Sergio Garcia
Phil Mickelson
Ernie Els
Angel Miguel Jimenez
Rory McIlroy
Trevor Immelman
Ian Poulter
The Masters 2009 at Augusta National
As it says in the title this is the Masters Weekend at Augusta National. As i am quite a big fan of golf i am excited about this. One of the best times in the year. I also play golf but lets not go into that (am not that good). Anyway this year should be exciting as it has been for previous years and its not always the top player that will win the famous Green Jacket. Last year you had Trevor Immelman (from South Africa) wining the Green Jacket. Not the person you would expect to win. You would be expecting the one and only Tiger Woods. Going for his 15th major win. He has once again a great chance in wining. I am going for the Irish one, Padraig Harrington who has won a Major before and i think he can win another one

So basically am wondering if anyone is following the golf this weekend and if you are what is your thoughts?
What guy is the Scottish one?
i didn't put one up there but think the only Scottish guy in it is Sandy Lyle.
Obviously he WILL win. Still, you seem to know what you're on about so I chose your guy.
Quote from 1993weeman :i didn't put one up there but think the only Scottish guy in it is Sandy Lyle.

*crys quietly at the thought of him being the only Scot in the field*

Anyway back to the question in hand. Tiger can not be dicounted, his skill is on a different level. However Justin Rose is always my pick, a £5 on him at 66/1 nets me £345 if he puts his arm through the Green Jacket, but the only way that will happen is if he buys one
-
(piggy501) DELETED by piggy501
Is Paul Casey playing? He has been on excellent form lately.
I'd like to see Vijay win it, after him it'd be Elsy and Tiger.
Quote from DaveWS :Is Paul Casey playing? He has been on excellent form lately.

Yes, he is.

I really can't wait for this to start tonight. It will be interesting to see how Rory will cope with the huge galleries and pressure. Obviously I hope that an Irish lad will win, Harrington is my pick for this Masters. He is sneakingly coming to form as of late and could have a big drive up the pack come Sunday. You can't count out Tiger though, having come off a win 2 weeks ago he is already baxk to his best

would be great to see McIlroy win
Well so far this has been quite good. My pick so far is -3 which is quite good but the leader is Chad Campbell who is now -8, which is pretty amazing. He looks quite good but you can never know if he is going to keep it up for the 4 days. Tiger Woods is Even with about 10 or 11 holes been played. He never plays well in the first 2 rounds.
Yes, Campbell is pretty good, but I doubt the scores of the first round will mean much come saturday and sunday. They showed the scores of Woods in the first round of the last few Masters and I don't think he's ever been under par after the first day (71 or lower). Yet, his results in the last three years have been 2nd, 2nd and 3rd.

That said, it's true that the scores are much lower in this year's first round. I don't really know why that is, but there are more or less 40 players under even this year, while last year and the year before only had something like 15 each. Maybe the last few years had wind or something in the first round. I guess we'll see tomorrow and in the weekend rounds if the players will keep their scores so low!
Wow people watch golf on this forum? i thought i was the only one.
I cant say anyone's really stood out for me just yet.
Quote from boosterfire :Yes, Campbell is pretty good, but I doubt the scores of the first round will mean much come saturday and sunday. They showed the scores of Woods in the first round of the last few Masters and I don't think he's ever been under par after the first day (71 or lower). Yet, his results in the last three years have been 2nd, 2nd and 3rd.

That said, it's true that the scores are much lower in this year's first round. I don't really know why that is, but there are more or less 40 players under even this year, while last year and the year before only had something like 15 each. Maybe the last few years had wind or something in the first round. I guess we'll see tomorrow and in the weekend rounds if the players will keep their scores so low!

Yeah, the scores have been extremely low this year. Even tiger got under par in the first round. Only time he has done that in the last 7 years or something. I think there getting low scores because where the pins are getting placed. Some of the golfers have said that the pins were quite easy in this first round to last year. But they expect them to get really harder. Chad Campbell could of got the course record if he never bogey the last two holes. What an idiot. But he looks comfortable and seems to be hitting the ball well
Well about that one and only Scottish guy in the Masters. I can happily say that he is T9. Which is very good, and is -3 for tournament and today. What a legend.

There is some big names just now in th projected cut. Justin Rose, Ernie Els, Boo Weekley, Still a long way to go though
Well it finished last night with it gong to a three way playoff between, Kenny Perry, Angel Caberra, and Chad Campbell who have all played brilliant throughout the week.

Chad Campbell gets knocked out in the first hole of playoff leaving the last two to fight it out.

In the 2nd hole of the playoff Kenny Perry makes a mistake and Angel Caberra takes advantage of it. He wins the Masters and wins his 2nd Major. Great weekend

Tiger Woods and Mickelson gave a nice running at the end but were just to far away.
Brilliant Event, and yet more great coverage from the Beeb.

LOL @ the Americans who go "GET IN THE HOLE!!!!" whenever an American hits the ball, and even when Phil Mickelson was hitting a shot from ~200 yards away

But hey, thats the Yanks for you

The Masters 2009 at Augusta National
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG