The online racing simulator
customizable cars
(54 posts, started )
Quote from stacks9 :is you want to do this get RFACTOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You couldn't possible use more "!!!!'s" ?
Nothing wrong with modding, as long as it stay on a professional quality.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :this might be cool. in LFS, wouldn't it be cool to put performance parts on cars? like on the NFS's from underground on up. With this, you can upgrade your car's road performance, and aerodynamics. but with the normal cars only. We also need to race and earn points to get parts. For up to stage three though. Demo users could get stage 1 stuff (or some of the stage 1), and licensed users get the rest. i think that would be kind of cool also, when you put bodykits and wings on, they can come in different styles to make the car look like you want it too. but idk? you decide i guess.

What about NOS? Or sound systems? Demo users' sound systems could be like these old stereos without MP3 support and only a single 12" subwoofer. Man, I bet that would be cool.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :ok. i'm going to start a demo users only thread.

...bahahaha.

You probably wont read all the other suggestions about the same thing, not searching and posting something that’s been suggested a million times is one of the top 10 things not to do on any forum, so I'll give you the sticking point about having upgradable parts (see it's been posted so many times I actually remember) people would find the best combination of parts, which everyone else would then have to use to compete thus rendering the idea redundant as everyone would be using the same thing...like now.
#29 - 5haz
The cars are customisable, you can change the setup, and the colour, and paint it in a fancy livery too if it should take your fancy!

Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :ok. i'm going to start a demo users only thread.

It will be interesting to see how you will stop S2 users from posting in the thread?

Normally I am completely against 'crapping on' threads, but this one is funny. I am a hypocrite, get over it.
Meh..
Maybe ill trow a veh. file off a building. Maybe he will jump after it?
#31 - Resu
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :you know it's not like i am right here. ok fine, then no upgrades like that. i just thought it would be a cool idea. making your car even more of a track car. like race on other tracks, but people have different ammounts of power, grip, and aerodynamics

You want Grip and aerodynamics buy the S2 license and play GTR cars.
I think they haven't tried one of the LFS's Supercars at the moment: BMW Sauber F1.06 (BF1)

2,4 Litre V8
722 horsepower 19076rpm
288Nm torque 16315rpm
530kg of mass

1383bhp / 1000kg

so, that I call tweak already and demo racers have tried Formula BMW FB02 I guess:

1,2 Litre inline 4
140 horsepower 8948rpm
125Nm torque 6756rpm
465kg of mass

307bhp / 1000kg

Yea know I understand it I am really sorry...
(nobody cannot drive with 140bhp only, of course, 465kg of mass but BF1 has a 582bhp more and weight only 65kg more. Yea, BF1 is a lot more ricer car because so huge wings and can drift it easily!)
Quote :
dustthatass
No longer welcome

How can dustthatass be 'No longer welcome' since a couple of weeks and still post ?
I would prefer having some form of power and weight control, so what the dev's could do is make the slider that controls the power limit go up as well as down,that goes for weight as well. It'd provide more freedom of choice, without the nfs style modification.

Either that, or they could add a tweak like application to the game for off line use in the latest patches.

But realistically, the only add-on I think could be used, and should be implemented is an "official" wheel modifier, like be-spoke. Because imo, the wheels on the Xrt are ghastly.
#35 - Riel
Wake up, we already have power and weight sliders.
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

I thought they only went downwards... the more I know, lol
Quote :I would prefer having some form of power and weight control, so what the dev's could do is make the slider that controls the power limit go up as well as down,that goes for weight as well.

I don't agree with this completely. Most would have max power and min weight...
But, what if it would be posible to slide torque to higher at lower revs/lower at higher revs (less power, more torque/more power, less torque)?
I hope you understand what I mean.

P.S.: Why are "all" off you against tuning? You don't know how it would be implemented in LFS by devs... Good implemented tuning isn't that bad.
#39 - Riel
Quote from Vito-[SLO] :I don't agree with this completely. Most would have max power and min weight...
But, what if it would be posible to slide torque to higher at lower revs/lower at higher revs (less power, more torque/more power, less torque)?
I hope you understand what I mean.

P.S.: Why are "all" off you against tuning? You don't know how it would be implemented in LFS by devs... Good implemented tuning isn't that bad.

It is not simulation anymore.

Real raceteams don't just 'slide their torque'.

Why should LFS have it? I think it is stupid to do that.
Haha, I love that picture, my background at work now
You know I will never resist posting this one!

*** C&P ALERT *** C&P ALERT *** C&P ALERT ***

Modifying the cars is pointless. Eventually, people would work out the ideal setup for each track and car and everyone would use it. Look at the number of people who use Inferno setups if you need proof that it would happen.
Therefor you end up with a field of identical cars, and guess what? That's exactly what we already have.

So how about you just drive the cars you have and I dunno, bang a metal trash can lid with your face to simulate the noise of a pointless "masseev zorst!!1111"

*** C&P END *** C&P END *** C&P END ***

I should make it into a Wikipedia page or something
But you see, it isn't necessarily pointless... I will paste in what i wrote in a similar thread..

Quote from danthebangerboy :Yeah i like the idea of there being different available parts to choose from. But, with a twist.

I propose, changeable parts, exhaust systems, turbos, brakes, gearing, clutch, engine cooling, etc..

The twist is, that most of the settings will give the same overall average performances lap for lap, but you will sacrifice some things, and gain on other things to get the same end result. Take the exhaust for example.

You can have a racing system for for better flow of gasses, but, as similar to real life, you will lose a slight amount of power at lower revs due to poor back pressure, but will get better power at higher revs. Whereas the standard exhaust will give better low end pull as the backpressure is there, but will suffer at higher revs due to the restrictive nature of a smaller bore system.

The same can be applied with turbos. Big turbo with higher boost. Big turbo lag but once revs are up the power will be kick in, vs the smaller turbo, a much better consistant performance overall without the lag, but don't forget, the big turboed cars will catch you up again when their boost arrives.

i find this a contreversial subject to comment on in any depth, but i have done it anyway. people often say how everyone will choose the faster setup, and with this, i feel that would not be the case.

It is just an idea, as it really gives people variety, a choice which is available IRL.

So thats how i think it could work.
Quote from Riel :It is not simulation anymore.

Real raceteams don't just 'slide their torque'.

Why should LFS have it? I think it is stupid to do that.

I know it wouldn't be realistic... It was just a reply to previous post. Pointles to be honest.

But what if you could tune (with additional/exchangeable parts, like in real life) youre car for more power or more torque. Maybe more torque and less power would better fit youre driving style and maybe improve fuel economy? And for some one else more power would be better.

Quote from Dajmin :
Modifying the cars is pointless. Eventually, people would work out the ideal setup for each track and car and everyone would use it. Look at the number of people who use Inferno setups if you need proof that it would happen.
Therefor you end up with a field of identical cars, and guess what? That's exactly what we already have.

And if people would have some "ideal" tune, it doesn't mean that it would fit every body. Just like setups. I generaly don't like Inferno sets, but most of racers use them (including me, because I don't have the time any more), and still we can change setups.
#45 - JJ72
Quote from danthebangerboy :But you see, it isn't necessarily pointless... I will paste in what i wrote in a similar thread..

So thats how i think it could work.

well you haven't added any depth to it, really, all you are saying is "different parts offers different performance."

a combo of parts will be proven to work best on a particular track, that's when everybody start copying the combo.

and another problem is car balancing is hard enough already with 3 to 4 cars, if you drop parts into the equation, driving ability become less and less of a deciding factor, which is wrong in a driving simulator like LFS, cos people like to race with close machineries.

I have never seen modified car being balanced properly, in grand turismo forza etc etc, where can you find the data needed to recreate realistic parts? we have a small team and we should be focusing on features that improves the racing, rather than to satisfy the interest of a small portion of people who likes to to fiddle with things.
Quote from JJ72 :a combo of parts will be proven to work best on a particular track, that's when everybody start copying the combo.

That's exactly my point on the whole issue.

Right now the Inferno setups are a similar way. You sacrifice some brake force for a more controlled turn, or you get impractical tyre wear for the sake of extra grip, or you risk engine damage for the sake of crazy acceleration, you sacrifice top speed for extra aero force.
The people who make them and run WR times with them (probably) spend hundreds of laps just compare the split second time differences. The same would happen with any mod setups.

I'd love to see a range of selectable wheels which don't affect performance, just from a design point of view. Maybe even the choice of a couple of spoilers which have identical force effects, just to have some more appearance options. But nothing performance-related is needed.
Where are the Moderators on this forums, Seriously some of you guys make me ****ing sick with the absolute shite that being typed here, yes we have had endless amount of posts about NFS upgrades and extra crap being suggested but bloody hell you dont have to start ripping the absolute shite out the poor lad ffs.....
Firstly, we were typing properly and in well thought-out ways with no bad language. Nobody even went nuts pointing to the search button (for a change).

Secondly, we were all on-topic, something I'm rather afraid you failed at. Not even an afterthought "ooh I guess if I'm going to try telling someone off about forum etiquette maybe I should use some myself" comment. Just flaming the people who resonded fairly politely to a question.

I see you don't post much here. If they're all going to be like that one, please keep it that way. Not everyone chooses the "hang first, maybe ask a question later" option.
Quote from Logicalx :Where are the Moderators on this forums, Seriously some of you guys make me ****ing sick with the absolute shite that being typed here, yes we have had endless amount of posts about NFS upgrades and extra crap being suggested but bloody hell you dont have to start ripping the absolute shite out the poor lad ffs.....

+1 exactly. LFS is best as it is LFS nowdays.

I WANT SUBWOOFERS ON LFS! I WANT TO DRIFT WITH MY HUGE REAR WINGS!
also, I want a Super FZ50 GTR Superturbo with 1350 ricer horsepower!

I want live for speed and I need it for speed lol wut
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :Yeah. LFS SHOULD NEVER be like NFS. What I'm trying to get through your thick skulls (not you danthebangerboy) that's not working is it can be LFS, just with more to it. People all over the world take a car, make it all out insane, and race it on the track. People do that at the Nurburgring. I even saw a little video of a bunch of people had little Golf's and stuff with performance upgrades to them and they raced all over this one track. Jow come drifters upgrade their cars, huh? Is it just for the noise they make? NO! It's to make the car BETTER. So, performance upgrades would be kind of cool. Besides, skins would look even better with this stuff. The Ectype kit skin could become a real bodykit anyway. So, you may not like my idea, but other people actually do. So SHUT IT, sit back, and enjoy the thread!

I'm sorry, your not seeming to get what people are saying. If upgrades where possible racing online wouldn't be fair at all unless everyone had the same upgrades. Now if everyone had the same upgrades would the cars be any better then they already are? Maybe faster and a bit less realistic...but that's about it. I strongly suggest if you like upgrading your car, that you go play NFS or some other arcade game.

customizable cars
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG