The online racing simulator
iPod Touch/iPhone App
(24 posts, started )
iPod Touch/iPhone App
Who thinks their should be a LFS App for iPod Touch/iPhone. If it ever gets made i think it should be free BUT to use you need a PAID lfs account something like that
Nope.

And just wondering, an app for what? Your post isn't really full of information of what this app should do...
i like that idea. hard work though depending on what it should do. i think it should have lfs remote sort of built in (make use of that nice new screen on iphone 4). if the devs could do it then mybee even a mobile version of lfs. like you can play lfs but on the iphone. means you cant play agianst people on pcs cause of different graphics and stuff like that. i bet people would even pay for apps like the two ideas above. BTW Second idea just came as i typed so it is a bit ???????????????????????????????????????????????????
:d :) :d
Quote from tbofram :i like that idea. hard work though depending on what it should do. i think it should have lfs remote sort of built in (make use of that nice new screen on iphone 4). if the devs could do it then mybee even a mobile version of lfs. like you can play lfs but on the iphone. means you cant play agianst people on pcs cause of different graphics and stuff like that. i bet people would even pay for apps like the two ideas above. BTW Second idea just came as i typed so it is a bit ???????????????????????????????????????????????????

I am aware of a iPod Touch/iPhone that their is a Out-Dated Third-Party LFS Remote kind of thing that
(A) ITS SO OLD...
(B) Isn't Free (only $1.19 i think)
(C) The Website NOR the iPod Touch/iPhone App Doesn't Even Exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#5 - hp999
Quote from tbofram :i like that idea. hard work though depending on what it should do. i think it should have lfs remote sort of built in (make use of that nice new screen on iphone 4). if the devs could do it then mybee even a mobile version of lfs. like you can play lfs but on the iphone. means you cant play agianst people on pcs cause of different graphics and stuff like that. i bet people would even pay for apps like the two ideas above. BTW Second idea just came as i typed so it is a bit ???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Do you honestly believe that LFS will run on an iPhone without lag?

The only things that would work(related to LFS) on the iPhone would be LFSW stats, the forum and perhaps the remote.
i had this idea before.

They say its not possible, its going to lag and bad grahpics, plus you wouldnt be able to play online.

The only way you can play lfs on your IPOD/IPHONE is you have to download a app [Any app that can be controller for pc] and then connect it to your ip, thats the only possible way they say it can be played on a apple device.
#7 - dadge
i think we need Dustin here to smite this thread good and proper.
Well, I don't think LFS will be iPhone'd any time soon, but here's a handy app for your binds, buttons and controls.

WiFiPad

I'm a player on the [TC] Citydriving servers, and here's a screenie of my pad. It's very simple, and is really just some default buttons duplicated and moved around, but it works well. You can basically put anything you like on there, since it's only a picture that you see.

You can even drive with this, although I don't recommend it.

Have fun.

EDIT: LFS Remote would be good
Attached images
LFSTOW.png
#9 - Tur8o
when i said lfs i didnt mean the full thing i mean a slimmed down version. and anyway the iphone has the A4 processer in it and it quite good. any one played real racing on iphone it is good. i bet lfs on a iphone could be damn good too. but i do think that a lfs app that includes just some basic stuff for the lfs people that us a iphone (or ipod touch) i think even if it is made by someone else it would be o.k
If I recall correctly, LFS S1 had a minimum requirement of 1 GHz CPU. I played it on 700 MHz PIII and it wasn't what I'd call fluent. The ARM v8 CPU is less powerul than the old PIII when it comes to floating point operations, so I guess that the physics engine would have to be simplified to make LFS run on iPhone 4.
Don't you guys think that ScaViEr has no other tasks ?
yes i bet if it was a full lfs just copyied from pc and made to fit on the iphone 4 it would be laggy (if they ever got it to work in first place) i now have more hope in iphone when i got the iphone 4 after a upgrade from the 3G and when you see the difference you really do think it can play amazing games like lfs. tbh i dont think it would be a good project for the devs as it means even more delays of the computer version of lfs. thinking of it has anyone ever played lfs on linux using the ps3 because i bet that is not laggy one bit. if any1 thinks it is possible then i might give it a go some time. even if you cant run it on the linux bit i think if you ran a vm of xp or something like in the ps3 and then ran lfs on that then i guess that would run fine. damn i just got out of topic there but i guess that would be cool to be able to play lfs on that amazing console
There is another thread regarding LFS on PS3 and the possibility of running Windows in some sort of emulator on PS3 has been discussed there. Since PS3 Cell CPU uses completely different instruction set than x86-family CPU, even running Windows there would be slow as hell. Not having access to PS3 3D hardware would be just a bonus.
yes i bet that would be funny. because i think running lfs on a ps3 would be just as hard as running it on a iphone
Technically, it's probably possible as we have all sorts of 3D racing games on the iPhone/iPad nowadays. User experience would be quite reduced from the desktop version though, as it's very hard to get a full on racing sim on a phone where you can only use two controls at once, plus tilt (I know that means throttle brake and steering, but you get what I mean)

It would be nice, but the developers are busy with S3, I do feel your pain though for a realistic racing sim on my iPhone!

(First post by the way, I've had LFS for a few years though!)
I doubt performance would be a problem - have you seen what the iPhone/iPad can do these days?

Controls would definitely be a problem, there's nowhere to clamp the G25
Quote from Crashgate3 :I doubt performance would be a problem - have you seen what the iPhone/iPad can do these days?

Controls would definitely be a problem, there's nowhere to clamp the G25

Oh great g25.... Ever thought of keyboard??
Even if you did manage to get LFS on a Iphone or Ipad, it would be close to impossible to controll it, and playing online?...mobile network...the horror
The idea itself is quite cool, but I don't think it will be possible.
Na I think a lfs iPhone app that you can play lfs on would be a big fail. But I still like the idea of a app to do some basic functions I.e forum and lfs world stuff
Game app
Make a lfs game app.Make it almost the same as the lfs we downloaded.Make a dual stick to drive and make it online!
Yes, I want this released by tomorrow too.

/s
Lol
Hmmmm maybe you can download a app called MungaServer, it works good for lfs.

iPod Touch/iPhone App
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG