The online racing simulator
Body Damage linked to Wing/Aero adjustments.
My simple idea is to get some form of Aero damage. The idea is to have the amount of damage (to the body) linked to the wing angle. I know it is not a perfect simulation of body damage = aero drag, but its better than body damage = no aero drag.

To explain further; if you hit your front bumper the wing angle would adjust 1-5 degrees; if you total the front bumper (and maybe more) you would max out the wing angle. Since LFS models damage in appearance shouldnt LFS know the extent of the damage and maybe link it to a wing angle.

This may also be accomplished with pitch and ground effect.

Guess it is an idea to keep us happy till better damage modeling can be implemented.

The only down side is if you are in a car with no front wing after a hit your car would lose front tire grip, But I guess the Devs can add in a hidden front wing setting that is only affected by damage. And who knows, if possible add left and right settings to be able to direct the body damage for a more accurate damage model.
This is something that has been suggested and I do believe it's on a list of things the devs want to have done at some point in the futurel. I definitely recall breaking off wings being part of that list, anyway.
Oh, I have read those suggestions on to make it better, but I am proposing what I think is a quick fix.
Most damage improvements suggestion are "just make it better"

I am saying:
XRT no damage model = current wing setting
XRT body deformation model 1 = +2 degrees of wing angle.
Quote from OmniMoAK :Oh, I have read those suggestions on to make it better, but I am proposing what I think is a quick fix.
Most damage improvements suggestion are "just make it better"

I am saying:
XRT no damage model = current wing setting
XRT body deformation model 1 = +2 degrees of wing angle.

Problem is, there are no predefined crash models of the car. All crashs are calculated.
Quote from ATHome :Problem is, there are no predefined crash models of the car. All crashs are calculated.

It would be possible to use the position of a few vertices, and then calculate the frontal area based on that. Only like 8 vertices would need to be used.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG