The online racing simulator
Race of Champions Beijing 2009
(31 posts, started )
awesomeness, thanks
they really need to move it back to UK. for some reason it is missing something, probably the atmosphere. It just doesn't feel as exciting as it was last year.
Nice, something to watch on the side. Fun event, though the Gran Canaries have always been my favourite venue
Stupid..... Why did they move the damn thing to Beijing?

I cant watch it now..... Too early....
Quote from DevilDare :Stupid..... Why did they move the damn thing to Beijing?

Money, and Asia is a developing market for motorsport.
Anyone know how the Nations Cup went?
Germany won as far as I saw.
Germany beat Team GB. Schumi/Vettel got VERY lucky because Team USA's Pastrana was on course to knock em out in the semis but ****ed up the last corner. Two F1 drivers very nearly knocked out but a motocrosser and a drifter.
God damnit, it's aired in the middle of wednesday No way I can watch this.

PS. Tom Kristensen ftw!!!11
Quote from RasmusL :God damnit, it's aired in the middle of wednesday No way I can watch this.

PS. Tom Kristensen ftw!!!11

Yea, that's weird... Wednesday. Ah, would've watched it if it was like Sunday or something. And it's pitty, because I was about to watch it this year, but I never thought it would be like Wednesday afternoon. Back to UK next time pls.
Team USA were awesome to watch, so unlucky not to beat Germany. Quite a few incidents today. As Pastrana said "This is what happens when you give us racing drivers some awesome cars, we break everything".
Quote from Intrepid :Germany beat Team GB. Schumi/Vettel got VERY lucky because Team USA's Pastrana was on course to knock em out in the semis but ****ed up the last corner. Two F1 drivers very nearly knocked out but a motocrosser and a drifter.

You know that Travis is a rallycar driver too? And a fast one, he has won the North American Rally Car Championship.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :You know that Travis is a rallycar driver too? And a fast one, he has won the North American Rally Car Championship.

yep i know his rallying past, just makes funny reading
should have gotten Carl Edwards back
I thought Andy Priaulx was the best driver of the day, He was immensly fast in the Astra since I guess it was similar to his BMW, but what was more amazing was how he jumped straight into the Focus WRC and threw it around so confidently, beating Vettel who had just drove the WRC In the previous race.

Unlucky for him not to beat MSC in the buggy but he had been flying in that thing all day since his contract says he's not allowed to drive anything branded basicly, IMO it gives him more of an advantage since he only gets to drive 3 cars, when other people have the chance of 4 or 5.

Regardless, looking forward to watching it tommorow again, hopefully we see as much action as today.
It's on British Eurosport as well for those that have it. Starting in a min or two.
w00t Mathias Ekstrøm Now that he beat Tom Kristensen, it was only right that he won
Too bad Schumacher never managed to win ROC though ^^
Funny seeing Vettel bin it, how unusual for him.... not

I think Schumacher will be more than pleased to have been top F1 driver - ex or current.
#22 - JJ72
I was very entertained with the nations cup, finland was a big disappointment but the rest are very good, team USA definitely a nice surprise! The two Chinese drivers did add to the show (but of course why they choose han han I have no idea, just a nobody rally driver even in China).

And what can you say, Micheal Schacher = eternal driving god.

They should have Hamilton, Rossi etc in it as well.
Quote from JJ72 :
And what can you say, Micheal Schacher = eternal driving god.

I agree he was good but I hate these rules in contracts or whatever which says said person cannot drive certain cars, it means that Shumi drove less variety of cars and therefor had more practice in each car than others.

I was disapointed to see him go through, wanted to see the astra or the WRC's used for the final, the VW's were quite boring imo, the track was just too slippy for any sort of FWD car.

The audi was supreme, some nice driving from that guy too...
Quote from Bawbag :
The audi was supreme, some nice driving from that guy too...

That was actually a chick who drive it, Michelle Mouton

(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG