The online racing simulator

Poll : What will happen?

Closed since :
FOTA will become top series taking most F1 fans.
nothing happens, FIA will back down today.
nothing happens, FOTA will back down today.
Both fail, and an existing other series will become the top series.
FIA F1 will remain top series without losing most fans.
A new series will be created that has nothing to do with FIA or FOTA and it will take the top spot.
[FIA & FOTA] What will happen now?
Out of interest, I thought I'd start this poll to check opinions about what will happen with European Open Wheel Racing now that the FOTA has announced a split.

This is not a poll about what you want to happen, but what you think will actually happen.

Keeping in mind that we've seen a similar event in the US which effectively destroyed American Open Wheel Racing to the point there won't be any big series after the 2011 Indy 500 if Indycar doesn't become profitable before that, what is going to happen here?

I think F1 will remain, simply because the FOTA is doomed to fail when Bernie starts his lawsuit war against them.
I have this feeling that things might drastically change after Mosley resigns from FIA
#3 - 5haz
If Mosely wasn't an idiot he would back down.
Quote from TagForce :

I think F1 will remain, simply because the FOTA is doomed to fail when Bernie starts his lawsuit war against them.

Bernie can only sue Ferrari as they have a contract til 2012. But Ferrari have plenty of money to pay Bernie.
IMO the FIA will just put another delay to announce the competitors of the 2010 season, to have a longer time of negociation.

Nobody has to win from a division, and everbody will try to avoid it, even if it seems that it is difficult to speak with the FOTA as they just cannot understand that if it turns out that one of the constructor is badly hit(which is actually the case) by the crisis, the shareholders will put pressure on the direction to stop immediately the F1 activity, like Honda did.

Also, it seems that the constructors don't even agree on the fact of a parrallel championship, Toyota themselves said that it would be a bad thing a few weeks ago.

The FIA and the FOTA are both obliged to find a compromise if they don't want to kill the sport, so they'll probably find it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG