The online racing simulator
Cruise mod
(13 posts, started )
Cruise mod
Enybody know how to modify the cruise mod to save users information (Money,cars,goods) under IP address. I dont know how to modify the C++ Language only PHP... so anybody can help me?
It's not C++, it's C#(unless you have something else, but I doubt it). And it does save the information already.
Getting the IP of a player is not possible(at least not yet).
broken, the IP is available in the dedi file's log. Although you have to write specific code to scan the file and extract the IP's
Quote from JasonJ :broken, the IP is available in the dedi file's log. Although you have to write specific code to scan the file and extract the IP's

Which will be a pain in the *** to code, and I still wouldn't have much faith in it.
And look at the OPs explanation, I'd say it really is impossible for him(at least for now ).
ok thx... moderators delete this thread
I am completely confused as to why you would want the cruise mod to work using IP addresses (unless you're wanting to code one for a LAN server?)
Quote from Krammeh :I am completely confused as to why you would want the cruise mod to work using IP addresses (unless you're wanting to code one for a LAN server?)

Most people(including me) want it for demo servers, so they can ban people with many accounts. Or at least slow them down, if they are with dynamic IPs.
errr yes maybe so, but the opener wants it as a reference to "save users information (Money,cars,goods)" So I don't think he is considering banning by IP's

I was just as perplexed as Krammeh, but wanted to see how it panned out for a laugh.
#9 - PoVo
Makes sense right? "Haxors" can change usernames, and use any cruise account, so if he makes it by IP's all the "haxor" ppl wont be able to steal cruise accounts?
Quote from PoVo :"Haxors" can change usernames, and use any cruise account

Only on LAN and cracked servers.
Quote from PoVo :Makes sense right? "Haxors" can change usernames, and use any cruise account, so if he makes it by IP's all the "haxor" ppl wont be able to steal cruise accounts?

No it makes no sense because many people have dynamic IP's and would be able to re-verify themselves the next day they login because their IP would be different.

Also anyone caught stealing an account and subsequently getting banned by IP, can easily get a faked IP, or even reset their router in some cases and get a new IP.

The whole thing is weird.
I know where you are coming from, and I believe i've requested it somewhere.
But that isn't what the OP is asking for, he clearly stated he wanted it to store the accounts via the IP address.
Quote from Krammeh :I know where you are coming from, and I believe i've requested it somewhere.
But that isn't what the OP is asking for, he clearly stated he wanted it to store the accounts via the IP address.

Oh, re-reading his post.... It does really make sense.. Well the Bulgarian flag always affects my judgment so I will just now.

Cruise mod
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG