The online racing simulator
Kodak EasyShare M1033
(14 posts, started )
Kodak EasyShare M1033
well my dad asked me what i wanted for Christmas and i said a camara lol so we went out looking and such and i saw the Kodak EasyShare M1033 it was $150 us.i went on ebay and there like $125ish with 8gb sd cards.its a 10 mp camara with HD vids

just want your guys opinion thx
#2 - Lible
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :well my dad asked me what i wanted for Christmas and i said a camara lol so we went out looking and such and i saw the Kodak EasyShare M1033 it was $150 us.i went on ebay and there like $125ish with 8gb sd cards.its a 10 mp camara with HD vids

just want your guys opinion thx

HD Vids? What are you talking about.
Quote from Lible :HD Vids? What are you talking about.

Means it can record videos in High Definition quality
#5 - MR_B
It may record with a larger resolution, but the quality of that is aweful. Some horrible graining going on.

Jessops don't even stock Kodak's anymore because they just aren't very good. Like Samsungs which should be pulled from the shelves they're so bad.
Reviews say its about average for a point-and-shoot. Nothing to write home about though.
-
((SaM)) DELETED by (SaM)
#7 - (SaM)
If you want good quality, I'd seriously recommend the Canon SD880. It's a camera you might pay a little bit more for, but then again, the value of this camera is twice as much as it costs. It's currently $268.28 at Amazon.com.

It's got a really convenient 3" display, 10MP, lightweight, image stabilized and a 5-20mm zoomlens.

Take a look at Ken Rockwell's gallery of SD880 photos he took (unedited).

http://www.kenrockwell.com/canon/compacts/sd880/gallery.htm
Never ever buy a Kodak point & shoot.

I review cameras as a side business, and every single one I've ever used is beyond shitty.

edit: yeah, go with Canon.
Quote from (SaM) :If you want good quality, I'd seriously recommend the Canon SD880. It's a camera you might pay a little bit more for, but then again, the value of this camera is twice as much as it costs. It's currently $268.28 at Amazon.com.

It's got a really convenient 3" display, 10MP, lightweight, image stabilized and a 5-20mm zoomlens.

Take a look at Ken Rockwell's gallery of SD880 photos he took (unedited).

http://www.kenrockwell.com/canon/compacts/sd880/gallery.htm

There's no viewfinder. A camera isn't worth squat if there's not viewfinder, even the little point and shoots that the viewfinder wouldn't be through the lens. There are many of Canon's SD series that does have a viewfinder. I would say any of Canon's P&S cameras would be a good choice, just some a better choice over others.

And Ken Rockwell is a moron.

DWB (can't remember the real name now, it's been too long, LOL), since you review them, how is the image quality and ISO quality of the 10 mp compared to last year's 7 and 8 mp little P&S cameras? Just curious. That's a lot of pixels shoved into such a tiny little sensor.

Kodak and their stupid must be connected to the computer through the EasyShare base thing turned me off from them a long time ago. I don't know if they are still like that or not.
Quote from mrodgers :And Ken Rockwell is a moron.

There's quite a few people who seem to think that. And to some point i agree, he's a bit of an... hmmm... yeah well, you could call him a moron i guess.

But his photography tips and reviews are excellent.
He can get absolutely fanatic about cameras, saying this one is the best, whilst on another page he's ranting on and on why this camera, in the same category, is the best.

You just gotta read his website with a grain of salt, keeping your common sense at guard, extracting the info you need. If you do that, you'll be able to make a very well supported choice. I've done that and made my best purchase in years.

And his guide (albeit somewhat different from the others) is what keeps me coming back for more. I've put some of his tips to the test and it made me a better photographer.
#12 - th84
The kodak easy shares only belong in one place, the dumpster. My mom and ole lady have both owned one and they are pieces of poo-poo.

Quote from mrodgers :DWB (can't remember the real name now, it's been too long, LOL).

Try Ben.
Quote from th84 :Try Ben.

Er.... My name isn't Ben, and I am trying to remember...
Quote from mrodgers :DWB (can't remember the real name now, it's been too long, LOL), since you review them, how is the image quality and ISO quality of the 10 mp compared to last year's 7 and 8 mp little P&S cameras? Just curious. That's a lot of pixels shoved into such a tiny little sensor.

Well, the short answer is that more megapixels is usually a marketing gimmick and rarely an improvement. However, a lot of the manufacturers are producing cameras with better JPEG processing that mitigates some of the noise issues that come from shoving more pixels onto the same sized sensor.

The end result is that, mostly, the new 10+MP point & shoots produce about the same quality photos as the last generation's 7 & 8MPs.

I think Ken Rockwell is mostly BS, too, though he can be entertaining and he takes good photos. The only site I entirely trust for cameras is dpreview.com.

edit: and yes, my name is Ben. ;]

Kodak EasyShare M1033
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG