The online racing simulator

Poll : Do you approve the suggestion?

Closes
Yes
No
Settings Profiles
I tried to drive bikes for a few days and I found out that it's really hard to drive with the same settings on both cars and bikes (at least for me), especially "view" settings. That got me in the awkward position to have screenshots and changing settings back and forward, but that's messy.

After that, I went with the idea of installing a second LFS just for bike settings, but then I remembered that the mods folder would download itself again.

After that, I thought, what about parents who give their children to drive a bit? Wouldn't it be nice, if we could save profiles and name them? Bike Settings, Children Settings, Car Settings, Formula Settings, HQ Graphics Settings, LQ Graphics Settings etc.

So my suggestion is to make settings profiles in which we can use different settings. You just press 1 button and you are ready to go. I also suggest a "duplicate profile" & "delete profile" buttons (with popups for confirmation) so it's easier to adjust things.
It is a reasonable suggestion but isn't something I can write quickly and so will be far down the priorities at this point.

But I'm responding to mention that most of this can probably be done by scripts, although you would have to manually run the script.
Thank you for replying and considering it for somewhere in the future. I was going to make a new thread in the technical section and ask for an alternative, but since you replied here and it's about the same topic.

I was going for a different approach by replacing files, but it didn't work. Scripts sound way better. Is every setting available as a command?

For example, I can't find:
View -> View Lock -> car / filter / horizon
Controls -> mouse/keyboard | wheel/joystick
Not every setting is available as a command, although ideally that would be the case. I've made a note to see if I can add these. If there are more that you need, feel free to tell me.
Thank you. I'm sure that there are a few more settings missing. I will make a list hopefully later today or worst case tomorrow, after that I will compare the available commands with the list and I will post back here. I did get some feedback last week from bikers, so hopefully, I will post back most of the settings that everyone would use. Though anyone could post here, if we miss something.
Thanks, but if you are going to do a list, please make it clear which are higher priority. I'm not hoping for a long list of things to add! I'm really busy trying to get back on track (after releasing a minor update for the public version).

I mean, if I wanted to compare with every available setting, I could do it myself, I guess. I'm more trying to help with your specific issue at this point, so if possible please stick to what's relevant for your use case (or similar).

Remember that every thing I do in the public version, has to be copied into the development version, so it's not a good time for tasks than venture into several different source code files.
I understand. The two settings I mentioned earlier would be enough for me.

- Move from Mouse/Keyboard to Steering Wheel/Joystick
- Change the view lock in View settings: car/filter/horizon.

Thank you very much.

Sorry one more thing. View -> Look Function: Axis/Steer/MouseX/MouseXY/Joystick
I installed the patch and tested the commands with scripts. They work. Thank you, you're a legend.

Settings Profiles
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG