The online racing simulator
Dirt Tyres for FXO GTR
(16 posts, started )
Dirt Tyres for FXO GTR
Allowing dirt tyres on the FXO GTR would make for a good high-powered rallyx formula.
Used to be allowed but they took it off, and for good reason IMO. I'm sure if you use slickmod or something you can select hybrid again.
Due to the nature of the car it's obviously not optimized for dirt racing at all. Stick to the RB4 if you want 4-wheel drive dirtracer.

But for the heck of it I would actually like to see a high power rally car, that is a rally car and not a GTR with knobbly tires.
+1
I still think that with some exceptions, all tyres should be available for all cars, enforcable by server.

That would mean you could run slicks on any car if you wanted to, or - like the OP said - knobbly/hybrids on the GTRs. Could be pseudo-WRC-spec or something
But obviously a server option could prevent any particular tyre if they wanted. Slicks on the STD cars would just be pointless.
Quote from Dajmin :I still think that with some exceptions, all tyres should be available for all cars, enforcable by server.

That would mean you could run slicks on any car if you wanted to, or - like the OP said - knobbly/hybrids on the GTRs. Could be pseudo-WRC-spec or something
But obviously a server option could prevent any particular tyre if they wanted. Slicks on the STD cars would just be pointless.

Even if all cars would have all tires, in real life GTR cars would not run about it's body and suspension. Maybe WRC car in other hand would make it a very cool.

Well, maybe no sense, but would be very funny .

P.S. and formula cars on dirt tires? Well, maybe snow
http://images.google.fi/imgres ... p%3D21%26hl%3Dfi%26sa%3DN

EDIT: Stupid link not work perfectly, but you find the mean video on right
They should have NOT put this picture as the default bkg_entry.jpg

This is the ONLY pic you can find of a XFR on a rallycross event!

They should put dirt tyres for the XFR and not the FXR.
It looks really good imo.
Real rallycross tyres are slick-like tyres, depending on event they aren't cut at all (no tread pattern). The FXR handles very nice on rallycross tracks with current slick tyres and proper setup. Hybrid and knobbly tyres are more like rally tyres. I guess their existence is due to the simplistic (or the lack of) gravel physics.

And, like said already, the FXR as a GT racer doesn't really resemble rallycross cars. What I'd like more (and what I've suggested quite a few times) is that the devs would make proper Div1 (& 1A, 2 etc) vehicles. And some better rallycross tracks.
A RB4 WRC spec car (with the turbo restrictor out for RallyX?) would be sensible, but not dirt tyres on the FXR. With that body kit it would look sillier than a ferret in clown suit.
Quote from duke_toaster :A RB4 WRC spec car (with the turbo restrictor out for RallyX?) would be sensible, but not dirt tyres on the FXO. With that body kit it would look sillier than a ferret in clown suit.

More silly than this???

http://www.webwombat.com.au/mo ... /images/evorally4-big.JPG

The skirts and splitter on the FXO GTR are a bit wrong I agree. Everyone uses realism as an argument for this and that. Fun factor should be more important imo.
Quote from southamptonfc :More silly than this???

http://www.webwombat.com.au/mo ... /images/evorally4-big.JPG

The skirts and splitter on the FXO GTR are a bit wrong I agree. Everyone uses realism as an argument for this and that. Fun factor should be more important imo.

HEY ! you gotta restecp the lancer !

the skoda's look silly ... and the silliest is the peugeot 307

( i know how to write respect ..... its just that i wanted to put a word from ali g in da house )
But it was a complete flop in the WRC lol. As a road car it's the best road going 4x4 racer thing you can get for under £45k (cause then the GTR is like £55k or something) though.
the GTR isnt a racer anymore.... its a supercar now..... it made the jump from a ricer's poster wall to a man's poster wall.

in anyway if i had to take a super saloon i will take the evo over the sti
Until we have a track that's suitable for a WRC monster, there's no point. The current RX tracks are far too small. Perfectly sized for the RB4 as it is, but way too short for something with a load more power. The road tracks with a WRC car could be alright - I imagine a couple of laps round some of the long South City or Fern Bay tracks would be great fun with that power.

I fully support the idea of a WRC-spec RB4, but I think we need more off-road content to make it worth adding. Don't mention the Rally Pack!

Dirt Tyres for FXO GTR
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG