The online racing simulator
To keep this thread on topic about Sam and his first car? It's not like I've deleted the discussion.
No I mean now it'll no doubt carry on. :hide:
Not in this thread it won't. Lord Bob says so

You know that what you're gonna do is get a 206, a massive exhaust and kit that scrapes the ground, just get it over with
Quote from S14 DRIFT :No I mean now it'll no doubt carry on. :hide:

What's the problem with that? You've been coming back to fill three pages of discussion already.
I was thinking that, if you didn't want it to carry on then just stop posting, seems simple.

Anyhow, what kind of car are we getting now? I'm getting massive notions to get a new car, perhaps something smaller or similar size with a bit more grunt, but I think I might just wait till I can get a GTTDI.....
Quote from ajp71 :What's the problem with that? You've been coming back to fill three pages of discussion already.

I don't have a problem with that....
So guys, what 1.0 cars do you think will be best? *excluding a Mini.

Just want a nippy car for a 1.0, goodish handling and cheap to insure. A 1.0 with Adrian Flux is about £1,300 TPFT
Cinquecento Sporting? That is, if you fancy looking like a pillock in a box.
Quote from sam93 :So guys, what 1.0 cars do you think will be best? *excluding a Mini.

Just want a nippy car for a 1.0, goodish handling and cheap to insure. A 1.0 with Adrian Flux is about £1,300 TPFT

As 1.0Ls go, I found the Yaris to be about the quickest. ~70BHP, and dirt cheap to insure (less than €600 for me ). They're fairly quick, and handle well. Don't expect it to be a rocket though, it is still a 1.0L. And they can be expensive if you want a fairly good one...You should definitely wait until you're 18 though, it'll halve your premium

BTW, the 1.0L Minis are pants in my opinion. Having driven both, it needs the 1.3, otherwise it just feels too sluggish Even at the 1.3, it still puts out less BHP than the 1.0 Yaris
Whats your approx budget for the purchase of the car Sam?
hmm, I thinking if I should stay with a bike until I'm 18 or 19. If I buy a 2000 SV650 that you can pick up for about £1,300 then it's £350 for the test and insurance will only be £400. So it wont even cost over £2,000.

I don't know what to do lol.

Quote from SparkyDave :Whats your approx budget for the purchase of the car Sam?

Well, my RS is worth about £1,000. So I will have a grand at least.
hmm... Was thinking today about whether a bike would be a good choice or a car would be a good choice. (The thinking part hurt lol /joke)

I can get a car or bike on a £2,000 budget.

Bike:
SV650S 2000, approx. £1,300
Insurance £400 TPFT
A2 test about £350
Total: £2,050

Car:
Corsa B 1 litre approx. £600
Insurance about £1,000 after doing my Pass Plus.
Lessons+test (Intense driving course) £350 with one company in plymouth.
Pass Plus say about £150
Total: £2,100

My problem now is, I don't know which one to go for lol.
Ones faster, but you can't take your friends anywhere - it sounds stupid but you'd be suprised by how often you end up taking your friends places when you've got your own mode of transport, and they... don't.
Which is exactly why you should buy a bike.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Which is exactly why you should buy a bike.

Oddly I actually enjoy taking my friends out - plus it's not exactly fun to go somewhere and have to take a helmet round with you.

I'm more of a car person anyway though :P
You get wet too (In more ways than one if your thinking like that!)
Quote from Jakg :Oddly I actually enjoy taking my friends out - plus it's not exactly fun to go somewhere and have to take a helmet round with you.

I'm more of a car person anyway though :P

You attach the helmet to the helmet lock mounted on the bike. Don't you guys have those over there?

I just hung mine from one of the footpegs. Then again, I don't live in urban area, thus I didn't worry much about it being stolen.
Not all bikes have them, some people just keep a bicycle cable lock and use it..
I'm going towards the SV650S route at the minute lol.

I'm going to do a few quotes on a car for a 19yr old who has just passed their test, that way I will be able to see whether or not I should get a car or bike first. If car insurance for a 19yr old who has just passed their test is cheap, I will get a bike first.
It's not gunna change much at all, im 19 and this is my first year on my own policy and the prices were still huge, especcially for a group 4 car...
BMW 318...

I pay £1600 a year and I have more fun that someone in a 1.0 Corsa...

Also, I didn't do Pass+ but if I did, I would be looking about £1400, maybe? £400 ain't a lot considering you are going from a Corsa to a BMW.
hmm, how old was you when you first insured the BMW and was it £1,600 then?

I would love a 318is for a first car lol.
17 and yea, it was £1600 then. I was with Quinn Direct, which I recommend because you can drive any car, at any age, even if you are TPFT.

Try it mate, I wouldn't try a 318is though as they will be silly to insure, as it is a sport after all
hmm, what version of the BMW 318 would you suggest? I prefer the coupes a lot more then the 5drs.
Its a 4dr not a 5dr

I much prefer the coupe myself. But when I tried for insurance, a coupe was about £500 difference, but when I tried again a couple months ago (for shits and giggles) it was the same as a saloon

Its totally up to you mate, but for about £600 you will get a nice 316/8 but chance are it will be the saloon because the coupes make more money.

You've seen it before, but just for the hell of it, here is the 318 saloon I had, which coincidentally, I paid £600 for...

This thread is closed

My first car - What's your recommendations?
(544 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG