The online racing simulator
Problem with CPU
(9 posts, started )
Problem with CPU
Okay, ihave this problem with my CPU,when i turn my pc on, it is like 80 degrees,so it´s overheating,and the screen goes black.
I cant even make it to the bios menu,so what can i do?
I want to go to BIOS menu to turn the CPU to lower clocking.
Please help,cant use my pc anymore
The CPU is AMD Athlon 1800+
Revert to factory default settings (incl. CPU clock) using CMOS reset jumper on your motherboard (power off before doing that). Check and fix your cooling anyway.
Quote from TV[cz] :Revert to factory default settings (incl. CPU clock) using CMOS reset jumper on your motherboard (power off before doing that). Check and fix your cooling anyway.

how do i do that?
On your motherboard, somewhere there will be a set of jumpers marked CMOS.

There will be 3 pins, with a sleeve connecting 2 of the pins together, usually pins 1 and 2.

Something like this.

To reset the CMOS, remove the sleeve, and re fit it so it is on the middle pin and the other end pin, ie pin 2 and pin 3.

Then switch the PC on and then off, unplug it and put the jumper back to where it was, on pin 1 and 2.

Boot the PC

Or there's another way...

Take the CMOS battery out, leave it out for about 10 minutes, then put the battery back in again, then boot.
wheres the cmos battery?,that seems a easyer way,is it the round thing behind the yellow thing on the pic?.
(sry,dont know much of computers)
Yep, is a thin flat round battery, like a car keyfob would have in.

-
(bmwe30m3) DELETED by bmwe30m3 : no need for it
Ty,im on my pc now,but something still worries me speedfan says that VCORE is 1,76 V,a friend told me that it's dangerous if it's over 1,5 V,i couldnt change it in BIOS cause it's just grey,so can i do anything?
Cause my CPU on idle is about 60C
If the options are greyed out in the bios options then it means that it is set at default and and cannot be changed. This is to stop it being overclocked by anybody.

As for the voltage, 1,76v is fine, as i have known people to power the 1800+ up to over 2 volts in the past to get it running faster.

An idle temp of 60 is a little high, so the only idea i can think of is to open your pc case up and clean all the dust and stuff out of there, clean all the fans up and make sure that the airflow inside the case is as good as it can be.

Unscrewing the cpu fan and clearing out between the fins on the processor isnt a bad idea either as dust builds up between the fan and the cpu.

I hoovered mine out and got an idle temp that was about 4 degrees cooler than before.

Problem with CPU
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG