The online racing simulator
New Driver Game!
(117 posts, started )
Quote from flymike91 :hundreds of thousands of PC gamers don't pay for games, they steal them and then mod and hack them. No wonder developers don't want to make PC games. You probably would have gone torrent anyway.

Did you know you can illegally get console games too? And that there are hundreds of thousands people who do that? Only difference is they don't mod it because they can't. Modding can lead to awesome things anyway, so I don't see how that's a valid argument.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
-
(speed1230) DELETED by speed1230
A multiplayer demo is coming out today for XBOX LIVE and tomorrow for PSN! It contains 2 modes: Trailblazer and Tag.
Trailblazer involves you following a Delorean to get points
Tag is simple, though you earn points for being "it"
No free roam or cops and robbers though
No PC-demo. 'Nuff said.

*wait for BF3*
I thought it was fun for a few minutes but that's about it. The idea is cool, but the game looks a little outdated to me and the cars feel generic and all handle a little bit similar.

For somebody who really likes arcade and has money to waste, this could be fun for an hour or two...
I just got the mp demo on psn - now availible
...But there's no server up that I can play in so I'm forever alone!

Edit: I finally found a server and it was fun! Take out for the ocassional noobs and the action was really competitive, I won all the trailblazer events and 1 out of 2 tags so far. Lots more cars are in this demo, I found a RK spyder, RT 12 and SLR as well as some XFRs and XKRs.
Unlike SP demo, shifting, boosting and ramming is limited and charge up as time goes so don't hang around in shift trying to find a good car in either of the games.
Unfortunately, there is no free roam and you cannot really create your own server unless you invite a friend in or there are no servers availible, well I guess it's that way since I haven't made my own server yet. Also, if there is no servers availible you may get kicked out back to the lobby if no one joins your server for some time (at least for me, some people are reporting they can go free roam!)
Let my share my impresions after playing SP demo.
In interviews from May they were saying that they are trying to bring back the car handling from first Driver and as I was expecting, they didn't. Driving model it's completely different. In first Driver car was always "oversteerable" and understeer was almost absent, you could make 90 degree turns without braking, if you will try to do the same in Driver SF you will understeer and crash into something. Also in Driver SF when you start to oversteer your car countersteer by itself, in first Driver, game was never taking control over your front wheels. It's just a diferent driving model. Where is the fancy suspension physics? Where is "burn out" and "fast steer" button?
It's sad to know that all that "back to the roots" talk was bullshit, but the new driving model isn't that bad to be honest. It's cool that FWD and AWD cars act the way you would expect them to, unlike some other arcade games where you can't see the drifference between FWD, RWD and AWD.
Graphics are just good - nothing more. That's probably because of the shift thing. You know you can move from one end of the map to another in few seconds so game have to be able to draw world really fast and that would be hard with Gran Turismo 5 like graphics.
Shift thing is pretty cool but I think it would be better if it would apear only in some missions and be more limited. It makes player focus too much on shifting than actually driving a car and I'm afraid this game will be just a Shifter San Francisco...
Release for X360 and PS3 tomorrow, PC gamers will have to wait till September 27th because they are a bunch of pirates and imbeciles.
Quote from Amynue :Let my share my impresions after playing SP demo.
In interviews from May they were saying that they are trying to bring back the car handling from first Driver and as I was expecting, they didn't. Driving model it's completely different. In first Driver car was always "oversteerable" and understeer was almost absent, you could make 90 degree turns without braking, if you will try to do the same in Driver SF you will understeer and crash into something. Also in Driver SF when you start to oversteer your car countersteer by itself, in first Driver, game was never taking control over your front wheels. It's just a diferent driving model. Where is the fancy suspension physics? Where is "burn out" and "fast steer" button?
It's sad to know that all that "back to the roots" talk was bullshit, but the new driving model isn't that bad to be honest. It's cool that FWD and AWD cars act the way you would expect them to, unlike some other arcade games where you can't see the drifference between FWD, RWD and AWD.
Graphics are just good - nothing more. That's probably because of the shift thing. You know you can move from one end of the map to another in few seconds so game have to be able to draw world really fast and that would be hard with Gran Turismo 5 like graphics.
Shift thing is pretty cool but I think it would be better if it would apear only in some missions and be more limited. It makes player focus too much on shifting than actually driving a car and I'm afraid this game will be just a Shifter San Francisco...
Release for X360 and PS3 tomorrow, PC gamers will have to wait till September 27th because they are a bunch of pirates and imbeciles.

Is this your opinion, or how the company think of us PC gamers?
Quote from The Very End :Is this your opinion, or how the company think of us PC gamers?

Quote from Captain Obvious :Amynue was referring to how companies treat PC gamers.

You know, it's not allways easy to read between the lines of a text when the language is not your mother tounge

When that is said, I agree. PC gamers are left out in the dark, and everyone thinks we are some sorry MF's that just causes shit... but we're not
Quote from Amynue :...In first Driver car was always "oversteerable" and understeer was almost absent, you could make 90 degree turns without braking...

That's because in the settings there was something called "autmoatic handbrake", so the car was actually braking (with the hand brake). Disable this and you'll get massive understeering.

Kinda agree with the rest though.
Looked good until this 'shift' shit..

Why does every new game now have to have some quirky feature which kills the game?
i agree. it seems that game designers feel that you need to add a gimik to a game to give it the edge over their competition. but what they're actually doing is dumbing down their content so that the game becomes easier. flashback anyone?
Quote from dadge :i agree. it seems that game designers feel that you need to add a gimik to a game to give it the edge over their competition. but what they're actually doing is dumbing down their content so that the game becomes easier. flashback anyone?

Indeed, flashback, and the most common of all in almost ALL games these days is like a slo-mo high on drugs super-sense intricate control mode..
bring back the good old fashioned restart the level/race. flashback and this shift are the new tarred run off areas in the game world. even though it's just a game, these things take away so much of the risk element in a game. now you don't need to worry about wrecking your race/level because you no longer need to redo the whole level again.
part of the fun about a game was talking about how many tries it took to to complete a certain aspect. this doesn't happen any more.
Quote from dadge :bring back the good old fashioned restart the level/race. flashback and this shift are the new tarred run off areas in the game world. even though it's just a game, these things take away so much of the risk element in a game. now you don't need to worry about wrecking your race/level because you no longer need to redo the whole level again.
part of the fun about a game was talking about how many tries it took to to complete a certain aspect. this doesn't happen any more.

Indeed, there's almost no 'work' involved in gaming anymore. That's what make games a real classic. It's having to work for it.
Yeah I still remember the difficulty of getting away from the cops on Driver 1.
You could just avoid using Shift in the missions, however it is required for some missions afaik.
Edit: Also the movie car chase challenges have disabled shift. However you'll need to unlock these.
how big is the demo dl? might dust off the old ps3

New Driver Game!
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG