Quote from bayanofmansorofisky :I changed suspension for the sake of gameplay

It's not Need For Speed, it's Live For Speed so IMO "for sake of gameplay" it shoyld be realistic to give realistic driving experience.
Equal lenght wishbones are very bad idea because it's lacking camber gain, upper ones should be shorter to have camber close to 0 and have good grip when accelerating and have more negative camber to have grip on the corner when suspension compress.
Quote from versiu :It's not Need For Speed, it's Live For Speed so IMO "for sake of gameplay" it shoyld be realistic to give realistic driving experience.
Equal lenght wishbones are very bad idea because it's lacking camber gain, upper ones should be shorter.

Yes noted on the arms length ty
All i care for is it to drive well.
#19 - V_Ro
Quote from [OD :Jardim;1999413"]Can you raise redline to 6500-7000 rpm? youre cutting the engine short.

The real car cuts before 7000...maybe 6500 or 6700

The balance of this car (mod) is very unstable... I think it's the big flaw it has.The weight is still poorly distributed?
I'm having steeting issues with the g920, the wheel doen't want to stay straight it snaps either to the left or right.
Quote from RevLeon :I'm having steeting issues with the g920, the wheel doen't want to stay straight it snaps either to the left or right.

Because front wheels have just 1.6° caster. Normally cars have around 6° caster.

Since creators of many mods don't have FFB wheel,they don't even notice such things. Shrug
Quote from Eclipsed :Because front wheels have just 1.6° caster. Normally cars have around 6° caster.

Since creators of many mods don't have FFB wheel,they don't even notice such things. Shrug

Thank you for the input, it does say in update#2 "-Fixed Caster (now +6)" but it doesn't seem to be the case. Now let's hope the creator will make the necessary updates and fix it
Quote from RevLeon :Thank you for the input, it does say in update#2 "-Fixed Caster (now +6)" but it doesn't seem to be the case. Now let's hope the creator will make the necessary updates and fix it

Yep, im aware of some strange stuff.. Ye increasing Caster eas some way back but idk why i reduced it maybe when i rebuilt the suspension.. But I'll definitely modify it asap
Im using mouse for steering so i have 0 feel of how it would behave on a wheel
Quote from Eclipsed :Because front wheels have just 1.6° caster.

Now it have 12° lol (a bit too much - should be like 6-7 max)

BTW... Megane III RS have very interesting front suspension

It basically reduces scrub radius and this mod have it a lot. I know that reducing it in this will move physical strut to inside of the wheel but I think people cares about it a bit too much. Sometimes u need to do some workaorounds like that to make proper feel of the car.

IIIRS
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG