The online racing simulator
Quote from Gabkicks :yeah happens all the time with certain cars in real life as well the evo8 tripods like crazy

in real life tyres have grip you know
what does that have to do with me confirming that cars tripod in real life as well?illepall
Quote from SchneeFee :me keeps hoping it will be a server upgrade to 26 or even 32 racers.

Isn't 20 players enough for you? Even in leagues it's usually impossible to have 10 racers who do the same times and can compete which each other. And on public servers with 20 players multiple restarts are usual because of crashes and huge fps drops. Can you imagine it with 32 players?
Quote from Gabkicks :what does that have to do with me confirming that cars tripod in real life as well?illepall

nothing, i guess. I think imma go wake up first and only then i'll read this forum again..
Quote from marsaz :in real life tyres have grip you know

The amount of grip that you have when purely racing to get the best time out of the car and doing it right in LFS is just about right at speeds above 60-70kph. Bellow that speed, physics are dodgy. The new patch isn't gonna give you NFS:MW-esque grip. There is also an issue with the rate at which tyres regain grip once they lose it due to high slip angle/slip ratio, but that doesn't affect your driving until you make a mistake. By that comment it sounds to me like you are expecting the patch to give you 15g's on road tyres.
Quote from axus :By that comment it sounds to me like you are expecting the patch to give you 15g's on road tyres.

No i am not expecting that. I know that tyre physics have some inaccuracy now. Like wheelspin starts are the fastest or almost no grip regain makes you go sideways forever. I am expecting this to be fixed and as far as i know it already is
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Pits would have to be reconfigured for this.

...and now I see that you mentioned that earlier...

(should really read the thread before I reply.)
Im worried that Im going to be slow when the patch is released
Quote from csimpok :Isn't 20 players enough for you? Even in leagues it's usually impossible to have 10 racers who do the same times and can compete which each other. And on public servers with 20 players multiple restarts are usual because of crashes and huge fps drops. Can you imagine it with 32 players?

csimpok, in Spanish league we are just driving every monday without restarting. The problem is not how many drivers are online, it´s who are online.
The devs seem to have the community hugely excited about the patch... they sure know how to tease... almost 30 page thread over 4 days and it still goes on...
Quote from axus :The devs seem to have the community hugely excited about the patch... they sure know how to tease... almost 30 page thread over 4 days and it still goes on...

O RLY?

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo no more owls!! "madman loads shotgun"

wonder what update we get today
Quote from axus :The devs seem to have the community hugely excited about the patch... they sure know how to tease... almost 30 page thread over 4 days and it still goes on...

think its also a good motivation for themselfs to see that some many of us are getting totally loony about the patch
@Madman_CZ: Propably the aston config.
@XRRoy: I guess they are sort of proud and 'finished' with the latest patch. If everything works out as expected I guess that the next release will be S3, in 2007. (Hopefully that early )

Vain
Quote from XRRoy :think its also a good motivation for themselfs to see that some many of us are getting totally loony about the patch

It'd be nice to think so, as I imagine doing the research and coding into a black art like tyres can be pretty arduous and thankless at the time; and the list of updates required (i.e. assumed by the community that we'll be getting for S2 Final) from Eric is pretty extensive too.

I'm just kinda sitting back and waiting to see what the result is - the tyres are improved and the downforce bugs have been fixed which is the bare minimum I wanted from the patch, so anything else is a bonus. Then again, there really ought to be something else good since we've waited so long for the update.
Quote from Madman_CZ :wonder what update we get today

I'm thinking it's Saturday, day of rest and all that. No update today.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'm thinking it's Saturday, day of rest and all that. No update today.

No, its a day in April, so we should get something today too
I've been always curious about the FXR model. FXO's looks are based on Astra, but the GTR is 4WD car which is pretty unsual today (in 90's there was a 4WD Audi in the DTM series, right?). And then the specs (horsepower) are slightly based on old JGTC cars (Super GT)?

I hope so much that the surprise would be anything that has something to do with the sounds. At least a fix that would remove the ANNOYING "crashing" sound that only breaks your ears and headphones. Or adding a little bit noize (not that much that nK has!! ) would make a huge difference, like in this Todd Wasson's experimental test: http://www.performancesimulations.com/files/ENGIN~15.EXE

I think that experimental test sounds pretty good. Much better than LFS currently sounds.

Quote from axus :The new patch isn't gonna give you NFS:MW-esque grip. There is also an issue with the rate at which tyres regain grip once they lose it due to high slip angle/slip ratio, but that doesn't affect your driving until you make a mistake.

You think it doesn't affect? I think it affects everything. The driving line, lack of close racing in faster cars and most of all the constant fear or loosing the grip in every corner.
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'm thinking it's Saturday, day of rest and all that. No update today.

Quote from LFS Main Site : While we finish the patch, we will post some info and a picture or two about a new feature or update, each day.

I'll eat my hat if there is no update today.
Good appetite! Would you like some spices to go with it?
Quote from csimpok :Isn't 20 players enough for you? Even in leagues it's usually impossible to have 10 racers who do the same times and can compete which each other. And on public servers with 20 players multiple restarts are usual because of crashes and huge fps drops. Can you imagine it with 32 players?

i think about it escpecially for leagues and longdistance racing with driver change. rather not for puplic racing.
Btw, haven't been much talk about the collision detection problems. I guess that should be pretty high on the "to do" list...
maybe there uploading the patch? who knows! sounds like a kickass update, especially for me being on keyboard lol
Quote from deggis :Todd Wasson's experimental test: http://www.performancesimulations.com/files/ENGIN~15.EXE

I think that experimental test sounds pretty good. Much better than LFS currently sounds.

Hmm, that sounds kind of Ok for a first stab, but I dont see how its any better than LFS currently is.
This thread is closed

LFS.net has an update!!!
(2159 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG