The online racing simulator
lfs leagues
(9 posts, started )
lfs leagues
If any of you guys would like to help me, it would be very nice.

Except racing in fun racing league, almost all of my racing was done on public servers. So now id like to join into some league action, but im totally uninformed about what league uses what car, track, when do they start (in a year), what time of a week do they run, is it a 1 race per week, or 1 race per 2 weeks, is it a sprint race or endurance, and kinda most important, the level of competition on it and also the quality of admins.

As some of this stuff comes only from experience, id like to ask fellow drivers what leagues would fit my requests.

1. I cant drive on friday or saturday night or during day any day. So from 20:00 onwards weekdays + sunday works for me.

2. Im kinda lone lfs racer in my team, so cant really play in leagues where you need more guys from team. Endurance that is.

3. I dont like fwd cars except xgt, and i dont like mrt.

4. I like all the rest, raceabout is most fun to drive, and im fastest with FOX.

5. Would rather like longer races, over 1 hour, up to 3 hour mark, than sprint races.

6. Clean racing is a must.

thanks for info in advance
I'd suggest you the OWRL(www.owrl.de), a league using a wide selection of single seaters cars(usually FBM/FOX/FO8) and running on Saturdays. No season are currently ongoing, however I belive they will start a new one soon(possibly around February/March). Now, I'm not sure if you'd like the sprint/main race format(15+35 minutes). Anyway, they also are organising an annual BF1 league called OWRL F1, with races of approximately 90 minutes long, this could possibly fit you more.

Otherwise, non-swapping drivers leagues with races between 1 and 3 hours are quite rare. The FRL proposes some once in a while, but you already know it, so I won't mention it. The best you can do is check for one-off events, sometimes New Dimension Racing organises 2 hour races, you can check their subsection(http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=177)

Can't really think of more, the LFS league racing scene is a bit silent at the moment, best you can do check the League & Events section(http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22) once in a while, and see if something new and interresting is announced there. Oh, and there's also the spdo's event database(http://www.spdoracing.com/eventdb), always useful when it comes to tracking upcoming events, though it is free of any link, so you have to google the league names for more info, if you find something that could fit you.
#3 - robt
Although you want a league, it might be worth checking out the Dead Men Racing server. 1 hour races every thursday evening from 8pm (qualifying). Car and track changes each week and they keep a record of positions/points scored on the website.....so more of an unofficial league. Turn up on there server during the week, they are usually practicing! And ask them about it.
Quote from robt :Although you want a league, it might be worth checking out the Dead Men Racing server. 1 hour races every thursday evening from 8pm (qualifying). Car and track changes each week and they keep a record of positions/points scored on the website.....so more of an unofficial league. Turn up on there server during the week, they are usually practicing! And ask them about it.

Yea I'd recommand that too. Great guys, great racing
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Yea I'd recommand that too. Great guys, great racing

Thanks for the advertisement!
We could do with a few more racers from time to time (clean and patient damn that insim is set to ages between short races...).

Don't worry if you feel slow, you may find slower yet!
There are also faster guys up front, too far away for me to see though...
8 pm CET?

Ill keep it in mind. Thanks for info guys

ps. I like to think of myself as not too slow :-D
Qualifying (20 minutes) begins promptly at 2000hrs UTC
The one hour race starts a 2030 UTC giving ample time to fill fuel tank and glasses and empty bladder
The server is private from just before qualy, so pop along to our website www.deadmen.co.uk to register on our forum and obtain server password, just in case you have the misfortune to disco before the race.
Our motto is CLEAN:FAIR:FUN and we welcome any driver who abides by those sentiments no matter what their ability.
You'll be most welcome

Heres a link to the results page: http://lfs.deadmen.co.uk/combostats/index.asp
Or maybe don't look at the result table... we all got left in the dust by Troy last race

lfs leagues
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG