Jenson Button
Sebastian Vettel
Robert Kubica
Sebastien Buemi
Lewis Hamilton
Jarno Trulli
Rubens Barrichello
Timo Glock
I agree with Moose about the tyres. I see some people are wailing and trying to hang the FIA for it, but it's the same for all the teams. The performance disparity will generally get smaller as teams learn to adapt to set the car up better for the least advantageous tyre.

And let's not forget, Rosberg could not have been passed more at the end if he had been in a NASCAR race - isn't that what you all wanted, 20 overtakes per lap?
Quote from The Moose :Really great to watch.
I disagree with most here, the skipping of a compound between tires makes for interesting strategy and adds hugely to the amount of overtaking. Same with some teams having KERS and some not. It's all positive from where i was sitting

If the rest of the seasons like that then i'll be delighted.

Great drive from Jenson, and Lewis did a great job from the back in a shite car.

Roll on next weekend, i cant wait!

I just think the tyres are dangerous, in a time when everything seems to be heavily focused on slowing the cars down for safety reasons, what part of forcing the drivers to use at least 1 unsafe racing tyre?
As Jenson said, The choice (Med) tyre was getting really cold and was horrible to drive with (prolly due to safety car being out beforehand), and the super soft tyre was clearly only good for about 10-12 laps of a 58(?) lap race.
Also, an evening start probably didnt help with the harder tyres getting colder, but just think how long the softer set would have lasted if it was a 1pm start there.

KERS i still think is a good idea, anything that increases the chance of overtaking is a plus in my book. Its free power (asside from the millions spent developing it) which will create chances that people can talk about, instead of the only highlights of races being controversial decisions or driver mistakes/crashes. Watching Lewis suddenly have the ability to race right up someones rear to make a pass is great, and it'll be the same when its Massa/Kimi or anyone else doing that to Lewis.
funny branson saying that we almost never knew how good this car was because of honda pulling out, remember the first time honda pulled out of their return as a constructor after postlethwait died when their car had been very fast in testing ?
Quote from Santtu941 :Omg,it's gonna be SOO boring season because I guess that other teams dont have a chance. Brawn GP is gonna take the maker's championship before spa! I sure hope that the diffuser of Brawn is disallowed.

Oh,and I still hate Lewis Hamilton. Brawn is only the 2nd worst.

Prepare for flaming! Meh, you're entitled to your own opinion, but I think you're wrong about Brawn having an easy run to the title. I hope the Ferrari's engines are disallowed for not running on furniture

Who do you support anyway? Remember that alot of teams have the diffuser. Only 7 cars have KERS remember.

Oh, and look below me - If the diffusers are disallowed now, and the teams running them excluded, Hamilton would have won!
Quote from hyntty :Awesome action. Shame about Kubica, I would have wanted to see him win. Ferrari definately is doing something wrong, Kimi's pace wasn't astonishing at any point. Good job by Hamitlon, Trulli and Glock, although they probably just went around all the spinning cars ahead. Good to see the old farts shine when juniors crash out.

BTW You know, IF when 14.4 the ruling of FIA gets changed about the diffusor thingy, and all diffusor-teams were DQ'd, Hamilton would win this race

So the appeal has already been thrown out then i guess

As for Ferrari, they had a similar start, first 2 races they had problems and iirc they didnt do to badly after that, however they did have a car that was the fastest, rather than being part of the midfield, like Mclaren & Renault. They seem the better of the 3 teams though, and they've not lost too much IMO.
Quote from PaulC2K :

KERS i still think is a good idea, anything that increases the chance of overtaking is a plus in my book. Its free power (asside from the millions spent developing it) which will create chances that people can talk about, instead of the only highlights of races being controversial decisions or driver mistakes/crashes. Watching Lewis suddenly have the ability to race right up someones rear to make a pass is great, and it'll be the same when its Massa/Kimi or anyone else doing that to Lewis.

KERS only helps cars with it vs cars without it. Once everyone has it then it will be status quo again.

Seeing Rosberg stuck behind Beumi aslso showed the new downforce rules may not have produced the racing promised. The tyres/KERS made the difference.

I would much prefer proper real racing but hey ho.
Quote from PaulC2K :I just think the tyres are dangerous, in a time when everything seems to be heavily focused on slowing the cars down for safety reasons, what part of forcing the drivers to use at least 1 unsafe racing tyre?

How were they dangerous? Didn't see any tyre failures, delaminations? Performance difference gave a lot of action, but they will adapt - most of the crashes today seemed to be caused by failure of the nut that holds the steering wheel.
Soo i got up early in the morning to watch the Race. Forgetting that the clocks had gone forward i had missed the start. Gutted about that as it seemed there was some action. Button looked solid through out that race (never thought i would say that) with the incident at the start Rubens did very well to keep up the pace. Then not much happened until the end with the fight for 2nd and 3rd, Vettel and Kubica. The crash they had were both there faults. 50/50 as Brundle said, but Rubens must of been so happy when he passed them. When i heard that Hamilton was going to finish 3rd i was raging but how did Trulli get past him? I don't know what happened. Did Hamilton pass Trulli under yellow flag then had to give the spot back?

Anyway am happy for Button, he deserves a break and has been very loyal to the team. Well done Ross Brawn as well
Quote from Storm_Cloud :How were they dangerous? Didn't see any tyre failures, delaminations? Performance difference gave a lot of action, but they will adapt - most of the crashes today seemed to be caused by failure of the nut that holds the steering wheel.

IMO they're dangerous if both tyres are being critisised by the people who have to use them. If its the opinion of the drivers, then its usually a decent indication.

When you force the pack to have completely differing speed, braking points, grip levels etc throughout the race then your asking for trouble.
Its a gimick to supposedly make it more interesting for the viewer so it looks like theres something happening, and as i suggested earlier, they could do that by making the drivers jump out of the car, down 2 pints, and go back out racing again, they could have some crazy fun with that too. Its not Run the Gauntlet or Its a Knockout, its racing, whats wrong with letting people race without this need of making them do something they wouldnt dream of doing unless they were forced. Its not for safety reasons, its a silly gimmick to fake action.
Quote from Lotesdelere :Hm, I can't see that on this replay of the start:
http://www.zshare.net/download/5786080567c475b9/

I haven't got a video, but you can definitely see that Rubens' car gets pushed forward by the car directly behind him. This is from the on-board view.

EDIT: You can also see it clearly from this video.

Quote from PaulC2K :IMO they're dangerous if both tyres are being critisised by the people who have to use them. If its the opinion of the drivers, then its usually a decent indication.

When you force the pack to have completely differing speed, braking points, grip levels etc throughout the race then your asking for trouble.
Its a gimick to supposedly make it more interesting for the viewer so it looks like theres something happening, and as i suggested earlier, they could do that by making the drivers jump out of the car, down 2 pints, and go back out racing again, they could have some crazy fun with that too. Its not Run the Gauntlet or Its a Knockout, its racing, whats wrong with letting people race without this need of making them do something they wouldnt dream of doing unless they were forced. Its not for safety reasons, its a silly gimmick to fake action.

I think the main problem was that the track was cold today. Just 24C. I think we shouldn't jump to any conclusions until Malaysia where the tyres will be at a more sensible temperature.
-
(Mp3 Astra) DELETED by Mp3 Astra
Quote from Intrepid :KERS only helps cars with it vs cars without it. Once everyone has it then it will be status quo again.

Seeing Rosberg stuck behind Beumi aslso showed the new downforce rules may not have produced the racing promised. The tyres/KERS made the difference.

I would much prefer proper real racing but hey ho.

rosberg did some other nice passes tho
like on raikonen

but those probably had to do more with the tyres
williams just had tyre strategy all wrong imo

they wont in next race !
He was pushed, but watching again, unless he came to a standstill he was always going to collide with Webber - 3 into 1 couldn't go. Heidfeld comes across to the left at the end of the pit line, leaving Webber and Barichello nowhere to go - and just before then Kovalainen hits Rubens just to make things worse...
Attached images
f1-09-r1-t1.jpg
The race will come as a delayed version with more dramatic comms in about 14 minutes on tv. I better watch it again
OMG !!!!

Trulli overtook Hamitlon under sc. He had slipped to the grass and regained his position. Thus his 3rd in in jeopardy.
Quote from hyntty :OMG !!!!

Trulli overtook Hamitlon under sc. He had slipped to the grass and regained his position. Thus his 3rd in in jeopardy.

Yes

Quote from Mp3 Astra :Trulli went off under SC and Hamilton had to pass him, according to Whitmarsh. Then Trulli re-passed. Stewards are investigating.

Quote from samjh :Brawn sounds like a pretty safe bet. But McLaren showed good pace at Jerez yesterday with Kovi at the wheel, as did Williams with Kazuki.

Last year I said "throw out the form book". I think I might say it again this year.

Throw out the form book.

Awesome race, although I'm bummed out by Rosberg's badly-timed pitstop, and Vettel and Kubica knocking each other off (I lol'ed at Vettel driving with his wheel hanging off).

Seb Buemi was most impressive for me. I thought he'd be a mediocre driver, but he really shined today.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Yes

I'm further away from Australia than you so I get news delayed you pl0x!
Quote from hyntty :I'm further away from Australia than you so I get news delayed you pl0x!

Uh... You're GMT + 2, I'm GMT +1. Australia is GMT+10 or 11 or 12 so...
the most epic race in ages. happy to see unusual faces on the podium.

and damn.... i laughed so hard at vettel vs kubica.... i was ROFL when they crashed on the next corner on the same wall.... its a shame that vettel had to stop with 1 lap to go.... imagine this, he could have become the YOUNGEST and FIRST driver to finish in the points with 3 wheels !
Vettel would have been given the mechanical flag ? Apparently Hamilton has got third as well
Two drivers surprised me the most, Kubica and Vettel. How they managed to screw up with 3 laps remaining was epic.
Wow, it was great. Kubica crash was sad for me, but I'm glad that Brawn is not SO untouchable - they're in range of other fast teams. Vettel was incredibly fast in quali and in race, and he don't have diffusour of advantage!

Kubica had better tyre strategy and in the last 3 laps Vettel wasn't his target, that's why he didn't wait any bit to overtake him with better grip.

Oh and I can only imagine how Ferrari team is raging at Hamiltons 5 points!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG