The online racing simulator
Laptop equivalent of desktop GPU
(8 posts, started )
Hi,

Well I'm soon to buy a new computer but since it will be a laptop I has a OEM integrated GPU. The shops where I buy it can install an aftermarket GPU without voiding the warranty so I'm looking to get one. The laptop wont see anything else than LFS and my 7600GT works great with LFS at 1024x768 with everything to the top. I would like to know, what GFX from either Nvidia or ATi will give me similar preformances on a laptop?

Thanks in advance!

Also, I wanted to get the ubber 9800M GTX but at 500$ it's too expensive for me.
Well look, the laptop I'm getting is something like 900 bucks I dont want to pay half of this for a GPU eh. And yes I did see it before, just too much $$$ for me.
Then all I can say is look at the following list and buy whatever you can afford. The mobility video cards are numbered similar to desktop cards, but obviously they don't offer as much performance, so just get an geforce 9600 or 9800, or Radeon 3870.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/C ... -Graphic-Cards.130.0.html
Or instead of the equivalent of a 7600GT... What are the mid-class GPUs available for laptops? I would like something under 200$ preferably.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Then all I can say is look at the following list and buy whatever you can afford. The mobility video cards are numbered similar to desktop cards, but obviously they don't offer as much performance, so just get an geforce 9600 or 9800, or Radeon 3870.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/C ... -Graphic-Cards.130.0.html

I saw this exact same website the other day. But is it like IMPOSSIBLE to get a laptop GPU from the Net or what? I can't find a place with prices...
#7 - Jakg
Laptop GPU's aren't sold to end users - they are usually soldered onto the mobo for a start, and even then the ones your looking to get will only work in certain laptops.

I would check what this shop can actually do compared to what they say they can do - You *could* install a new GPU in a laptop (i.e. a laptop that can come with either a 3470 or a 3650 could probably have them used interchangably), but it really depends on the hardware and laptop were talking about. My HP nx7400 would never fit a new GFX card (becuase the Intel one is part of the mobo), where as this HP TX2 may well do.
I went with a Nvidia 9600M GS 1024Mb. I think it should handle LFS alright.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG