g25, worth it?
(12 posts, started )
g25, worth it?
is g25 worth buying. i aint a hardcore gamer and i dont play that much. but i play some times, so far my FFEX has been working like a dream for 2 years but ive kinda got bored to driving lfs with it. so i tough would g25 be worth it since it is kinda expensive even if i dont play games so much
It is.
It just is.
Quote from batteryy :is g25 worth buying. i aint a hardcore gamer and i dont play that much. but i play some times, so far my FFEX has been working like a dream for 2 years but ive kinda got bored to driving lfs with it. so i tough would g25 be worth it since it is kinda expensive even if i dont play games so much

It is most certainly a great wheel.

But, if you will not use it very often, why pay so much money for a wheel when you already have one?

Although saying that, if money is not an issue then go buy one
definately frikkin is worth it believe me!
Quote from harjun :definately frikkin is worth it believe me!

yeah, i think im bying it. this can boost up my inspiration to driving lfs, kinda bored on it atm ive tested it once on a playseat evo, and it seemed alot more fun to drive(altrough it could be thanks to the playseat too)
Mr. Google said...
Did you mean: FREX wheel ?

Aren't those like the shiznit of wheels anyway?

OT/ I love my G25, but I moved from JoyPad up to it, so it's not hard to beat no FFB, no clutch, no pedals, no shifter in comparison.
Yes it is worth it.

On the other hand, if you want to win a multiplayer race you can't use any of the features that make the g25 great (720/900 degrees, clutch, h-shifter).

I'd say it is worth it if you play pretty often, but as you said you aren't a hardcore gamer, I'd say no, it isn't worth it. I changed from FF EX to G25 myself and certainly it is a great thing to have, It does it job well, but I was playing quite a lot more back then. Considering it's price, I wouldn't buy it right now certainly, as I will just waste a lot of money on a great piece of hardware, which I will seldomly use on weekends.

In your situation I'd rather buy something like DF GT wheel, which is cheaper, and does most of the features of G25 pretty well. It doesn't have a shifter (which is quite crap feel-wise on a G25) or a clutch pedal (which you can easily have from your FF EX pedals, not the most estetic soloution, but worked for me well).

So, in conclusion: If you have a lot of spare money, why not? If your budget isn't big, buy a lower class wheel.

Just my 2c,

Art.
It's worth it in my opinion. I've pretty much stopped racing altogether but I don't regret buying it one bit.

However I'd go either all or nothing. I don't see the point in buying a different lower priced wheel if your FFEX isn't breaking apart anyway. You'll just end up with a half baked jury rigged solution that cost quite a bit of money too, without reaching anywhere near the quality of the G25.
Quote from JasonJ :Mr. Google said...
Did you mean: FREX wheel ?

Aren't those like the shiznit of wheels anyway?

OT/ I love my G25, but I moved from JoyPad up to it, so it's not hard to beat no FFB, no clutch, no pedals, no shifter in comparison.

yea right, like id have the money to buy a 2000e or + worth wheel
but now when ive had a longer tought on it, im not buying it. im really almoust stopped playing racing games and i could get fair amount of other nice stuff with the 200e so

g25, worth it?
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG