The online racing simulator
-OsR- Old skool Racing
(115 posts, started )
-OsR- Old skool Racing
This is still a testing server. Anyway, the insim has been tested a lot and so far there are no bugs, but time will show.

Server name: -OsR- Old skool Racing

To explain you about the server: It's a 1 car race server. In case you don't get what this means I'm going to explain. Every race there is one car available, the winner of every race picks the next car. This happens with the box that appears when the winner types !racesettings or !rs.

Intake restriction and added mass are available to be set too. If you want to let the users use any combination of intake restriction and/or added mass then click the "X" button on the right side of the option.

To change the amount of intake restriction, added mass or the next race car then click on the button "Change" on the left side of each option.

Intake restriction bounds: 0% - 50%. Added mass bounds depend on the car you are using but in most cases the max mass you can add to a car is 200kg. To start the race click Save & Close. While the 60 seconds timer is advancing the race winner still has the chance to do !rs and change the settings. Each time you press Save & Close the timer will revert back to 60 seconds and start counting down again. And every time you press Set Later the timer will stop counting down and the race will not be started, which also allows you to cancel the current timer.

Remember: Every time you leave the pits the Race Settings box will update with the info from your car. If you have already set everything up then don't type !rs or don't leave the pits.

To everyone: Please if you are the race winners and you are disconnecting from the server, write !rs and click Save & Close before you disconnect. Thank you.

Planned features to be added to insim:
3 wins in a row to let the player change the amount of laps for the next races;
Scoreboard.

Suggestions are more than welcome in our forums -> http://www.osr.lmutafov.com/ (sorry for the weird link, it's just my webhost, I might get a more normal free domain at some point, but don't know yet)
We reserve our right to reject/change any suggestion.
Just to add,

Races are 6 laps. Pit stop is required

Winner chooses the next car, But he cannot choose the same car race after race, Yeah.. no more RAC

Will be having a scoreboard updated to the website.

Random car selection button, and possibly random track selection,

Hope to see you in there soon

-OsR- Old skool Racing
#3 - HVS5b
Nice idea, but 2 laps maximum?

Afraid that'll keep me away.
I'm thinking of making it so if you win 3 (or more) times in a row you can chose how many laps the next race will be but from 1 to 5. And in the next race the laps will be set back to default. And to say the obvious: If you win 4 times in a row, yes laps will be set back to default, but yes you can change them again.

This is just my idea that I think would be good, and even if we agree on it, it will take some time to code. Also I just want to note that random car button exists and also picks intake rest. and added mass if they are enabled. Anyway I also have to say that I didn't have time to finish it last night. Something in the random pick method was wrong and I had to disable the button so the insim doesn't crash. Hope it'll be done today.
    Updates to racing insim
    -OsR-Old skool Racing
    • Random button working
    • Winner cannot choose same car as last time
    • Racing on oval circuit, can be changed by request
    • You must pit or disqualified
    • 6 Laps
    • Suggestions are more than welcome in our forums -> http://thcforums.co.cc
    • Feel free to come and visit
    -OsR-Old skool Racing
    i like this server
    it kinda helps u in getting to know the cars
    From feedback from racers, we now have another update.
    Updates to racing insim
    -OsR- Old skool Racing
    • Random button working
    • Winner cannot choose same car as last time
    • Racing on oval circuit, can be changed by request
    • You must pit or disqualified
    • 6 Laps
    • Option to vote too end race
    • Countdown timer
    • Suggestions are more than welcome in our forums -> http://thcforums.co.cc
    • Feel free to come and visit
    -OsR- Old skool Racing
    Heard someone got about 33 wins on this server
    Next Update.
    • No same winner after 3rd win
    • Countdown button
    Gives someone else the chance to change car
    Next updates/fixes:
    These updates are already done and tested. New version will be uploaded soon.
    • Race start countdown timer fix (Used to count 2 seconds as 1). Therefore race starts after 60 real seconds (instead of 30 "doubled").
    • Stop timer button now renamed to Pause and it only pauses the main timer, instead of resetting it. Pause button has limit of 60 seconds. After they pass the button locks.
    • Car pick timer added - If no car is picked 60 seconds after the winner has crossed the finish line a new random car is picked and race is instantly locked.
    • The race settings lock if there are 30 seconds left to race start, so there are 30 seconds for people to get ready for the next race.
    • Some of the code has been optimized and more secured to avoid crashes.
    -OsR- Old skool Racing

Ok made some changes to the layout

Pit entrance: made it so drivers cant cut across the track at the last second to enter pits,
    Pit entrance: Extend pit barrier, so racers have to drive further in to pit,
    Pit entrance: Made pit entry wider so if racer in front brakes for limit, Other racer doesnt run into rear of him
    Pit Exit: Exit from pit lane is narrower so racers dont try to overtake each other, and crash
    Pit exit: Placed some tyres on the grass, Stops racers cutting onto grass
    Laps: Laps are still set at 8

-OsR- Old skool Racing
    i was here today had a few races and i would like to say that you guys are doing good job! I hope server will become more popular soon
    Whilst we are changing thngs, we tend to be AFK a lot, so people come and leave pretty quickly.

When we are not testing and being AFK, the record for was 24,

Keep popping back m8, and you may even have to wait until a slot is available

Mick
    I have to say, it's an easy place for race wins, dunno why, just is
    TBH it isnt a hard track to race, If you get a good start and dont crash or speed when doing a pitstop, Then you will win,

Thats the beauty of oval, u can use any car you like, get the feel of them, practice racing with other people, practicing pit stops etc...

People complain about having to make a pit on 8 laps, but if the guy in the lead makes a pitstop mistake, then 1st place is avaialbe

Mick

p.s Stats service being installed,
    Quote from pacesetter :it's an easy place for race wins

Not with Ori or/and [THC] Vincent, 2 of the best racers on the server. Those 2 produce such a epic race
    Quote from speed1230 :Not with Ori or/and [THC] Vincent, 2 of the best racers on the server. Those 2 produce such a epic race

Proof.
    My best race ever.
    Attached files
    Amazing win.mpr - 194.2 KB - 344 views
    Nice race, you dont get a closer finish than that
    We have also had 1 with 0.00.00 Difference.
    -
    (speed1230) DELETED by speed1230
    Just attaching 2 of the best races I've been in
    Attached files
    Epic Race 2.mpr - 211.3 KB - 287 views
    Epic Race 3.mpr - 278.1 KB - 317 views
    anyone know whats happened to this server?
    went it on it once and was really fun
    Quote from westfield bend :anyone know whats happened to this server?

It has never been offline(except host downtimes).
    I guess you have empty filter on, and the server is empty quite a lot tbh, so that might be the "problem".
    Also if you have set the cars only to specific ones, you may not see it if the chosen car(in the server) does not match(or is not included in) your set.

Sorry if my reply was too confusing. It's kind of late(or early, I can't tell)... 04:00 lol
    Quote :Whilst we are changing thngs, we tend to be AFK a lot, so people come and leave pretty quickly.

When we are not testing and being AFK, the record for was 24,

Keep popping back m8, and you may even have to wait until a slot is available

Mick

If you read this old post, it explaind why it is empty most of the time, once insim is finished it wil be busy
    Quote from westfield bend :anyone know whats happened to this server?

Here's a tip,
    Type: -OsR- Old Skool Racing on Join Specific Host
    (Note: After going to another server, it's name will be in the box instead, just copy + paste )
    yeah i found it earlier, now all we needs is some racers lol

-OsR- Old skool Racing
    (115 posts, started )
    FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG