The online racing simulator
Quote from RocksGt :I'm in!

Although I have no idea what is this about

Then ask, we will try to help you.

One more player and we can start, so jump in!
I've read some of the info... I have to find out how to set up the car and driver correctly for races, but I'll try to do my best
we still need 1 more.
Not anymore!

I even moved to Sri Lanka to sign up!
How can I know when will be the next race? Since dates are ficticious I don't know where to find the real date for the next session
Quote from RocksGt :How can I know when will be the next race? Since dates are ficticious I don't know where to find the real date for the next session

It tells you on "Your Desk" at the right side:

"A1GP
Brands Hatch Feature Race
1 hr 15 min remain"
I have another doubt

When I created my driver profile I had chosen two features from a list (such as "Consistent driver", "mechanical sympathy", etc...)

Where can I see which of those I've chosen? I don't remember it
How those features work with the driving style setup?

Anyway... some advice on qualy strategies?

BATracer Unavailable Until Further Notice

BATracer is presently unavailable due to legal issues following receipt of a letter this morning (2nd November 2009) concerning user-submitted Ferrari content within BATracer. Efforts are being made to resolve this issue and to restore the site at the earliest opportunity following changes.

The ability to further upload user-submitted content for inclusion in the game has been disabled until further notice.

BATracer.com

Statement Concerning Infringement of Trademarks and Designs of
Ferrari S.p.A. "Ferrari" of Maranello

The inclusion of Ferrari material into BATracer was not authorised by Ferrari, and the activity of BATracer and user contributions was not in any way related to Ferrari.

All Ferrari content will be removed from the game, and all user-carset projects involving Ferrari content will also be removed.

grrr...i hate Ferrari from now on!
Well, it was bound to happen at some point. BATracer was making money out of brands which had not been licenced to them.

Doesn't make this any less upsetting though!
Quote from Mp3 Astra :BATracer was making money out of brands which had not been licenced to them.

You have access to Jules' accounts???
I haven't played Batracer for a couple of months but noticed the site had gone down this morning. Ferrari's approach seems very counter-productive, not likely to win them many fans by spoiling the game for everyone else. Ferrari lawyers would have a field day here in LFS with the number of user-generated Ferrari liveries you see on here.
Quote from -NightFly- :

BATracer Unavailable Until Further Notice

BATracer is presently unavailable due to legal issues following receipt of a letter this morning (2nd November 2009) concerning user-submitted Ferrari content within BATracer. Efforts are being made to resolve this issue and to restore the site at the earliest opportunity following changes.

The ability to further upload user-submitted content for inclusion in the game has been disabled until further notice.

BATracer.com

Statement Concerning Infringement of Trademarks and Designs of
Ferrari S.p.A. "Ferrari" of Maranello

The inclusion of Ferrari material into BATracer was not authorised by Ferrari, and the activity of BATracer and user contributions was not in any way related to Ferrari.

All Ferrari content will be removed from the game, and all user-carset projects involving Ferrari content will also be removed.

grrr...i hate Ferrari from now on!

Hadnt played BATracer in about 8 months, started again this morning, that happened and hour later...its a sign!
Quote from modelmotorracing :Ferrari's approach seems very counter-productive, not likely to win them many fans by spoiling the game for everyone else.

And about 0% of these fans were potential Ferrari customers.
Quote from modelmotorracing :I haven't played Batracer for a couple of months but noticed the site had gone down this morning. Ferrari's approach seems very counter-productive, not likely to win them many fans by spoiling the game for everyone else. Ferrari lawyers would have a field day here in LFS with the number of user-generated Ferrari liveries you see on here.

TBH that's kinda allowed because the devs aren't making any money out of it

Actually, I've no idea about copyright laws, and it probably isn't allowed, but because the devs don't make money out of it I don't think its a big deal.

Quote from robt :Hadnt played BATracer in about 8 months, started again this morning, that happened and hour later...its a sign!

SAME! Well, started on Saturday after a 6 month break

We're blatently cursed!
Quote from boothy :You have access to Jules' accounts???

People are PAYING to use the site to its full potential. Whether he's making a profit, I don't know.

But anyway, using logos and branding without permission is illegal, no matter how pedantic it may sound.
I had just started playing on Sunday. And I was tearing up my BTCC league.

All the cars can be accessed for free. What people are paying for and what money is being made on is unrelated to the cars, but is related to material that the developers have made themselves.
last time I had a quick go I blitzed the ferrari challenge, was looking forward to doing that again, but looks like its not to be!
Funny. Last night I remembered this and thought to give it a go again...

Logged on tonight to do my runs and noticed this

Whats everyone's WR? Mine's around 800

Need to win a few more championshipsto get it up (no pun intended.)

Hopefully they'll sort the mess out soon.
Must be the end-of-f1 season vibe making everyone want to return to BAT. I reckon the guy who cleans the roof of Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi got fed up, and that's why this is happening.
Update (4th November 2009): The website is expected to return within approx. the next 24 hours.

yay!
Time for another LFS winter series?
What carset do you guys run?
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Time for another LFS winter series?

I was literally thinking of this the other day

Quote from Mp3 Astra :What carset do you guys run?

I'm failing in BTCC and not quite so failing in F3. Want to try the Trans Am ASAP

BATracer - free browser racing manager
(545 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG