The online racing simulator
It's a start...
(7 posts, started )
It's a start...
I'm learning. I've only been at it a week but I think it's getting there. I'm not satisfied with the tyres or the glass yet. I've seen some nice work here, I'm sure people will be happy to tell me what else is wrong.
Attached images
lfs.fxr.jpg
Quote from IReallyHateBureaucracy :I'm learning. I've only been at it a week but I think it's getting there. I'm not satisfied with the tyres or the glass yet. I've seen some nice work here, I'm sure people will be happy to tell me what else is wrong.

nice one!!
May I ask what renderer you're using? Looks good for only a week
that looks normal for about a week; i suggest you get some better glass though lol, its very plastic looking, if your using 3dsmax (which thats what it looks like..) then in materials use architecture material to get you a glass
Ryanry64: 3DS Max 7, I think it's the raytracing, I turned a few things up.

XCNuse: As I said, I'm not happy with the glass. At least you can see through it both ways now and it doesn't refract everything like the bottom of a beer bottle. I'll get it eventually. It makes sense, you can see through it but it's there - it's bound to confuse things. I'll try your suggestion, thanks.

I've been playing with mesh smoothing too - there's a lot to learn.
lol i wouldn't worry about meshsmoothing just yet, if anything i suggest you use turbosmooth unless you wish to go on into NURMS modeling, which is kinda like poly modeling.. but spline modeling at same time.. its confusing

but ya, architecture material has a preset glass, its not the greatest, but its a start

as for tires, all i can say is that its hard, try a regular standard phong material with a specular of 20 and gloss of 5, and make sure you put a touch of brown in there, i cant remember my settings on the Z4 coupe, but i think they were somewhere around there
The architectural glass works well, thanks. I find myself playing with 3ds quite a bit, in between practicing on LFS single player.

It's a start...
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG