The online racing simulator
Quote from UncleBenny :European drag racing speeds are nowhere near American.

You think American drag racing is quicker don't you.. Fool.
Quote from BlueFlame :You think American drag racing is quicker don't you.. Fool.

???

I just found out that US Top Fuel drag races take place on 300m drag strips, instead of the traditional quarter mile. The US record on the good old quarter mile is 4.441 seconds. I couldn't find the FIA European record.
Quote from hrtburnout :???

I just found out that US Top Fuel drag races take place on 300m drag strips, instead of the traditional quarter mile. The US record on the good old quarter mile is 4.441 seconds. I couldn't find the FIA European record.

Nevertheless, in Drag Racing, your time has to be 'backed up' which means more than 1 run of the same time. If you see American spec Top Fuel funny cars and European ones, you see clearly that they are totally different body styles. The current American ones have all these spoilers at the back and I think their chassis is a few CM longer too (not sure). Either way, 10years ago, European rules and NHRA Top Fuel Funny Car rules were almost the same, and the European cars were always quicker, with backed up times. Also, if you're going to research this, be sure not to confuse a Funny Car with a dragster sometimes known as a raildragster, and be sure not to mix up Top Methanol with Top Fuel, as they are (clearly) two different classes running on different fuels.
Quote from BlueFlame :You think American drag racing is quicker don't you.. Fool.

I didn't say that, just interpreting his post for you.

But if I had to guess without looking up records, yeah I'd say American is faster.
Quote from UncleBenny :I didn't say that, just interpreting his post for you.

But if I had to guess without looking up records, yeah I'd say American is faster.

I was quoting you because that was the statement I was replying to, not the OP of it.
Quote from BlueFlame :Nevertheless, in Drag Racing, your time has to be 'backed up' which means more than 1 run of the same time. If you see American spec Top Fuel funny cars and European ones, you see clearly that they are totally different body styles. The current American ones have all these spoilers at the back and I think their chassis is a few CM longer too (not sure). Either way, 10years ago, European rules and NHRA Top Fuel Funny Car rules were almost the same, and the European cars were always quicker, with backed up times. Also, if you're going to research this, be sure not to confuse a Funny Car with a dragster sometimes known as a raildragster, and be sure not to mix up Top Methanol with Top Fuel, as they are (clearly) two different classes running on different fuels.

American drag racing is, and always was, faster than euro drag racing. Australian records are also quicker and faster than europe's. Maybe you should do some research yourself?

Also, there's no difference in the bodyshapes. There might be a difference in the material as US cars are now all carbon fibre instead of fibreglass, but apart from that and the livery, the bodies are all the same wedge shape with huge rear wings needed for downforce.

The euro nitro funny car record is a 5.1@289mph where as the US record is 4.6@333mph for the quarter mile. They only run the nitro cars to the 1000 foot mark now (instead of 1320) after the death of Scott Kallita.
Quote from BlueFlame :
Regardless that the European Funny Car is based on a Pontiac rather than a Mustang they are completely different.

I hope you are joking.

First of all: They can pretty much choose their own form of the body.
And second: it's not that which seperates them.

In Europe we don't even have Top Fuel Funny Cars.
Top Fuel Funny Car = Funny car on nitromethane.
In europe we only have the Top Fuel Dragsters on nitromethane and some Top Methanol Dragsters on nitromethane.
We do not have nitromethane in Funny Cars.
The european Funny Cars are on methanol.
Quote from Falcon140 :Yes, but unlike Danica, she can actually drive.

She doesn't even have to turn left, never mind right.
Quote from PLAYLIFE :She doesn't even have to turn left, never mind right.

So you pretty much completely ignored the second page and a part of the first one to come to that statement?
Quote from Tim_J_23 :I hope you are joking.

First of all: They can pretty much choose their own form of the body.
And second: it's not that which seperates them.

In Europe we don't even have Top Fuel Funny Cars.
Top Fuel Funny Car = Funny car on nitromethane.
In europe we only have the Top Fuel Dragsters on nitromethane and some Top Methanol Dragsters on nitromethane.
We do not have nitromethane in Funny Cars.
The european Funny Cars are on methanol.

In Europe there is Top Fuel Funny Cars, and Top Methanol Funny Cars, we have both.
Quote from BlueFlame :American Top Fuel Funny Car
http://www.searchpictures.net/ ... ce_top_fuel_funny_car.jpg

European Top Fuel Funny Car
http://www.eurodragster.com/news/080538_1.jpg

Regardless that the European Funny Car is based on a Pontiac rather than a Mustang they are completely different.

I have also SEEN at an event a Top Fuel Funny Car go under than 5seconds at more than 300mph. So I don't know where you have this statistic plucked from. (possibly your arse)

Take a look in my arse..

US - http://www.nhra.com/stats/natrecord.html

Euro - http://www.eurodragster.com/ti ... uropeanbests/2008_msa.htm
#63 - 5haz
Quote from 5haz :Rocket propulsion is fairly useful too...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vlVVH8ecm5c

Sammy is dead now He fell of an oil rig iirc. A small fact on the rocket car, it was that brutally quick accelerating the retinas in Sammy's eyes were pushed back and subsequently after x ammount of runs he needed glasses
Quote from BlueFlame :In Europe there is Top Fuel Funny Cars, and Top Methanol Funny Cars, we have both.

How come they dont drive it?
And how do you know? You live in Uzbekistan, that's asia if I'm not mistaking.
Quote from Tim_J_23 :How come they dont drive it?
And how do you know? You live in Uzbekistan, that's asia if I'm not mistaking.

I did live in England
Oh ok.
But how come then they dont race the nitromethane in sweden?
They race the Top fuels but not the funny cars on nitromethane ...
Quote from Tim_J_23 :Oh ok.

I don't know, but the FIA European Drag Racing Championship, goes all over Europe, Sweden, Finland, Norway... England.... Sweden.. (ok not ALL over... hahaha)
Quote from Tim_J_23 :Weird ....
Because once it's nitromethane, you can hear it. But it's not, it's methanol ...

I even have a movie which you can hear it's methanol:

http://videos.streetfire.net/v ... stival-Mantorp_191963.htm

There have been talks at Santa Pod about how dangerous Nitromethane is, things like, in aluminium can and you tap with steel rod at 30'celsius it explodes, and stuff like this.
The dragracing stretch for Nitromethane cars such as the Top Fuel Dragster and Top Fuel Funny Car is now 1000 feet (about 330 Meters) instead of 1320 feet (402.33 meters) since the Scott Kalitta crash.
It will stay on 1000 feet till every track has been improved with more safety.
Quote from FlyeThemoon :HAHA (sorry :P) American drivers in racing series have strange last name for example Scott Speed, anyway Let the force be with her (always)

Don't forget Dick Trickle.
Quote from Tim_J_23 :Oh ok.

Because there's not enough cars/money to compete in a championship. Just like here in Australia, they have a couple cars going around doing demonstration runs and that's about it.

In the US they have 24 NHRA championship events per season with over 20 cars trying to get into a 16 car field and that's just nitro funny car. They have huge budgets sometimes fielding 2 or even 3 car teams in each class.

Anyone who thinks a 5 event season (FIA/UEM) with limited cash and second grade tracks can actually be quicker and faster than the US racing is a complete moron.
Quote from BlueFlame :There have been talks at Santa Pod about how dangerous Nitromethane is, things like, in aluminium can and you tap with steel rod at 30'celsius it explodes, and stuff like this.

Nitromethane will only light up under pressure. That's what gives nitro cars 8000hp. It will not light with a naked flame but it will explode with a hammer blow.

You really need to stop.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG