The online racing simulator
Baltic Cup 2010: Round 3 Penalties
First of all, this was decided and checked by me and R.Kööts. We both decided that this is how it should be.
And please, don't start telling that it is unfair, that we made this only after Round 3, because EVERYONE was warned in the server at least 3 times, that no short cutting is allowed and people will be penalized after we decided to not put the layout. + It's totally obvious that you shouldn't short cut.

Short cuts were looked at by this criteria:
*At least 4 wheels on grass (Maybe not 100% on grass, but 4 wheels need to be touching grass or being on top of the grass.)
*In case of 2 cars side by side in one turn, the penalties were not given.
*In case of a crash, caused by other drivers or other drivers fault, the penalties were not given.

Penalties

Short cutting:

1 time = +5sec to your finishing time.
2-5 times = +10 sec.
6-10 times = +15sec.
11. - ... = +20sec

Short cuts

Last turn:

LT - P.Klimanskas: Lap 2
EE - R.Nurme: Lap 2, 12, 13, 14, 27
EE - T. Thal: Lap 4, 8, 9, 10, 12, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 30, 32, 34
LT - K.Kliaudaitis: Lap 5, 15, 19, 34
LT - A.Staskevicius: Lap 5, 7, 10, 13, 14, last lap (spectated and started the race again, so lap 3 I think it was)
LT - G. Orla: Lap 10, 12, 17, 20
LV - M.Znotins: Lap 18, 28
LT - T.Gedminas: Lap 18, 23, 25

For S turn (before 1st split)
LV - A.Pavars: Lap 2, 6, 19
LV - D.Nackalns: Lap 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 20, 30, 32, 34
EE - A.Karu: Lap 9, 11
EE - A.Helerma: Lap 14
LT - K.Kliaudaitis: Lap 19
LT - T.Gedminas: Lap 25
LT - D.Raižys: Lap 27

Total count for penalties

LT - P.Klimanskas: 1
EE - R.Nurme: 5
EE - T. Thal: 14
LT - K.Kliaudaitis: 5
LT - A.Staskevicius: 6
LT - G. Orla: 4
LV - M.Znotins: 2
LT - T.Gedminas: 4
LV - A.Pavars: 3
LV - D.Nackalns: 9
EE - A.Karu: 2
EE - A.Hellerma: 1
LT - D.Raižys: 1

Other penalties:

LT - T.Gedminas -
+10sec penalty for chat in the race.
LT - D.Raižys - +20sec penalty for cutting the pitline on lap 30 with four wheels.

Note: Admins are also only people, so we might have made mistakes and given penalties to someone, where we shouldn't have. So please, everyone check the penalties you were given, and write a report if you don't understand, why you got the penalty. And please, if you are not satisfied with something, don't start swearing or making a huge mess about it. Come to us politely and we will look through your report. If you will be rude, admins have right to not look over your report. And Sorry if I pronounced someones name wrong.

Note 2: These are only penalties for people, who finished the race.
#2 - delis
What the hell? I know that I cut the first corner, but did my time got better from that? NO! I know, If I cut corner, that I should slow down to let pass the car I overtook while I was cutting the corner... For example like in F1... No one gives you a penalty for reason that your car didn't entered the corner....
Who said that time got better from that. Everyone is going to say, that time didn't get faster by going straight. So now we don't have to give any penalties and every time people will have a stupid excuse? And it's not your cars fault, that it didn't go in the turn, it's your own fault, that you brake too late. You had 9 shortcuts, and some people didn't have any shortcuts at all, so it's obviously your own fault. If it was 1 time, okay, shit happens, but 9 times. + You didn't overtake any car while short cutting, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Like I said, make a report, tell me lap, give a good reason, why you shouldn't have penalty and we will look through it once again.
LT - D.Raižys - +20sec penalty for cutting the pitline on lap 30 with four wheels.
So wt%? I got +20sec penalty in 2nd round for crossing exit line with only 2wheels. Not 3 or 4 but only with 2, and when i was trying to say anything to admins they didnt want to discuss about that... SO WHERE's the rule saying that you can't cross the line with 2 wheels?
Quote :Pit line cutting when exiting - +20s

This means, that you have to cut the pit lane at least somehow. In your case there is no discussion at all, you cut the pit lane with all 4 wheels, so basically with your whole car. Even if it said to cut the pit lane with 3 wheels, you would still get a penalty.

Well, unless you can tell me some other way how you can cross the line without driving on it? It's not like you are driving on your roof, so it's kind of obvious it is talking about the wheels?
Quote from andRo. :This means, that you have to cut the pit lane at least somehow. In your case there is no discussion at all, you cut the pit lane with all 4 wheels, so basically with your whole car. Even if it said to cut the pit lane with 3 wheels, you would still get a penalty.

Well, unless you can tell me some other way how you can cross the line without driving on it? It's not like you are driving on your roof, so it's kind of obvious it is talking about the wheels?

I think he meant himself as last round he got penality for cutting pitlane, but he cut it only with 2 wheels, while this time someone got penality for crossing the line with whole 4 wheels
Oh, I see... You should ask Reno about this, since I didn't give penalties for cutting the pit line. I thought it wasn't meant that he got penalty, only because he cut it with 4 wheels, but it was just written, to others to know with how many wheels he cut the pit line. But I'm not sure about this.
Quote from andRo. :t was just written, to others to know with how many wheels he cut the pit line.

It was just so strange to cut pitline there and with 4wheels. Thats the reason why i put "with 4wheels". Andro thought totally right.
All your counted cuts for me wasn't made on purpose except last lap, which has nothing to do too, because i had nothing to gain or lose , just driving to finish being happy with 2nd posistion . You are just overdoing it
You think I was cutting on purpose? Check what kind of penalties I gave to myself...I think 90% of the incidents were not done on purpose, but that doesn't change the fact, that you shouldn't drive there. It's our own fault that we braked too late...and you all are saying that you didn't gain anything. Well, lets look at it from this side.

Only because you didn't get a good split, doesn't mean you didn't gain some time...
for ex. you start to brake too late in some turn. There are 2 options: 1)After you see you won't be able to do the turn properly, you can brake even more and loose speed, but do the proper trajectory, or
2) you don't brake more, but go straight in the turn, even though you don't get a good split, you would still gain some time after the error you made at braking point.

It's not what you gain in the whole sector, it's what you gain in that turn. That's how it is, unless, after the short cut you braked on purpose to loose some speed, then I will take your penalty off. This is just the way to make people race more fair and not using every advantage that they have after making a mistake.

But I'm not saying that I haven't overdone these penalties, I probably did and I'm just like everyone else. But like I said, make a report and give a good reason, why you shouldn't get it and the problem will be solved. Not doing it on purpose is not a good reason, since I didn't do any of mine short cuts on purpose either, though I'm not complaining.
Klaidas, we dont need any spam here. If you dont have say anything, then be quiet
Thats no spam. Just penalties are ridiculous.
Quote from TexasLTU :

It is a spam. Ridiculous? We said to people before the race that we will give penalties for short cutting. We asked that maybe we should add layout, but drivers said that its not needed. So, agree with penalties then.
+ Some of you even asked, is it allowed to short cut or not and we said no. But those people still got quite many penalties.

+ I checked that for most of the people, the position doesn't even changes. I think it was for +- 5 it changes.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG