The online racing simulator
Buying BMW Alpina B10 ´93
(19 posts, started )
Im really thinking about buying exactly this car:
http://www.alpina-b10.nl/

What do you think about it? Its a BWM B10 with 360 Hp BWD and all it got to have some fun drivin. Its a limited edition and i could get if for about $9.000

I currently have a crapy Fiat Stilo diesel and i can´t stand this f*** car. Its a good car for driving to A -B but its like a damn womans car. I want to drive to A - B but with a big smile on my face and perhaps doing some nice drifts

So...tell my if i should buy it... or just give me some potential and nice counterexamples!

Cheeeeers!
#2 - MR_B
If you can afford the fuel then just go for it. Life really is too short to say no to opportunities. If you can do it, then do it.

If it's what you really want then no one should persuade you otherwise.

Enjoy your new BMW B10, remember to post some sound & video clips (high quality ones of course!)
#3 - JJ72
wow, go for it, best looking era for BMW imo, just the interior wood is a bit tacky.

a counterexample would be a geniue M5, instead of a alpina version (which is always softer and more comfort orientated than the M5). dunno how much a M5 cost though.
#4 - Sm0k3
That's one of the best looking BMW's out there! Surely better than your Fiat.

Just one problem, its automatic
Yeah...was thinking the same..i don´t really like automatik...But its still a really nice car, nearly 12931239 times better than an manual fiat!!

Just trying to get the a better price...will tell you if i have sucsess!!

How much do you guys think will this car cunsume? 12l avg?

cheeeers!
Quote from Sm0k3 :That's one of the best looking BMW's out there! Surely better than your Fiat.

Just one problem, its automatic

Im thinking the same. Im planning to buy e34 in future too .
Just dont got moneys to buy it with big engine/alpina like this ..
If you think that you afford to keep this, then go ahead.
I would say that you dont need to regret anything.
Quote from cpachmann :How much do you guys think will this car cunsume? 12l avg?

probably more like north of 15l
I have the next one down. The 3 series based convertble Alpina. 2.5litre straight six, rear wheel drive, limited slip diff out off the M3, 89-90 manual, lowered and stiffened.

My advice. Try getting a cheaper model first. Although generally any Beemer is a good Beemer is has to be in bloody good nick to pay $9000 for it. I paid £1250 for mine, with a new soft top roof for it. I have seen normal 5-series, of that age, for under a grand with reasonable miles on the clock. For your money there you should be getting a pretty low mileage, mint condition motor.

But they really are lovely cars. And now with the accendancy of Audi as being the Chav mobile of choice, Beemers are now cool to drive again. So say's Jeramy Clarkson. And he is god.

Edit -And fuel consumption is all about how you drive it. A manual will be easier on the wallet, you have more control over the engine. But even with an auto, if your light on the right foot, you'll be light on the fuel. And beleive me, you can tell the difference between a hard drive and a gentle one. Especially with these size engines.
Thanks for your advice!

Im not sooo shure now to get it or not...the car is in a really good shape and i could pay 5000€ for it. But i still would need to get the car (it is in holland - but i could combine it with a nice trip to amsterdam .... ;-) ) and than to register it and what so ever...so pretty much a big effort first.

And than the fact that it is an automatic....

Still thinking a lot...will defenitly tell you if i get to a decission!
hehe forget it! i bought it

i guy in my street has the same BMW! realy like it!

if i where u, i wouldnt buy is here in the netherlands! its much, much more expencive then when you would buy it in UK, germany, belgium... i think it could save you 10 to 20%! no kidding..

because of the stupid tax regulations here..

good luck
Quote from henrico-20- :hehe forget it! i bought it

i guy in my street has the same BMW! realy like it!

if i where u, i wouldnt buy is here in the netherlands! its much, much more expencive then when you would buy it in UK, germany, belgium... i think it could save you 10 to 20%! no kidding..

because of the stupid tax regulations here..

good luck

Denmark is much worse, as we pay 180% of the cars value in tax.

The new Focus RS for example (because I can remember its price in GBP) is 25k GBP, it costs 572.000 DKK in Denmark, which if you exchange that gives the car a price of 72.119,32 GBP.

Screw Denmark ..
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???? And i thought Austria was expensive with its taxes!! 180%??!! Are there even driving cars there?? If i had to pay all that i would buy me a horse or import a kangaroo !

The thing is the car is in a very good shape and i didn´t find another one not in Germany nor else where, perhaps because there where only 49 built...?!
ALPINAs are great, my father has the E39 B10 V8 version which we absolutely love, it's a brilliant car for wafting along motorways, pootling through town or even hammering around the Ring if that takes your fancy.

One thing to point out, the E34 4.0 V8 is not 360bhp, that was the legendary Bi-Turbo model. The 4.0 one you're looking at is 315 bhp which is still a heck of a lot.

Chances are if you'd bought it you'd never see another one driving about the roads, and not many cars for that price can you say that about. Compared to your Fiat I imagine it will feel simply amazing.

I say just go an take it for a good long test drive, keep an eye on the fuel consumption to see if you can live with it then make your mind up!

There were actually some of these built with a 6-speed manual, but if you wait for one of those to come along then you may be waiting quite a while. Like Funnybear said maybe you're better off looking at the smaller models as loads of 3-series ALPINAs were manuals.

Oh, and if you do get it register it here: www.thealpinaregister.com
denmark is realy expencive indeed..! i heard people go with trailers to germany to do the shopping there!!
Quote from henrico-20- :denmark is realy expencive indeed..! i heard people go with trailers to germany to do the shopping there!!

They do. Denmark is probably one of the most car-unfriendly countries!
yeah every time i hear some young guys from GB complaining of their superhigh insurance i think "they should try to live in denmark" because as you said denmark is probs the most car unfriendly country
I'm nursing a semi looking at the front view, but styling wise it seems a tad unbalanced as it's got all the trim on the front but nothing at the back. One of those little E46 M spoilers (the ones like the little Gurney Flaps) would help I think.
They would normally have a rear boot spoiler like on the one below but it's obviously been taken off, or ordered from the factory without. Looks much better with IMO.

Buy it, drive it then sell it for a bit more.

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG