The online racing simulator
Imho the softs and the rain are too close. In some races where the tracks dries up fast you may end up in a situations where it is hard to tell if the driver changed to softs if you didn't see the pit stops. And the markings look they may be like hard to read when in motion.

The blue tire is good for intermediate though . Why they aren't using green or cyan colors and having some colors so close to each other is just asking for trouble imho.

Ir's probably easier for pirelli to manage the tires that way (soft is always yellow for example) but now in every race you need to learn which tires are used and which is which.
Quote from Hyperactive :Imho the softs and the rain are too close. In some races where the tracks dries up fast you may end up in a situations where it is hard to tell if the driver changed to softs if you didn't see the pit stops. And the markings look they may be like hard to read when in motion.

The blue tire is good for intermediate though . Why they aren't using green or cyan colors and having some colors so close to each other is just asking for trouble imho.

Ir's probably easier for pirelli to manage the tires that way (soft is always yellow for example) but now in every race you need to learn which tires are used and which is which.

So some of you basically need a colored marking to see the difference between heavy rain & dry tires?? For real?

How about looking at the damn tire thread. You know...the thing that makes a rain tire... well....a rain tire. If somehow this isn't possible then looking at how the car actually behaves & responds on the track and using your brain could do the the trick.
Yea, not to mention that it is very unlikely that anyone would ever make the jump from full wets to dry directly. Can't recall of any example over the last few years.

In other news... http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89963

Bernie pretends that Austrailia is as important as Monaco", because, according to him, they've been here for "an awful long time".

Which means that Hungary is now officially an historical venue aswell:rolleyes:
I find treating Bernie like some of the morons on here and just ignoring him works quite well
Bernie doesn't annoy as many people as me though.
Six colour codes to differentiate Pirelli tyres

Italian tyre manufacturers Pirelli, embarking on the first season of a three-year agreement to supply Formula One, have revealed the colours that will distinguish the six different types of rubber that will be used throughout 2011.

Each type will carry its own distinct colouring on the Pirelli and PZero logos affixed to the sidewall. Under the sport's rules, only two compounds of slick tyre - known as the prime and the option - will be used for each race. In addition to this, intermediate and wet tyres can be fitted if it rains.

The six colours are as follows:
Wet - orange
Intermediate - light blue
Super soft - red
Soft - yellow
Medium - white
Hard - silver

In order to make the differences between the prime and option tyre more pronounced, Pirelli's strategy is to offer a step of at least one compound between the tyres nominated for each race. If the track conditions require it though, this strategy may be revised.

The prime and option tyres for the first three Grands Prix of the year - Australia, Malaysia and China - will be hard and soft compounds, meaning that silver and yellow tyres will be first to make an appearance in Melbourne.

"We' re very excited by the prospect of returning to Formula One for the first time in 20 years, and we're aiming to be a proactive and colourful partner in Formula One,” commented Pirelli's Motorsport Director Paul Hembery. “So what better way to symbolise this than a brightly coloured selection of Pirelli logos to run on the sidewalls? These will enable both live and television audiences to tell at a glance who is on what compounds, which will be vital knowledge as tyres are set to form a key part of race strategy this year."

Pirelli is no stranger to brightly-coloured tyres: when the firm was previously involved in Formula One, the Benetton team was supplied with multi-coloured rubber to run as part of their ‘United Colors’ campaign back in 1986.
Quote from PhilS13 :So some of you basically need a colored marking to see the difference between heavy rain & dry tires?? For real?

For real. I watched the last season races from a finnish paysite "internetTV" and the quality wasn't good enough to see if a driver has wets or some other tires. Not everyone can or wants to pay for hd or even good sd quality.

No need to get all that excited.
Quote from Hyperactive :For real. I watched the last season races from a finnish paysite "internetTV" and the quality wasn't good enough to see if a driver has wets or some other tires. Not everyone can or wants to pay for hd or even good sd quality.

No need to get all that excited.

Hey,

From what I gather Pierreli are the most experianced F1 Tire Team BUT as what has concerned many Formula 1 personal is how to tare apart both the normal tires wets etc Colors can be very annoying we all know that but what do we ACTULLY need colors or a proper race?

Lotus have announced Karun Chandhok is to join the team as reserve driver for the 2011 season. Chandhok, who raced for HRT at 10 Grands Prix last year, will make his first appearance for Lotus on Friday during the opening practice session for this weekend's Australian event.

“This is another great day for Team Lotus,” said team principal Tony Fernandes. “Karun's appointment to our team gives us not only his immense driving talent and F1 experience, both of which will help us develop the car even further, but also brings one of the warmest, most professional personalities I have the pleasure of knowing into the Team Lotus family.

“I do not think it is going too far to say that Karun represents the future of motor racing - he is living proof that geography is no boundary to talent and ambition and that you will succeed if you work hard and keep dreaming. He is fiercely proud of his Indian heritage but he has a truly global outlook and I am honoured that Team Lotus is now giving one of India’s brightest stars the chance to continue to develop his talent. Everyone in the team is excited about working with Karun, and I cannot wait to see him representing the Indian nation in our car.”

Chandhok will join race drivers Heikki Kovalainen and Jarno Trulli, third driver Luiz Razia and test drivers Davide Valsecchi and Ricardo Teixeira in the team’s line-up. In addition to his Melbourne appearance, he is expected to take part in a number of Friday practice session.

“I’ve been talking to the team for quite a while about a role with them and I’m delighted we’re now able to confirm that I will be driving for Team Lotus in 2011,” said Chandhok. “The details of exactly which sessions I will be in the car for are being worked out now and after having spent some time with them at the recent pre-season tests I can see exactly how passionate everyone in Team Lotus is about taking this team back to the top of the F1 grid.

“These are very exciting times for Team Lotus and it’s a real honour to be able to play a part in helping shape this team’s future. I want to thank Tony, Din, Nasa, Riad and Mike for having the faith in me to give me a chance to help the team develop and I’ll do my best to repay that faith wherever I can.”

All credits go to F1 Administeration and Publishing! These items are protected by Copyright laws.
George, do you go to a special school or something?
Quote from boothy :Medium and hards won't be taken to the same race.

It doesn't change the fact that we may think it's medium when it's hard and vice versa
It also doesn't change the fact that they won't bring mediums and hards to the same bloody circuit.
Quote from boothy :George, do you go to a special school or something?

Boothy why you cussing me your generation is the generel amount of crap I get at school everyday! Gayness especially as im not GAY! so shut your big mouth!
Quote from RenvoN :It doesn't change the fact that we may think it's medium when it's hard and vice versa

How are you going to think that when you know beforehand what tyres they are using and the commentators will tell you as well
Quote from Kazu2799 :So people watch F1 for Ferrari and engine sound.... then why the hell did they ban the V12 engines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... mynxw&feature=related --> now thats noise!

Because FIA and FOM is two different things.
Bernie can't do sh!t about the rules being make by the FIA.
FIA can't do much about where Bernie is bringing the sport to. <-- but the FIA do need to approve the calendar, and the safety inspection for the tracks.
Quote from Mustafur :Call me a hater, but the V10s sounded better(more revs).

True the BMW V10 engine was awesome but imagine a really high reving V12(which I guess can be achieved nowadays) how awesome would that sound
I find this Bernie's bitching about the new engines and also Ferrari's few weeks ago funny. Maybe they should have been more vocal about it in public at the time the new engines were not yet set in stone.
it should be a V8, V10 and V12 comeback, just like the early 90's.

Formula One Season 2011
(1339 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG