The online racing simulator
will we ever get NORDSHLEIFE?
(132 posts, started )
Quote from Vain :You're completely illepall .

Vain

The track may be good for hotlapping or just driving. LFS is mainly online sim. It is too difficult and narrow for online racing in LFS. The track could possibly be popular among the most serious lfs racers and long endurance races. Something not for majority of LFS-ers. It would also be expensive to license and model. Well, I'm not against if those of you who really want it come up with a little fund-rase and fund it yourself

Hmm, am I really completely, you mean totally illepall ?
Daamn
#27 - wE1l
Quote from afastest :The track could possibly be popular among the most serious lfs racers and long endurance races. Something not for majority of LFS-ers.

Majority? Do u even know how many LFSers are there?
this track is 23 km long....to long for me :sleep2:
hes got a point though ... 1 lap public races that get restarted all the time without anyone ever passing the finish line wont be very popular
#30 - wE1l
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :this track is 23 km long....to long for me :sleep2:

used to drive it in F1C, nearly impossible to remember the whole track, some corners are just so like each other, never completed a timed lap.
Quote from wE1l :Majority? Do u even know how many LFSers are there?

I believe around 25,000 licensed players?
I don't know what track is the closest to the North Circuit in terms of narrowness and difficulty? But there you can see track usage.
http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=s ... s&whichTab=trackusage

This will give an idea what majority prefers.
Do I want it , hell yes! Will we ever see it, officially, probably not, but we can hope. After S3 is opened up for third party modifications, we'll definantly see it.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :this track is 23 km long....to long for me :sleep2:

but drving it is such a rush, it takes many many laps to even half remember what corner is next, and even then will take thousands of laps to get your line right. think of the competition there would be to get fastest laps!
we got an official BMW Sauber F1!!!! I can expect anything in LFS for impossible it could be
Those who don't enjoy the thought having the 'ring in LFS, have you ever tested it in GPL?

<3
Quote from frokki :Those who don't enjoy the thought having the 'ring in LFS, have you ever tested it in GPL?

<3

It's a nightmare.
Oh come on cut the Dev's some slack. Polyphony Digital had over 100 people there taking down data to get the track right. We have 3 devs. There is no reason why you should want them to walk around the entire track taking notes.

LFS is LFS.

Amazing is Amazing

Anybody make sense of this post?
Hehe persuade the BMW Sauber F1 team to cover the license costs for it, maybe they'd even get it down if they knew the right ppl..

Hotlap ranks would be interesting though
jack it from sony, microsoft, and konami. hahaha. everyone has it!
Quote from xapexcivicx :Oh come on cut the Dev's some slack. Polyphony Digital had over 100 people there taking down data to get the track right. We have 3 devs. There is no reason why you should want them to walk around the entire track taking notes.

LFS is LFS.

Amazing is Amazing

Anybody make sense of this post?

I actually do . Just think about how much time, effort and money would cost putting the 'ring into the game, and how many other popular, real and not-real tracks the devs (especially Eric) could make with same time/effort/money.

After S3, that's a different story. If it ever will appear in LFS, I'm sure I will have to try hotlap it at least for some time
Well, maybe in S3 as 3rd party modification...

On the other hand, if someone had asked a week ago than will we ever get BMW-Sauber F1 in S2, I would have laughed.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Hotlap ranks would be interesting though

if we should ever get the ring ill commit myself to become the lifetime uf1 ring wr holder
well, firstly, about the polyphony people, yea, they have 100+ people working on the tracks, cars, etc. lfs has 3...and managed to kick gt's ass too

now, onto the ring. i think there are some good thing and bad things about having it in lfs.
most people know the good parts, so ill point out the bad
although it will be fun, the length will get tiresome wuick. you wont have 600hp porsche's roaring past you, there wont be the thrill of the armco right next to you. the servers will never complete a lap unless it orginised events, cause the race will always be restarted.

im all for it, in some ways, but one fo the reasons i love lfs, is the uniqueness. the fictional tracks that we all love. you cant compare anything to anything else in rl. i really like that. adding real tracks will make it all the more complicated i think.
maybe add a new track, and maybe a few new configs, and for tracks, i thnik thatll do.
#44 - JJ72
I think the ring deserves to be featured on a sim with proper physics engine.

Instead of LFS deserves the Ring.
i'm hoping for teh ring but i don't think we'll get it, it's way to much work for one man to do that track but who knows
Quote from frokki :Those who don't enjoy the thought having the 'ring in LFS, have you ever tested it in GPL?

<3

YES!
Quote from afastest :I believe around 25,000 licensed players?
I don't know what track is the closest to the North Circuit in terms of narrowness and difficulty? But there you can see track usage.
http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=s ... s&whichTab=trackusage

This will give an idea what majority prefers.

sorry, but with the actual tires, of course that people are not going to play much on longer tracks . With the improved physics, I bet long tracks will become more popular, especially with the fast cars we have (and going to have :P )

And if we can have the ring, I do not want the one of GPL converted for LFS, it not very accurate ...
BTW, the rain has to be implemented in LFS first
Question:

Nurburgring is the new race track they use for the F1 championship.

Nordschleife is the old legendary track.

Is that right? If so, is it wrong to speak of nordschleife as nurburgring? Cause I've allways done that
i think that any track additions to lfs from the devs would be welcome be it real or not real, maybe when the devs design more fictional tracks they coud possibly put some of the most famous corners from real tracks and piece them together in an fictional track. eau rouge, the cork screw etc.....
no its more like aston cadet or aston national different parts of a huge track.
the nordschleife is not used for formula 1 these days anymore, they reworked parts of the course and added a new grand prix course in the late 80s.
but there´s public driving at the nordschleife on certain days and it is used for testdriving and the world famous 24h race which is amazing because of the different cars that are taking part. from eco-fuel new beetles to 800+hp porsche and viper all are racing this incredible "green hell" as it is called with radical weather changes among the track.
look it up further if you are a race addict, dig for some onboard videos otherwise you won´t belive.
best one to drive it in a sim on pc would be the reworked gpl track for gt legends. there you also got a fun to drive, yet sometimes to easy to be true, cars of the right era the 60s to mid 70s.

go check it

peace mo

<edit> i forgot: yes i like to race the nordschleife in lfs - i want it to get real...

will we ever get NORDSHLEIFE?
(132 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG