The online racing simulator
Solle and chong 815bhp xrt drift @ kyo ;)
(12 posts, started )
#1 - solle
#2 - adin
i'm not a drift fan and rarely watch LFS drift videos
but i must say this one is pretty cool
Now sorry, but you and your friend are quite nicely driving something really special (800+ bhp is special) and you make no effort for the video to stand out...

There is a hell lot of potential wasted in this vid, you could have done more to show the cars extreme power and how difficult it is to hold one of theese, even if it isnt (I mean, I don't know if it is, everything I did over 600 bhp was on slicks...and was quite tricky)

You could make it more spectacular, or even (since you had a friend driving with you) you could give the video some tension by applying a challenge for example (like put some AI drivers in GTR cars and beating them while sideways, or something else...I'd give the XRG extra oomph and make a battle if I were doing that video actually...would look nice I suppose)

on more "down to earth" notes

the camera angles are just average
the special effects are missing
music is something I wouldn't even think of when making action movie in LFS
and the aspect is...ehm...weird...

6/10 from me...
Quote from squidhead :Now sorry, but you and your friend are quite nicely driving something really special (800+ bhp is special) and you make no effort for the video to stand out...

There is a hell lot of potential wasted in this vid, you could have done more to show the cars extreme power and how difficult it is to hold one of theese, even if it isnt (I mean, I don't know if it is, everything I did over 600 bhp was on slicks...and was quite tricky)

You could make it more spectacular, or even (since you had a friend driving with you) you could give the video some tension by applying a challenge for example (like put some AI drivers in GTR cars and beating them while sideways, or something else...I'd give the XRG extra oomph and make a battle if I were doing that video actually...would look nice I suppose)

on more "down to earth" notes

the camera angles are just average
the special effects are missing
and the aspect is...ehm...weird...

6/10 from me...

You are so cool
________
FORD XL FALCON HISTORY
I couldn't concentrate on the video because I was laughing at the music.
It was pretty alright though could have been better, good try though
Really nice drifting but I would have liked to see a little more zoom on the camera. A lot of scenes where just two dots throwing up smoke, not much action from that distance. Also it needs a slight better ending. On whole though I like the video, with a few changes it could be really nice video.
Quote from BigTime :Really nice drifting but I would have liked to see a little more zoom on the camera. A lot of scenes where just two dots throwing up smoke, not much action from that distance. Also it needs a slight better ending. On whole though I like the video, with a few changes it could be really nice video.

Im with Bigtime
It was edited niecly..

But it could've kept it going with some effects..

There's nothing wrong in experimenting with effects, if it goes wrong just start over.. Play around with them, its the best way to test effects..

The music kinda fitted in..

7/10
Thanks for all the comments!
This was the first time i tested with custom cameras. I agree it sometimes was a long distance between cars n camera. Its looks good in "real size" not utube version. I'll think about that next time, custom cameras is a pain in the ass

Quote from squidhead :

About the "weird" music? - Everyone have different tastes in music, nightwish who made this song didnt make it to fit lfs-videos. I made it fit! (or atleast I think i did. Look at the begining with burnout start.)

I could think of many songs to acctually fit for LFS drifting/racing, but its not a challange.. Its fun to do something different, huh?

Its all about editing, and effects are overated imo. Just look at Nyoxs SaikoD "trailer. It has overused effects all over the place, ever seen thoose effects in real movies? - I think not

But as I said earlier in this post, i really appreciate all comments, it helps me to get better. Every opinion is good, the "bad" ones are the best.

Keep em coming

Anyone have a good tip for exporting from adobe premiere to a "good" raw format?
Quote from solle :
Anyone have a good tip for exporting from adobe premiere to a "good" raw format?

Not exactly raw, but you can choose a pretty good quality export by selecting the HD presets

Quote from solle :custom cameras is a pain in the ass

actually it's the best instrument in Racing game movie maker's inventory... it is only hard to get used to...easy to work with

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG