The online racing simulator
Quote from PMD9409 :They would ruin the Bus stop, and probably 2 or 3 other corners that would be deemed risky with a full field of F1 cars. Let them go ruin Road America by making it wider and race there.

Road America certainly has less charm to sacrifice and is more suitable to modern F1 cars.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Road America certainly has less charm to sacrifice and is more suitable to modern F1 cars.

Don't you talk about ruining Road America

I think you would find the changes needed there would be extensive and charm ruining too. Canada Corner? would need the hill cut out to provide runoff area. The kink? couldn't survive in present configuration with the wall right on the outside. Those two alone are enough to ruin the track for me.

I'm all for building the new track and letting the awesome tracks we have stay the same... but being closer than Austin would be nice
also on road america the walled in section after that wide right hander would definately need major modificaitons.
Quote from Bmxtwins :also on road america the walled in section after that wide right hander would definately need major modificaitons.

corners have names and numbers for reasons
I go to Road America at least once a year, and I'm still somewhat unclear which section of the track you are referring to, though I think you might mean the kink. which comes after the carousel.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG