The online racing simulator
Helmet view
(13 posts, started )
#1 - aoun
Helmet view
Now i know this has been suggested heaps... and even i have posted in them threads, so dont take it out on me telling me to search. I think ME saything this could prob "remind" the devs that people want the view.. or not .. lol

But im talking HELMET VIEW, not 2 strips at the top and bottom view. Put on a helmet, draw wat you see..exactly.. then youll have a realistic view ..
You can kind of do this, using a custom view, but unfortunately it doesnt move with the head animation
in a helmet, i hardly see any of the lid...though i spose thats a sign of a good helmet.
This biggest difference would be the effect of the visor, minor scratches, glint from the sun (not lense flare!), and that ever present misting just before the start that no matter what you do the anticipation of what is ahead steams it up.

The most notable thing about wearing a helmet is the feeling of it being there, and not what you actually see. If anything I notice my balaclava more often than my crash helmet.
you could just wear a lid indoors i suppose.
#6 - Jakg
Quote from v4forlife :in a helmet, i hardly see any of the lid...though i spose thats a sign of a good helmet.

ditto, although seeing the rain collect on your visor or stuff like thatr would be cool for S3!
Quote from Theafro :you could just wear a lid indoors i suppose.

Tried that, but without airflow it's quite stuffy. Sparco racing boots are a must though, especially with cold ECCI pedals.
Here's a "view trough the helmet" camera mode for you:

#9 - Panda

my in car veiw, thats the veiw i use, although i forget the exact settings.
what about putting a real helmet on your head and play ? simple and most realistic
Quote from qstomeq :what about putting a real helmet on your head and play ? simple and most realistic

I've just thinked the same thing!
#12 - aoun
Yea for an enduro once was at my mates, hes got the cockpit seat and everything!!.. i got into my racing suit, gloves everything.. felt soo realistic in looks and all..but i normally play at home.. with a computer chair :P.
I think the best thing to do would be setting up a bigass fan on your desk turn the volume way up and get your helmet on for the best results..but of course you need to get the racing cockpit for you comp too

Helmet view
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG