The online racing simulator
iPhone OS3.0 is out
(78 posts, started )
iPhone OS3.0 is out
Downloading now, it's pretty slow already....

Anyone else excited?
I'll be excited when AT&T offers a) 3G service in my area and b) a pricing plan that isn't price gouging.
no

sorry but iphone has a couple of serious issues for me, namely i like to take photos so the fact i have a camera with me in my phone is important. and even the new version of the iphone just anounced is less than half the quality of my current phone's camera. also in the UK the iphone is with O2 which is really usefull for me as they have no coverage where i live, where i work or where my girlfriend lives.
#4 - Migz
Quote from tinvek :no

sorry but iphone has a couple of serious issues for me, namely i like to take photos so the fact i have a camera with me in my phone is important. and even the new version of the iphone just anounced is less than half the quality of my current phone's camera. also in the UK the iphone is with O2 which is really usefull for me as they have no coverage where i live, where i work or where my girlfriend lives.

Well thats because the iphone isnt designed for someone who wants to be taking pictures all the time, the iphone is more like a PDA. A phone like the Sony Ericson C902 is for taking photos.

And WHOOOOO Update
Although i've got an itouch, so i think i'll probably have to pay for this update Or would i get it for free as my dad has an iphone?
Quote from Migz :Well thats because the iphone isnt designed for someone who wants to be taking pictures all the time, the iphone is more like a PDA. A phone like the Sony Ericson C902 is for taking photos.

And WHOOOOO Update
Although i've got an itouch, so i think i'll probably have to pay for this update Or would i get it for free as my dad has an iphone?

If you plug ur ipod in , open itunes, click restore, some people are getting 3.0 for free, But it didnt work for me though, but has for loads of people, but you can get it else were , Im currently updating now
Quote from Migz :Well thats because the iphone isnt designed for someone who wants to be taking pictures all the time, the iphone is more like a PDA. A phone like the Sony Ericson C902 is for taking photos.

exactly which is why im not interested plus a phone is also for making phone calls and O2 are sh~t round here for coverage and their nearest 3g coverage is 25 mins away.don't get me wrong, i'm not one of those who knock it just because they think it's cool to do so, the iphone has a lot of good features and if it was on a network that provided reception (not even bothered about 3g) i probably would have one and carry a camera as well but at the moment the iphone fails for me on its core ap, making and more importantly recieving bloody phone calls without having to be in a specific location.

did i mention O2's service is carp round here ?
i have it downloaded onto my pc but its still not jailbroken so ill lose all my stuff lol

ill wait till its JB and the update
what does the update contain?
What makes it funny, that a lot of these "new features" have been on older phones for quite some time. Yet iPhone only realeses them now......
#11 - Migz
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :i have it downloaded onto my pc but its still not jailbroken so ill lose all my stuff lol

ill wait till its JB and the update

Jailbreaks are usually hardware jailbreaks, not software jailbreaks. So if its jailbroken then that means it can still be jailbroken again and easily. Also im pretty that you can update to the new one if you already have a jailbroken iphone, i think it said so on www.ipodtouchfans.com and i remember there were people who were using the beta with a jailbroken iphone.

Quote from tinvek :exactly which is why im not interested plus a phone is also for making phone calls and O2 are sh~t round here for coverage and their nearest 3g coverage is 25 mins away.don't get me wrong, i'm not one of those who knock it just because they think it's cool to do so, the iphone has a lot of good features and if it was on a network that provided reception (not even bothered about 3g) i probably would have one and carry a camera as well but at the moment the iphone fails for me on its core ap, making and more importantly recieving bloody phone calls without having to be in a specific location.

did i mention O2's service is carp round here ?

Ahah, fair enough then, over here we dont have O2 we have someone else, so coverage and connections are all fine over here.
Quote from Migz :Jailbreaks are usually hardware jailbreaks, not software jailbreaks. So if its jailbroken then that means it can still be jailbroken again and easily. Also im pretty that you can update to the new one if you already have a jailbroken iphone, i think it said so on www.ipodtouchfans.com and i remember there were people who were using the beta with a jailbroken iphone.

Ahah, fair enough then, over here we dont have O2 we have someone else, so coverage and connections are all fine over here.

i already have the 3.0 firmware im just scared that if i update my apps wont work. i have like 60 games lol
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :i already have the 3.0 firmware im just scared that if i update my apps wont work. i have like 60 games lol

backup your ipod before you update?

not excited because many features should have been included in OS1.
like copy and paste, spotlight, and landscape keyboard.
plus i have to pay another 12 bucks for it. i already paid twice with 2.0 and 2.2
i didnt pay! woohoo! well.. all my games wont work
Everything works here - all the games and apps I had, and my snyc/backup restored everything exactly as it was, just with the 3.0 stuff too.

Everything feels a bit slicker, but that might be a placebo effect of my wanting it to be slicker. Copy/Paste is a bit fiddly - presumably that's why it wasn't included for ages - but it is useful. Not tried MMSing yet, so I don't know if that's supported. Voice memos are very useful, so I'm now less likely to forget something when I go shopping... Spotlight is pretty nice too, although helped by the fact I don't actually have a huge amount of information on my phone. Yet!

It's a step forward. I'd love a 3GS, but can't afford the upgrade costs (paying off existing contract etc), but as that doesn't give that many extra features it's probably a good thing

And it's certainly slicker and easier to use than any other mobile device yet in my opinion. Everyone I know, from people who hate mobiles to people who simply hate iPhones is able to pick it up and do everything on it without having to work out where stuff is or what menu things are in... I can't claim to have used every other mobile out there (that would be silly - there are billions of the things! ), but all the ones I have aren't as polished as the iPhone. Some are, of course, better suited to some things. I rarely take pictures on my phone, so a good camera isn't that important. And some of the business features aren't important to me.

Once TomTom is out for it, my iPhone shall be complete. Probably
Quote from tristancliffe :Everything works here - all the games and apps I had, and my snyc/backup restored everything exactly as it was, just with the 3.0 stuff too.

Everything feels a bit slicker, but that might be a placebo effect of my wanting it to be slicker. Copy/Paste is a bit fiddly - presumably that's why it wasn't included for ages - but it is useful. Not tried MMSing yet, so I don't know if that's supported. Voice memos are very useful, so I'm now less likely to forget something when I go shopping... Spotlight is pretty nice too, although helped by the fact I don't actually have a huge amount of information on my phone. Yet!

It's a step forward. I'd love a 3GS, but can't afford the upgrade costs (paying off existing contract etc), but as that doesn't give that many extra features it's probably a good thing

And it's certainly slicker and easier to use than any other mobile device yet in my opinion. Everyone I know, from people who hate mobiles to people who simply hate iPhones is able to pick it up and do everything on it without having to work out where stuff is or what menu things are in... I can't claim to have used every other mobile out there (that would be silly - there are billions of the things! ), but all the ones I have aren't as polished as the iPhone. Some are, of course, better suited to some things. I rarely take pictures on my phone, so a good camera isn't that important. And some of the business features aren't important to me.

Once TomTom is out for it, my iPhone shall be complete. Probably

is yous JB lol cause if it is ill udate mine
ive got too many useful jailbroken apps to even want to consider updating. I had a play of os3 on my brothers iphone and there was nothing really useful that either i need, or i cant already do with jailbreaked firware.
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :is yous JB lol cause if it is ill udate mine

Assuming you are asking if my phone is jailbroken then no, it isn't. I have no interest in jailbreaking my phone, risking the warranty, God knows what else all for getting some dubious apps for free...
Quote from tristancliffe :Assuming you are asking if my phone is jailbroken then no, it isn't. I have no interest in jailbreaking my phone, risking the warranty, God knows what else all for getting some dubious apps for free...

i can get any app in the appstore for free... and yes i did upgrade but the online app the works is TTR2.6 lol
Whilst I do condone some forms of piracy, I don't agree with pirating small developers - the very sort that are making stuff for the Appstore. I don't see how pirating iPhone software is any better than admitting you crack LFS or whatever.

But I have no idea what the 'sentence' "and yes i did upgrade but the online app the works is TTR2.6 lol" means. I speak English.
#23 - Migz
Quote from tristancliffe :Assuming you are asking if my phone is jailbroken then no, it isn't. I have no interest in jailbreaking my phone, risking the warranty, God knows what else all for getting some dubious apps for free...

When you jailbreak your warranty is voided, but if you ever break anything simply do a restore and if the restore itself doesnt fix it then the restore wipes all evidence of the jailbreak, so effectivly it gives you back your warranty.

Quote from PLAYAPIMP :i can get any app in the appstore for free... and yes i did upgrade but the online app the works is TTR2.6 lol

It's people like you that make Installous look like just a app to pirate programmes.
Installous isnt for just getting apps for free. It's for testing the game and then deciding wether you want to buy it. Currently the app store is flawed in the way that you cant really get a trial of any games, if you buy a game and you dont like it then your stuffed, you dont get your money back easily.
Installous sorts this by letting you test the game and then if you like it you buy the game from the appstore.
Which is what i do, i download apps for free through installous, i play them a bit, decide wether i like them enough, and if i do i buy them. If i dont like them i just delete the app.
But then there are alot of people who just download the games for free with no intention of ever legally buying it.
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :i can get any app in the appstore for free... and yes i did upgrade but the only app the works is TTR2.6 lol

and yea i have bought a couple a games like all the TTR games and Cro-Mag Rally
My ipods running 3.0, I was jailbroke but i dont really care about not having it, i can wait a few days for it to be released, I really like the new Youtube updates, and bluetooth is brilliant, Works perfect with a headset thingy i have, most of the controls on it work, Some other good features, but i wouldnt pay the money for it..

iPhone OS3.0 is out
(78 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG