The online racing simulator
Using PRISM to admin a server?
Is there any one out there using PRISM as the admin system for their server(s)? How do you like the system, does it work well for you? Do all of the commands work as you would expect, is there anything that you would like to see improved?
I had PRISM running for 5 servers (one instance). It was test for boothy tracker and eveyrthing worked fine. Many notice's (my code propably) but none warning or error. 16 days uptime without problems but ppl: remeber to unset unused variables!
What variables are giving you the trouble? There should be no problem with unused variables causing a plugin any trouble.
I think it was problem of my code site, becuase I didn't check everything coming from server, because I was saving packets to DB only. PRISM code is clean of any errors now.
Quote from misiek08 :I think it was problem of my code site, becuase I didn't check everything coming from server, because I was saving packets to DB only. PRISM code is clean of any errors now.

Yeah, I was going to say, I'm pretty careful when it comes to that, and I know the other devs are too.
Yeah, I didn't need extra validating because I was only setting query based on packet data and querying DB with it.
Running PRISM for some months and I'm slowly progressing with using features of it. Well features... It's not offering much at this moment as service for racers but the ground structure is there and what I want I can create myself now which is the most important thing.

Only thing needed is time
So it's been stable for a few months now? That's pretty awesome. Do you have any stats as far as how much memory it's been using, or how much processor time it has used?
It used avg. 2% of 1 2.9Ghz Core. I don't know about RAM, sorry.
Quote from Dygear :So it's been stable for a few months now? That's pretty awesome. Do you have any stats as far as how much memory it's been using, or how much processor time it has used?

It has to be stable otherwise I can't use it. Don;t have to think about that I need to restart something every week.

Processor time is so low that I can't say anything serious about that, besides I'm using XCache and some other optimizations that makes it difficult to get a general overview. I also run a plugin which tracks who login, quit.. Join a race or not.. Making a lot of use of memory based array's, have MySQL connections with my own MySQL module ... So if I say it's using 6 Mb now (like it's currently doing) then it still not says a lot. Other then it's really low anyway.

But thats exactly what I expect from a PHP based InSim, so no surprises.
Been stable for me since 31st May (release of server to the public)

Currently connected to 3 servers on one instance @ highest smoothness currently with 66 clients connected to those servers.

12MB of RAM, range from 8-14% CPU (AMD duel core, 2.6)

Hasn't crashed or even lost connection since server uptime, (24days)

(The private plugin is cruise, btw)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG