The online racing simulator
DADGE VENOM GTS
Vehicle mod: DADGE VENOM GTS
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/3DAFCC

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :New Era of muscle

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :sportscar from Dadge revealing brand new power plants and a full time manual 6 speed gearbox just for the enthusiasts,

Entire drivetrain, handling and physics done by : IvanCSXracing

and also ErenAslan94 for Rear wing,

Special thanks to Psikomania

COVER SCREENSHOT:
People should try this mod. It drives like a dream - if you have a stable right foot Big grin

One question I have is regarding the engine sound, it sounds a bit like a hybrid between an American V10 and an European V10, more "biased" to the latter. Is it possible to create an engine sound that's closer related to the real life counterpart?

Besides this small "issue", I really like this mod! One of my favourite mods to drive, that's for sure.
I think he just forgot to select "american" mode in the config Smile

Lfs sound engine is very limiting and not everything is possible to reproduce. Anyway I would like if you can describe what is the difference between the european and american V10 engine sound.
You gotta fix the sound, it clips insanely bad. If you made it with 'OPTIONS->AUDIO->Prevent clipping (EXPERIMENTAL)' turned ON, you must turn this OFF and re-tune your audio.

EDIT: I took a closer look in Audacity, your engine .WAV is too hot. I set the peak to be -9dB but this still seems a bit much, however this gets you on to the path to success with it.

My personal recommendation is to have the .WAV peak anywhere between -12 and -9dB (note. decibels is logarithmic. -9dB is a vast difference from -12dB).

Note here^ 'New Peak Amplitude' versus 'Amplification'. Peak amplitude is the thing you're after.

Play around with this a lot until both things are satisfied:
-No clipping except in only the worst case scenarios (IE, tunnels, etc.), though clipping is avoidable altogether, it just takes lots of try-fix-try tuning.
-You are very satisfied with the sound Smile

Off to a great start!

EDIT2:
I dove in a bit. I uploaded the .eng if you would like to try. If you like it, feel free to use it or derive from it.

-set peak -12dB

-applied notch filter at:
-4500hz
-6500hz
-11000hz

Explanation:
Audacity has a tool to check for things like notches in your EQ (Analyze -> Plot Spectrum), this helped identify a few areas. My perception is these cause noise and can create a certain fatigue on the ear rather quickly.
-> this fixes small "bumps" in the EQ...mitigates a hiss noise and removes a low treble harshness that adds fatigue to the ears.

before notch filters:

after notch filters & amp. adjustment:

Happy to hear your thoughts
Attached files
dadge-stig.eng - 115.4 KB - 12 views
Holy cow im now just seeing all of this, hope any changes that were made fixed all these requests/critique lol
Oh this is recent!? Ite will check it out,
Quote from dh7938726 :Holy cow im now just seeing all of this, hope any changes that were made fixed...

No problem! I wasnt thinking about the EU V10 vs US V10 comment but I do think it sounds better, definitely has improved the clipping situation a good amount.

DADGE VENOM GTS
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG