The online racing simulator
I don't know how long you have been around LFS but the devs do have their teasing roots that they seem to be going back to.. I also highly doubt that LFS will become ruled comercially because of this new car. You have legal documents for that. The devs would not allow this car in if it were to change the way in which LFS was developed. It will just give LFS more exposure and popularity, in which I see no harm at all.

I also think that everyone who is bitching should back off and allow the devs to enjoy their victory - it is a victory... I am sure they are pretty proud to show us such an exciting peace of news and you shouldn't walk all over it. The patch will come when it is ready and it will be mind-blowing. Have a bit of patience.
Quote from ajp71 :@Sam - I take your point although I've never seen such constant sensless bashing of a sim on other forums (including to ISI sims).

I honestly think that it's a combination of two things. One of those, which is pure speculation based on my own observation.. nKP did set itself up for a fall. I don't have it, have never used it, and won't do until such time as it carries something of interest specifically to me. No criticism there.. just mere fact. It doesn't meet my sim needs. YET.

The other side of things is that LFS has a self-perpetuating community of enthusiasts. It's the internet's equivalent of patriotism, and every government knows how powerful that lever is. It rises of its own accord, naturally, in the face of an externally perceived threat. It's an inevitability and it's something you can't dissuade by reasoned argument. People are, inside, what they are. And their allegiances will out.

I'm sad that you feel offended by the anti-nKP feeling that you see in some, on here. Mostly I think it's more good-humoured than you perceive, but neither of us have the power to stop nature taking its course.
Quote from axus :I also think that everyone who is bitching should back off and allow the devs to enjoy their victory - it is a victory... I am sure they are pretty proud to show us such an exciting peace of news and you shouldn't walk all over it. The patch will come when it is ready and it will be mind-blowing. Have a bit of patience.

Totally agree.
Is anyone else terrified at the idea of driving an F1 style car around BLGP? I've made cars that can do 200mph with Mechanik and they're horrible to drive, but that's mainly because of tyre issues, hopefully that's been sorted out. Traction control would probably needed in a 750bhp RWD car too
Quote from Don :from liveforspeed.net:
While we finish the patch, we will post some info and a picture or two about a new feature or update, each day.

Quote from Huru-aito :What comes to my thoughts about patch completion and release, I'll say there's no point holding a finished patch and not releasing it. And like we can see, the patch isn't out yet. My racername could give you a hint for why I might know things.

Nice, the claims about the patch being finished before releasing updates have been proved wrong.

Human's mind is an interesting thing, most you have waited since last summer for a physics update without going crazy, and now when it is certain the patch will come within two weeks, now some start to go crazy? Take it easy people
about that BMW test track, well i found something with google earth...
Attached images
BMWTEST.jpg
Tractioncontrol, plaah! If the tires are fixed, wich seem likely because teasing us with a F1, there shouldnt be much problems.
Quote from Hyperactive :So you're saying it is shit even if you haven't been able to test at all?

yes he is ... a program that either not running at all or causing that many problems on anybodys pc is a sure sign of bad programming ... and not nearly enough betatesting ... it a fact that nkp doesnt run stable at all at the moment which is sub par for a game on sale

Quote from axus :What more info do you want for one day?

maybe some info on how deep the collaboration with sauber goes etc
Quote from Taavi(EST) :about that BMW test track, well i found something with google earth...

Those ...uhm... 2 corners look tempting lol (not)
Quote from afastest :Nice, the claims about the patch being finished before releasing updates have been proved wrong.

Human's mind is an interesting thing, most you have waited since last summer for a physics update without going crazy, and now when it is certain the patch will come within two weeks, now some start to go crazy? Take it easy people

Sorry, but there is not a single proof - only assumptions.

And this is exactly what I made - only assumptions.

You should take every assumption for what it is and not say one of them is a fact and the other one not. Stay objective please...
Quote from spookthehamster :Is anyone else terrified at the idea of driving an F1 style car around BLGP? I've made cars that can do 200mph with Mechanik and they're horrible to drive, but that's mainly because of tyre issues, hopefully that's been sorted out. Traction control would probably needed in a 750bhp RWD car too

Well, terrified no, electrified yes. And I would be vapourized if they add a GP circuit in.
Quote from Blackout :Tractioncontrol, plaah! If the tires are fixed, wich seem likely because teasing us with a F1, there shouldnt be much problems.

It's 300hp more than the F08 produces. Tricky might be too soft word for it
Quote :Tractioncontrol, plaah! If the tires are fixed, wich seem likely because teasing us with a F1, there shouldnt be much problems.

Right. Michelin and Bridgestone must have gotten their tire physics wrong. What other reason would be there that F1 uses TC?
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :The forums are so slow and I didnt feel like reading though the entire post to see if anyone else noticed this ...

http://www.liveforspeed.net/pa ... es/aprilupdate/dialsA.jpg

The gauges wernt like that during the initial update where they? Didn't they change?

I thought the same on page 5. At the first it looked like FOX's new dashboard. Even on day 4 there seems to be an updated car (rear wing) and on day one the FO8 has smaller arms like the current one.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :about that BMW test track, well i found something with google earth...

although fun for top speed quests, that would be pointless for racing...
if there really gonna be an RL track, it's definitely one where BMW F1 is beeing driven, tested or hopefully raced - nurbie gp was already mentioned
Jees, will all you people whining about the 'daily updates' that the devs are giving us kindly stfu. The main information is that there's going to be a patch before April is over. So assume the worst, and that means Sunday April 30th.

If the patch is released before that, great. If the devs give us teasers up to that date, great. That is all little bonuses and a bit of fun. If you don't like it, come back on April 30th and see if the patch is out by then.
for people who cant drive!
Quote from Christian Seidel :Sorry, but there is not a single proof - only assumptions.

What? One is taken from liveforspeed.net itself (While we finish the patch), and the other told by a beta-tester? Or maybe you mean the devs are not telling the truth (which is actually lying) ?
mm i belive that patch is already finished and tested. reasons: LFS devs are serius people, so they wont promess a pic each day if they dont know how many days left to patch out. and they said a last date, end of april, if they finish patch.. hmmm tomorrow, test and find a big bug, thats not so good, i doubt that :P

i think they are giving us some kind of fun with this "detective patch" :P

cya
The most exciting piece of information that underlies the fact that there is apparently going to be an F1 car is the fact that they must have gotten the tires to behave quite nicely to have the guts to include such a ridiculously powerful car! Can't wait to feel the cars stick to the road!
<conspiracy mode on> we heard about the physics and the aero updates that make strong cars more controllable. we saw a dense, foggy version of blackwood. we have a picture of a sauber and saw that bmw used lfs for a commercial. next thing is the bmw pitlane attraction show with driving simulators. this is to be reveiled at the nurburgring formula1 gp in may.
--> me thinks that the devs licenced lfs to bmw for their show, therefore they needed a f1 car. now the big issue is: what bmw gave to the devs? just money? i dont think so - i think they payed for a nordschleife licence or at least for a f1 gp circuit. the fog is also very good for simulating the nordschleife since there is often foggy or rainy weather along the track. </conspiracy mode off>

peace mo
Quote from Hyperactive :It's 300hp more than the F08 produces. Tricky might be too soft word for it

Yes but you must remember that driving (mostly slower) corners with FO8 is currently crap because the physics. When you have a more faster corner its much better. Different game but was it GP3 where there wasnt traction aids and it was drivable, and those cars had about 900hp, dunno. Thortle control

and to someone: The reason F1 has TC and LC is allowed is that FIA just cant control they arent using them. Todays computers. And because of the safety. But we dont have those problems do we. I think it wouldnt much LFSish to have aids.
Quote from afastest :What? One is taken from liveforspeed.net itself (While we finish the patch), and the other told by a beta-tester? Or maybe you mean the devs are not telling the truth (which is actually lying) ?

If you would have read my post carefully you would have seen that I assumed that finishing a patch can also mean something else but only coding it.

But hey - you're right, I'm wrong.

Are you OK with that? At least I am...
I thought F08 was fairly easy to drive already.

That thing is insane! Imagine all the track combinations you could make there illepall

Real F1 cars have traction control so having that option would be realistic.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG