The online racing simulator
Sunmapping
(42 posts, started )
Anything which visually impairs a driver should be the same for everyone - therefore if a 'detrimental' effect does not work on machines on the entry level specification then it shouldnt be in the game. A level playing field is important to maintain when races are often won and lost in tenths of a second.
What I dont get is why whenver someone reads the words "Need for speed" in a thread they freak out and immediately start to bash whatever is said...NFS MW has some nice effects (very exaggerated, agreed on that) and I wouldnt mind having some of those in LFS IF implemented properly.
ok, but lets see the reflections: even the cars not reflect normally! just go under a bridge (or wtf) and the car wont reflect it (well at blackwood not). i think the reflection is just only for the sky.
MW does it nicely for the ground that it has, it may not look real to you guys, but if you've ever seen worn crumbled tarmac like it is, i think its almost perfectly accurate, close enough atleast

i suggested this along time ago too (or someone did.. cant remember).. this is an S3 graphical suggestion still though
of course! the S2 had improved graphics from the S1, that can be truly, that S3 (und S4) will have better graphics.
#31 - joen
I'm all for eyecandy, as long as;

1. it's done tastefully and not overdone
2. the development of other elements of the game like physics are not affected
3. it will be optional in case my (or other people's) pc can't handle it

looking at the development process of lfs so far I have no doubt the devs will meet these requirements
There's a demo of the new MS flight sim X, -nice reflections in the windshield (if you call it that for planes), nice sun effects, weather, you name it. I can see some stuff being added to the LFS graphical wishlist...
Quote from Electrik Kar :There's a demo of the new MS flight sim X, -nice reflections in the windshield (if you call it that for planes), nice sun effects, weather, you name it. I can see some stuff being added to the LFS graphical wishlist...

May I ask why you bumped my thread that I started in my "demo days?"
#34 - joen
Quote from wheel4hummer :May I ask why you bumped my thread that I started in my "demo days?"

Bumping old threads is not forbidden or wrong afaik?
I agree that bumping old threads with a useless comment is lame, but if it adds something to the discussion I don't see what's wrong with it
Better to use an already existing thread than to make a new one.
There has been some comments in this thread about sunmapping being arcadey or over the top eyecandy.
All Electrik did was refer to MSFS to show how maybe it could be done tastefully (I don't know if it is, I haven't seen it).
I don't see the problem.
Well, the last posts were in June...
.. should get reflections like Toca race driver did; i remember when the first one came out i was just plain amazed you could even see other cars reflecting off your hood or off another side of a car etc.
In reflection...
Quote from XCNuse :.. should get reflections like Toca race driver did; i remember when the first one came out i was just plain amazed you could even see other cars reflecting off your hood or off another side of a car etc.

To add, the custom skin renders that get tossed around the forum look pretty awesome when they're reflecting themselves!

I've never seen working rearview mirrors in any other game apart from LFS. Or was I just not paying attention? To me, that was a defining graphical moment- 'wow, they're actually working! Cool!'...
lol you must not have been paying attention, i cant think of many games out there that dont have rearview mirrors (or at the least 1 central one)
whoops. I meant side mirrors.. And I meant on the other cars, as you were racing... Sorry, it's very hot here tonight..
I think he meant from OUTSIDE the car (i.e. you can see other mirrors working, even if they are just copies of your own)
If you want to see shiny stuff look at nK Pro
#42 - LJF
This is definitely an awesome feature, just so long as it isn't overdone It would add a lot of immersion to the game.

Have any of you not noticed shine on the road? I mean perfectly dry non-arcade-real-life-road? I sure has, it's faint, but that's what'd make it look cool

Sunmapping
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG