The online racing simulator
How NOT to get out of an Elise!
(31 posts, started )
I have to get out of most cars in a similar fashion and damn near break my legs squeezing under the steering wheel. At least with a softtop with the roof down I can hoist myself up the seat, which makes things easier.
Nice video, got me lol'in
Whell to be honest there is no cool or decent way to get out of an elise.
lol.

Btw, what helmet cam were you using? Im trying to get a rig to work - need advice
I love how you just stopped for a moment as if to have a think. "Uhm... How am I going to do this...".
Quote from Stigpt :lol.

Btw, what helmet cam were you using? Im trying to get a rig to work - need advice

I guess that's GoPro, not that sure though.
Quote from DevilDare :I love how you just stopped for a moment as if to have a think. "Uhm... How am I going to do this...".

Yeah... That was brilliant.
I loled sooooooo much...
Quote from DevilDare :I love how you just stopped for a moment as if to have a think. "Uhm... How am I going to do this...".

Hahaha yeah it took me a bit to figure it out, and I still was terrible at it! Then had to put the key somewhere. Damn!

Quote from Töki (HUN) :I guess that's GoPro, not that sure though.

Yes, Go Pro HD Motorsports Hero.
ive been in a couple of vx220s at work and i find the best way to do it is put one leg out then feed your backside into the seat then the other leg but that is harder on the drivers side but can be done
How tall are you?

I've had some discussions on lfs irc lately about me not being able to fit in to a MX5. Needless to say, I'm 6'2" and I had my head between my knees, knees against the ceiling, knees against the dashboard, and I couldn't get the door closed. I was asked if I could fit into a MR2, and I just happened to see one parked on the street and it looks even smaller, so, how small is the elise?
Quote from bunder9999 :How tall are you?

I've had some discussions on lfs irc lately about me not being able to fit in to a MX5. Needless to say, I'm 6'2" and I had my head between my knees, knees against the ceiling, knees against the dashboard, and I couldn't get the door closed. I was asked if I could fit into a MR2, and I just happened to see one parked on the street and it looks even smaller, so, how small is the elise?

If 6'6 worth of Clarkson can get in one, I'm sure you can.

Also: Linkage. How it's done.
I'm 6ft 2in, 230lb and I've daily driven an MX5 for 9 years and 200,000km Mine is a '90, and I fit just fine. There is enough head room, leg room, and arm room for me. Maybe you are wider than me? :P Or perhaps you were in a later car? I know some of the NB cars are a bit tighter inside.

I found with the stock wheel, I had to stretch my arms out a bit much, and wrap my knees around the steering wheel a bit. But this wheel is a lot closer, which is great, and gives my knees loads of room under the wheel. But you can see I'm not at all cramped in there

The Elise is a lot more difficult getting in and out, but once I was in I found I had enough headroom even with the helmet on, and leg room was fine too. In fact quite similar in room to the MX5 for me. Just getting in and out is more difficult with the lower seating position, high and wide sills, and smaller opening for doors. Pedals are noticeably offset too, but once you're driving you don't notice
Funny, I sat in a new MX5 on the IAA, and couldn't close the roof
And I'm only 1.97m high (and still on the run for a cheap sporty RWD car that's not a BMW)

Even in an Audi A6 I have to squeez my right leg between the wheel and the centre console
Why not a BMW?
Quote from Michael Denham :Maybe he doesn't like them. :P That's allowed isn't it?

Should be... But not on the LFS Forums...
#19 - 5tag
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Why not a BMW?

Because most BMW from mid eighties or later are driven by pretenders now.
Wanna try?
I have some serious fun seeing people crawl into my car haha

Makes me wanna buy the GoPro to

Seeing, that vid. You actually have to get in/out just as there is a rollcage with crossed doorbars
Well they're known for that issue. I think it's worth it though, atleast you get to drive a Lotus.
Quote from Stiggie :Well they're known for that issue. I think it's worth it though, atleast you get to drive a Lotus.

You don't drive a Lotus, you repair it.
Quote from 5tag :Because most BMW from mid eighties or later are driven by dicks now.

you got it. I'm more after young timer Fords atm
Quote from 5tag :Because most BMW from mid eighties or later are driven by pretenders now.

Ah yea true :/
#25 - 5tag

(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG