The online racing simulator
F1 Discussion
(468 posts, started )
#26 - wild
Quote from JJ72 :what if he decides paved circuits are for pussies and turn every race track into rally stages?

Then I think that would be classic to watch, Formula One racing cars on Rally stages

Seriously though he has some knowledge regarding motorsport in general thus he should know a bit more about what's best for the sports (:
#27 - 5haz
Dosen't Vatanen have political experience too? That would do no harm either.

Well Mosely helped push Balestre from power, now its Mosely's turn to be pushed IMO.

Quote :"At the moment I am consulting the member clubs and am already seeing positive feedback,"

These are the people that are supposedly putting Mosely under pressure to stay on are they not?
#28 - 5haz
Double post to bump this thang, sorry.

http://www.f1technical.net/new ... edeed2d993acf4f2dd84db4a1

Quote :
Jacques Villeneuve is looking for a comeback into Formula One not that the sport is changing its rules and returning to 'pure racing'. The Canadian has been talking with teams at recent Grand Prix to inform about a possible seat next year.

Only people like Niki Lauda can pull this off...

JV is no Niki Lauda.
He has some white hair, I doupt they'll let him race. On the other hand he's been racing karts quite a bit in Montreal with some of my friends from Coupe de Montreal :P.
Quote from HVS5b :http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/h ... t/formula_one/8137698.stm

Ari Vatanen to replace Mosely?

Sounds good to me, a man with racing pedigree and just as importantly, without any incestuous relationships within the sport.

About time we had a Finn at the top, they are afterall the kings of motorsport......

It's a nice idea. The problem is that the role of FIA president is somewhat more involved that being a member of the EU Parliament.

Vatanen has the motorsport pedigree, street creds, some political experience. But he doesn't have any substantial experience in managing a large organisation of people.
Fia has Again Done something unfair and completely stupid.

All though the teams signed up unconditionaly on the 24th of June they Learned in the meeting today that the FIA hasn't even put them on the confirmed entries list for 2010, so they have no rights into what happens in next season.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/he ... detail/090708194255.shtml

I call for Moselys head
#33 - 5haz
Moving the goalposts much?

Christ, ZANU-PF would do a better job at running the show fairly than the FIA.
#37 - SamH
Here we go again...

Ding, Round two. Seconds out
#39 - 5haz
This will be followed by another desperate surrender from Mosely, he'll get FOTA back on side, then stab them in the back again.
Honestly, he should just go
Oh for ****'s sake
Just crank up the new series and they can run the thing exactly as they wish.

There's no real downside , just think you can see Williams or Force India snatch the title away from Campos or USF1 and still get to see real Formula One cars and teams racing.

Twice the fun! Not to mention Prodrive and Lola will probably get a run with real deal show as they should..
Quote from richo :Just crank up the new series and they can run the thing exactly as they wish.

There's no real downside , just think you can see Williams or Force India snatch the title away from Campos or USF1 and still get to see real Formula One cars and teams racing.

Twice the fun! Not to mention Prodrive and Lola will probably get a run with real deal show as they should..

No one will care though becuase F1 will be the lesser of the two.
I'm I the only one who can't wait for the movie to come out, it's going to be some political thriller rivalling The Manchurian Candidate.

[deep Hollywood voice]

Coming in the Summer of 2010, a political thriller with twists, turns and spins....and that's before they reach the track. From the Director of Frost/Nixion, Ron Howard turn s his attention to the greatest battle to grip the motoracing world. Using state of the art technology, Charlton Heston stars as Max Mosely in arguably his best performance since his death.
Nothing can prepare you for FIA/FOTA. It's a race to save F1

[/deep Hollywood voice]
#47 - 5haz
The very people who Mosely claims are urging him to stand again, are infact urging him to leave.

You can always count on the Aussies to be to the point, the man in the article says what everyone is thinking but is too afraid to say.
Quote from Mustafur :No one will care though becuase F1 will be the lesser of the two.

So? People will watch the stronger of the two, and that will make it stronger. The weaker version will wither and die, hopefully along with the morons that run it.

Anything without Max, Bernie and CVC has got to be better than F1 with them!
Quote from Mustafur :Thats not the point, Why they are not on the confirmed entries list is the real question.

Because the FOTA did NOT sign up unconditionally. They signed up for a season with the 2009 rules + the agreed rules from the Paris meeting in April.

until the 5 teams that signed up unconditionally with the new 2010 rules agree to the FOTA changes, FOTA hasn't officially signed up and have no say in any rulemaking decisions.
Sébastien Loeb interested in Bourdais' seat:
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/he ... detail/090711125013.shtml

In the original interview Loeb says that he's not physically ready yet for a full 70 lap F1 GP.
Olivier Quesnel, Citroën Sport's boss, says that Loeb is not going to replace Bourdais this season. The priority is still WRC. But Loeb might drive for the last GP of the season in Abu Dhabi.

On his official site Loeb confirms he has just said that he's available for a F1 seat, which doesn't mean he's going to replace Bourdais for the end of the season, in case Bourdais would be fired. He used the Red Bull simulator some days ago but the priority is WRC and he's not going to drive a F1 for the Hungary GP.

F1 Discussion
(468 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG