The online racing simulator
whats your favourite "joke" in a tv series ?
(37 posts, started )
whats your favourite "joke" in a tv series ?
only reason i mentioned it is that on moday night on the BBC's one show david mcallum was being interviewed and a lot was made of his "man from uncle days".

by chance that night on FX channel's rerun of series 2 of NCIS gibbs was asked what duckie looked like when he was young and replied

" Illya Kuryakin"

a simple line but great writing
Not quite a 'TV series' but my favourite joke in anything, ever is in Monty Python's The Life Of Brian, where Brian is addressing his followers:

Brian: 'You're all individuals!'
Entire crowd: 'YES! WE *ARE* ALL INDIVIDUALS!'
Brian: 'You're all different!'
Entire crowd: 'YES! WE *ARE* ALL DIFFERENT!'
One man: 'I'm not.'
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
I think NCIS actually has a few references to some of Mark Harmon's older shows (he's the guy that plays Gibbs, right? I can't recall off the top of my head).

NCIS is one of the few shows on TV I actually like, and watch if I'm at my folks' place.
Uhm.. From that 70's show. 'How about my foot in your ass?' I still laugh at those.
#5 - mr_x
Blackadder Back and Forth:

Blackadder punches William Shakespere in the face and says "That's for every school girl and school boy for the next 400 years!!"
Quote from MAGGOT :I think NCIS actually has a few references to some of Mark Harmon's older shows (he's the guy that plays Gibbs, right? I can't recall off the top of my head).

NCIS is one of the few shows on TV I actually like, and watch if I'm at my folks' place.

i cant help thinking that they have hit a winning formula with NCIS, mark harmon (voted sexiest man in the world in 1980s) and david mcallum ( most fan mail ever recieved by a tv star whilst he was in man from uncle), talk about nailing the middle age and older female viewing figures.

helps of course that its well written and has a nice line in humour mixed in with some dark story lines.
There's about one per episode on Peep Show, but I'll have to go with Jez eating the girl's dog, in front of her.
#9 - 5haz
Not really jokes but...

Basil Fawlty raging at his poor Austin Maxi and bashing it with a tree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmQMYMcY6nI

Or Only Fools and Horses when Del falls through the bar, the look on Triggers face when he turns round and Del has dissapeared, I know everyone's seen it a hundred times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... ynext_from=PL&index=5

Or the final episode of Blackadder goes forth when Baldrick is reciting his awful war poems, Blackadder suggests he should stop now, Bladrick says "no sir honest I could go on all night", Blackadder shouts "Not with a bayonet through your neck you wouldn't!"
Well this aint really a joke but one of the best bits of my favourite shows ever.

Clicky
Quote from tinvek :i cant help thinking that they have hit a winning formula with NCIS, mark harmon (voted sexiest man in the world in 1980s) and david mcallum ( most fan mail ever recieved by a tv star whilst he was in man from uncle), talk about nailing the middle age and older female viewing figures.

helps of course that its well written and has a nice line in humour mixed in with some dark story lines.

And then there Abby for the lads...oh sweet sweet Abby.:lovies3d:
not to mention zeva who although she's not my normal type has a certain charm, just rather scary if you upset her
Quote from tinvek :not to mention zeva who although she's not my normal type has a certain charm, just rather scary if you upset her

There was also Kate (loved her last episode where she appeared in a school girl outfit in Tony's imagination) and Jenny (my weak point is ginger ladies)

Anyway, before this gets seriously side tracked into the lassies of NCIS, getting back on Topic I'll suggest anything from M*A*S*H. It may be nearly 40 years old now, but the topics covered ring true to this day, and you can see how it influenced many other shows with it's style...humour one minute followed by hard hitting truth the next, and I'll not be shy about it but many a time I suddenly had a speck of dust get trapped in my eye. Best example I could find
Eh! toilet mouth, there's a childs bike outside.

Can you ear me nou?

He's bought em, and he's dropped em!

The best line... How far away are they?? :huepfenic

Reminds me of some random mp3 i got sent a few years back, i found it again, so i attached it.

I have got all the out takes on the DVD, i will have to upload em sometime as believe it or not, some of them are even funnier than the show itself!

Plus, slightly OT, but my eagle eye spotted the green mk2 granada on bricks out the front of the club in the best bits 1 vid as well.

Attached images
mk2.JPG
Attached files
Peter Kay Mix.mp3 - 1.2 MB - 123 views
Quote from tinvek :not to mention zeva who although she's not my normal type has a certain charm, just rather scary if you upset her

Not scary at all... She was always attractive on the show, but in one of the later episodes (might have been the last one?) I'm pretty sure you see her ass dimples. So hot.

Quote from Mackie The Staggie :There was also Kate (loved her last episode where she appeared in a school girl outfit in Tony's imagination) and Jenny (my weak point is ginger ladies)

I just connected her in a school girl outfit with it being in Tony's mind; of course he'd be picturing her in a schoolgirl outfit. hahaha
Quote from 1993weeman :Well this aint really a joke but one of the best bits of my favourite shows ever.

Clicky

that episode alone is epic.
Quote from 5haz :Or Only Fools and Horses when Del falls through the bar

My favourite OFAH moment is where Rodney is listening to some classical music while Trigger is round, and Del is out of the room getting ready.

Trigger: This sounds nice Dave, what is it?
Rodney: It's Mozart's Concerto in D Major, Trig.

(Trigger listens for a few seconds)

Trigger: Ain't there no words then?
Rodney: (a little taken aback) ....er, words...? No Trig. It's kind of an instrumental.

(Del comes in)

Del: This sounds nice Rodney, what is it?
Trigger: It's Mozart's Concerto in D Major, Del.

(Del is gobsmacked at Trigger knowing this)

Trigger: Yeah, it's the karaoke version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S9S8eZbEMc
one of the best from friends. pure awsomeness, laughed myself to floor and actually had a rofl
also ive rofled maybe too much is in...
South park:the death camp of tolerance
South park: Cripple fight

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG