The online racing simulator
IFCL Round 2- Post-race discussion
Discuss!
hello ......... what miami got them or Palit spectator and I get passed by. because Sebag a and another in front and say that money will this is stupid I give spectators in qualifying I finished 25 and I left the site 28 is not fair that admins are not careful and that are players that will ...... You have not been fair to what happened in the race
I have no words for this, seriously.

Raising reports atm. I except some banhammer striking soon, really

Race report coming tomorrow if I can be bothered.
Lost for words really...
should i even bother.....nah
Great Race!!!!
#9 - CSF
I second Kev's opinion.
If you would leave out all those nubish crashes behind the security car at 80 km/h/48 mp/h,it was okay. But,Wilko gave up?
Announcing the safety car rule just before the race without giving any further details on how it was going to work wasn't a good idea.

You have to think first on what's the purpose of the safety car, which obviusly is to make the races safer. In real life its work is to keep everything under control while they are getting debrish and cars safely out of the track so there's no danger when they resume the race. In LFS we can have people spectate after rolling over and even admins can do it with a command. Having a SC in LFS is just for the show, to look realistic and cool, but it's not needed at all.

Considering that in this track most people had setups that didn't allow hard braking the safety car was more of a risky car. In the end I think that the safety car was more a step back than forward.

I'm more of the opinion that you just have to let people race and if someone flips over or gets stuck he just goes to spectators. That and a no overtaking under yellow flag rule is enough.

Also, I can't help but point out that there was a lot of insulting going on again against admins and drivers. I hope that the admins fix this, even if it means kicking people out of the league for bad behaviour.
I agree with redup and kart-36. I'm not sure if ill continue racing in this league. This one was just rather dissapointing.
@Makakazo, SC also has a purpose to make admins lost in their thoughts, you can easily trick the system altho i wont explain how.
I know i failed with binds,but i wasn't suposed to be admining,just had to commentate,and since multiBC failed,oldanvy asked if i could control the SC and do those binds,so new binds = me failing...and race was fail too,we had to do red flag...
Looks like it was a good decission to watch a movie instead of joining in on the 'fun'.

Not expecting any of the next rounds to be better than the first 2
Quote from Fastwalker :Looks like it was a good decission to watch a movie instead of joining in on the 'fun'.

Not expecting any of the next rounds to be better than the first 2

Actually i wish i stayed, would have laughed my ass off.
The replay was hilarious.

Starting to feel sorry for admins tho, 50% of the racers cant drive in straight line at 80kph, let alone race in a safe way.
They dont deserve the full blame, which they are getting (still a good part of it tho), as you cant admin a race between runaway chickens.

Looking forward to next show
Quote from hp999 :If you would leave out all those nubish crashes behind the security car at 80 km/h/48 mp/h,it was okay. But,Wilko gave up?

Wilko didn't even bother. Wilko knew how badly the admin team and almost every last driver failed at Round 1, then checked the schedule to see it was at KY1. Wilko then decided not to watch the obvious fail as the lot of you couldn't even keep anything together at FE1.

Thanks for the lols though guys, the reports I've heard from various drivers and this thread have cheered me up from one of my lowest ever points
I don't even bother reporting, it would be something like:

edit: Cars involved: #01-999 + SC and Push Car and maybe some pit mechanics too
Bad behaviour behind SC

LMAO

fix'd Yann :P
Quote from Andreas B :I don't even bother reporting, it would be something like:

Cars involved: #01-999
Bad behaviour behind SC

LMAO

Don't you miss Eimantas Kasperiunas in there?
Quote from Wilko868 :Wilko didn't even bother. Wilko knew how badly the admin team and almost every last driver failed at Round 1, then checked the schedule to see it was at KY1. Wilko then decided not to watch the obvious fail as the lot of you couldn't even keep anything together at FE1.

Thanks for the lols though guys, the reports I've heard from various drivers and this thread have cheered me up from one of my lowest ever points

3 letters - LOL.
Blah, Feature race ruined. Big thanks to VTiRacing and ManneF1
Could you just stop nagging about Reno and me, do the protest then, thats the idea of racing that action happens.

Thank you!
Quote from Mr.46 :Blah, Feature race ruined. Big thanks to VTiRacing and ManneF1

Yea, Jonas, stop whining. You said it already and i said already sorry. Just stop it now.
Right, I suddently got bothered enough to write something today, so here it goes.

I will try to react a bit on this appaling event by basing myself on Makakazo's post, definitely one of those who make the more sence out there

Quote from MaKaKaZo :Announcing the safety car rule just before the race without giving any further details on how it was going to work wasn't a good idea.

In fact, I was the one who pushed the admins for the introduction of the SC in this round. I was fearing of an hotlapping contest, where one single mistake would make you out of contention for the top 10. This is why I approached the adminning team several times before the beginning of the season to try to make them introduce a SC for this round. But obviously, they couldn't be bothered enough(!) to have a think about that in time, and this is why they weren't decided on the matter a few days before the race.

I yelled at Eimantas another time on MSN like 3-4 days before the race. I presented the situation and told him that the race would be uber-boring if he doesn't do anything on one hand, but that on the other, changing the rules a few days before the race wouldn't have been so fair. He then decided to introduce a SC. I thought he would make the things seriously, as the usage of an SC requires to be prepared enough with the binds, the insim, etc... But no! A few hours before the event, he was still asking me for advices, and I realised that the SC rules weren't published yet, and not even written in fact!!

Much more severe, Eimantas planned to drive the SC during the race, and this is only because I spreaded the word on Skype a few minutes before the event that I managed to find someone to drive it instead of him. Just have a look at the chaos we had, and imagine how it would have been if Eimantas was not only race marshalling but also driving the Safety Car!!

The whole story shows pretty well Eimantas' skills on orgainising a league which, in the end, is nowhere near hard to organise and maintain. You just have to get a minimum of serious to get the things working, but Eimantas can't have that.

Quote from MaKaKaZo :You have to think first on what's the purpose of the safety car, which obviusly is to make the races safer. In real life its work is to keep everything under control while they are getting debrish and cars safely out of the track so there's no danger when they resume the race. In LFS we can have people spectate after rolling over and even admins can do it with a command. Having a SC in LFS is just for the show, to look realistic and cool, but it's not needed at all.

I have to disagree. SC aren't there in LFS to improve safety or whatever(we have shift+s after all), they're only there for the sake of realism, and to make the races closer.

Obviously, both races would have been decided before half way point in this event without SC. Driving 15 laps at UF1/ky1 alone on track, just to finish a race... You really want that? This is what we would have had without any SC. Just look at NASCAR also: would you really think people would watch so much if at every race, the one who escaped the big one without loosing time in the first half of the race just have to drive the 2H remaining hours alone to check the chequered flag?

Quote from MaKaKaZo :Considering that in this track most people had setups that didn't allow hard braking the safety car was more of a risky car. In the end I think that the safety car was more a step back than forward.

Well, if people can't understand that oval hotlaps setup makers obviously won't care about the brake settings, there's nothing to do for them I guess.

After all, it's the racers' job to adapt themselves to the combo, not the admins' jobs to choose the easiest possible combos to prevent from incidents.

Quote from MaKaKaZo :Also, I can't help but point out that there was a lot of insulting going on again against admins and drivers. I hope that the admins fix this, even if it means kicking people out of the league for bad behaviour.

Totally agree I just hope Eimantas will know how to sort up the worthy people from the numpties, in order to banhammer the latters

Anyway: the saddest part is that 6 days after the race, Eimantas couldn't be bothered enough to make an official statement after the event, so that no one knows if/when the dozens of reports raised after this event will be investigated.

This situation won't last for long I guess. Eimantas will just get bored at some point, and he will just stop showing-up at the events before the end of the season. Obviously, there are plenty of worthy people, who have the skills, the maturity, and the experience to take it over and save it until the end of the season. But very few of them would be bothered to take himself's time to save the work of someone who showed so much immaturity so far.
So to cut through the bullshit Yann, what you're trying to say is Felipe is a moron.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG