The online racing simulator
DFP Pedal Woes
(14 posts, started )
#1 - kel64
DFP Pedal Woes
Another story of how Logitechs pedals aren't up to the task. I have owned this wheel for about ~ 9 months now and the problem with the pedals has been getting progressively worse. After a few months I had the common issue of not being able to get full throttle occassionally, but a quick recalibration would fix that.

Now, recently, the pedals seem to loose calibration while I am driving. Both pedals stop working and both need a couple of pushs down before they work again. As you can imagine, driving with this happening is very annoying, not to mention dangerous for other players, haven't played online much because of this. Now, I am lucky if I can put down a whole lap before this happens. Argh!

Is sending it back for a replacement the only thing I can do? Guess I can only look forward to similar issues with a replacement...
I used to have the same problem. It kept getting worse until one of the pedals stopped working at all. That forced me to open up the pedals for the first time. I cleaned them, did the standard "tape fix". That solved the problem.
Never had 1 problem with my pedals.. I guess I'm just lucky, and I use them atleast every day.
#4 - kel64
Well, the place I ordered from seem happy to offer a replacement, I have it packed up and ready to be sent off today. No more LFS till i get it back though
I have a dfp aswell altho its only a month old. My pedals are the B revision, do these suffer the same problem?
I've taken out one of the brake springs and removed the rubber stop for the brake pedal. It feels less annoying like this =)
my own rev b pedals are fine, sut my ealier set (momo) have caused a few problems.

I would reccomend spraying some contact cleaner into the pots and giving them a bit of a grease up around the pedal pivots, they do seem to suffer from components that were not designed to be kicked a couple of thousand times an hour,

Oh and fluff seems to like 'em too!
#7 - Tooby
#8 - kel64
lol, think I'll just buy an ms wheel and use the pedals for my momo. I've been hearing they are built much better and will last much longer at least.
do ms padels fit one the logitech momo wheel ??? (the black one)

Greetings Dragon
-
(szyszek) DELETED by szyszek
I finally have a replacement, arrived today. The fact it took so long is because Royal Mail lost the one I sent back

One thing I must say about this new one, its much quieter. The old one was defintely noisy in movement and with this one it is a complete difference.
Quote from kel64 :I finally have a replacement, arrived today. The fact it took so long is because Royal Mail lost the one I sent back

One thing I must say about this new one, its much quieter. The old one was defintely noisy in movement and with this one it is a complete difference.

Where did you buy it?
How do you know the Revision?

DFP Pedal Woes
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG