The online racing simulator
More flatty detail?
(11 posts, started )
More flatty detail?
Ahh first off let me just say im loving this game! The physics and the realism is amazing. I had the demo for a day or two then just went a bought an S2 License! Ive got Nascar Season 2003, GTR and GTR2 but I cant keep my hands off LFS Now I just need to buy myself a wheel, thinking of the G25 from Logitech...*holds wallet* Borring my mates "Thrustmaster Force Feedback Racing Wheel" atm

Anyways enough chit-chat!

I was thinking maybe more detail when you get a flat tyre. Maybe have the tyre slowly degrade and have parts of rubber flying off untill you get down to the rim and then have some sparks?

Ive read in a few posts that you dont want to go into damage particles flying everywhere yet, but maybe something small like rubber and sparks on the wheels is a good place to start?

Love doing some drifting a destroying my lovely tyres!

Anyways, just a thought. Amazing game people, keep up the good work!
Alot of people have suggested this, but as LFS is a CPU based game, it would destroy some peoples folks computers for the ones that have slower machines. Also, some people would'nt like this as they dont like bits dissapearing from the track after they have been there for a certain amount of time

frenchy

EDIT: BTW, welcome to lfs mate, hope to see you sometime
Ahh I see. Yea I wouldnt like things disaparing either, I HATE that in games.

Anyways, it was just a thought.

Thanks for the welcome btw
Quote from Adampell :Ahh I see. Yea I wouldnt like things disaparing either, I HATE that in games.

Anyways, it was just a thought.

Thanks for the welcome btw

Ye its a good thought. i would love to see balls of rubber gather on the track, which act like marbles when you touch them. But as most people using lfs have "average" machinesm they computer would freeze with anything like this.

Btw, your welcome for the welcome

frenchy
Yea this is one of the things I like about LFS aswell, it have never froze or crashed my PC. Very easy on the hardware, yet such an amazing game!

Im running:

3.6Ghz P4 775 Prezy.
1 Gig 533Mhz RAM
256Mb ATi X800XT

Runs niiiiiiiiiiiice.

Wanna get a new PC soon though, need a sexy dual core.
Im thinking maybe they should make it so that you could turn that off?

I mean, you dont need to have bits and pieces, id just like to see the tire be flat at the bottom ^^
i dont know too much specs about my PC, but i now this:

4700mhz intel duo core processor
2gb ram memory
500gb hard drive
512mb graphics card ATI Something model number >.<
Tv out card
6 card memory reader
fire-wire
Touch sensitive i-media with remote and reciver
infrared tc reciever and infrared Digital reciever
Bluetooth
Remote
Windows XP media center edition
wireless keyboard and mouse
Cambridge audio 7.1 surround sound
DVD burner and R/W
DVD drive
External portable 40gb hard-drive
Skype Headset
21' monitor

thats just the basics

frenchy
Quote from Arsenic_Fox :Im thinking maybe they should make it so that you could turn that off?

I mean, you dont need to have bits and pieces, id just like to see the tire be flat at the bottom ^^

They do go flat! (Visibly too, not "sink into the ground" like certain other "sims")
Quote from Arsenic_Fox :Im thinking maybe they should make it so that you could turn that off?

How would you work turing off damage for some but not others, surely that is unfair?

Also if you have a puncture the tyre does go flat visually... One thing I love about LFS is when you have a flat tyre and try drive the car it actually feels and moves like it has a flat tyre.
I believe he meant the visual aspect of the flat (pieces flying off, etc) could be turned on and off.

This might work, but the data would still be transmitted over the server and chew up some bandwidth in the process. I don't really think it's necessary at this stage, and I'm one of those guys with an "average" computer.
who says it has to be exact? for stuff like that, it would [have to] be clientside like smoke, not serverside

More flatty detail?
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG