The online racing simulator
RIP Ferdinand Alexander Porsche
(13 posts, started )
The great man who designed the 911 has passed away

Thank you for bringing us this legendary design wich resulted in allot of magnificent designs!

I always though, E. Komenda was the man behind the 911 (901).

...or do I miss something?
He helped designing the VW Bug and Porsche 356 etc.. but not the 911
damn sad day.
Quote from 1303s_vortech :I always though, E. Komenda was the man behind the 911 (901).

...or do I miss something?

He helped, but died well before it was ready.
Ferdinand Porsche
Ferdinand "Ferry" Porsche is Ferdinand Porsches son.
It was Ferry who designed the 911, because they needed a new model.
Quote from Scrabby :He helped designing the VW Bug and Porsche 356 etc.. but not the 911

I think you're thinking about the first Ferdinand Porsche. He was born in 1909 (or 1901. Can't remember) and died in the 80's. He was the one who designed "the bug" and the 356.
Quote from narkoman14 :I think you're thinking about the first Ferdinand Porsche. He was born in 1909 (or 1901. Can't remember) and died in the 80's. He was the one who designed "the bug" and the 356.

but porshe are mostly the same car, so really he just rehashed !

REHASHED i tells ya !
rehashed you say...

apparently so were the Porsche family, with the son carrying the same name, with slightly updated visuals and internals :0

(too soon? )
Quote from Fuse5 :rehashed you say...

apparently so were the Porsche family, with the son carrying the same name, with slightly updated visuals and internals :0

(too soon? )

nah, let this crap flow from our somewhat external wastegates ( if people weren't cracking jokes at my funereal i'd come back as a zombie and ruin their flower gardens ! )

i hear also their bringing out a special edition 911 just for him... its going to be poo brown, have 1960's build quality, 1980's looks and 1970's turbo handling...

another shit porsche you say ? no wait; theirs more !

as per usual... when you wreak the engine in it they will not cover you as with all VAG/porsche dealings... the engines mounted too low for the raods... their not at fault... thanks for the money bro !

expect a long queue as per usual.
Seriously! Porsche makes good cars, and his dead is really a shame

If that new car will have the 70's turbo handling then its going to be insane. 1500 bhp (just kidding)
Was it the unrecoverable oversteer that got him?

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG