The online racing simulator
F1 League Interest Check
(18 posts, started )
F1 League Interest Check
Red Raider Racing is looking into hosting our first event in the upcoming weeks. I got the idea of making a league that runs very similar to Formula 1. We will release a schedule of the full season which would contain about 8 races. All races will be run in the BF1. Races will be on Saturdays every 2-3 weeks. Qualifying runs from 18:00-18:55 GMT. The race will start at 19:15 GMT and will be planned to run for roughly 90 minutes. Qualifying works as follows.

Q1: All drivers can participate in Q1. It is a 20 minute session where you are allowed to complete as many laps as possible during that time. The drivers that qualify between 16th and 30th will be placed on on the grid in that order. If there are more then 20 drivers then all drivers above 20th will be disqualified. Drivers between 1st and 15th will advance to Q2.

Q2: After a 5 minute break Q2 will begin. It is a 15 minute session with the 15 fastest drivers in Q1. All lap times will be reset before this session starts. The drivers that qualify between 6th and 15th will be placed on the grid in that order. The top 5 drivers will advance to Q3.

Q3: After a 5 minute break Q3 will begin. It is a 10 minute session with the 5 fastest drivers. All lap times are reset before this session starts. After qualifying these drivers will be placed in the top 5 positions on the grid in the order they qualify.

You may not change your tires during qualifying. You must start the race on the same type of tires that you qualified on. You are allowed to change your tire compound after the race has started.

If there is interest I will create a full rule book and start to get everything set up. Just reply and let me know if you would like to participate. Thank you.
Quote from boothy :http://owrl.de/news.php

Just read all the information on that. There is a lot of differences. The points system will be different, the qualifying is different. We will also likely be giving out prizes and streaming events. I just want to see if people are interested in doing this.
If it's in other weeks than LFSCART,I'll join,even I'm quite sure that it will end up as a crash party...
#5 - Be2K
Same here. If the Dates are ok, i'll gonna race
I can help on the technical side (live map, system for qualify).
This would be a rather long event for only 90-120 min of racing. Those slower competitors who fail to make Q2 would be likely to leave and then come back or just plain skip out on the race just because they get tired of waiting. I'd consider looking at a different qualifying method just to save some time.

Maybe run the race after only a 15 min break from Q3 or remove Q3 entirely and give a 30 min break before the race. I might be wrong, but from 18:00 until 21:30 or 22:00 (up to 4 hours) is a long time for a 2 hour race. My 2 cents.

Also, why only 20 drivers? Up to 30 would be fine unless you have a poor connection or a lower number of connections to the server.
Quote from Cornys :This would be a rather long event for only 90-120 min of racing. Those slower competitors who fail to make Q2 would be likely to leave and then come back or just plain skip out on the race just because they get tired of waiting. I'd consider looking at a different qualifying method just to save some time.

Maybe run the race after only a 15 min break from Q3 or remove Q3 entirely and give a 30 min break before the race. I might be wrong, but from 18:00 until 21:30 or 22:00 (up to 4 hours) is a long time for a 2 hour race. My 2 cents.

Also, why only 20 drivers? Up to 30 would be fine unless you have a poor connection or a lower number of connections to the server.

All good points. Will move the race back to start at 19:20. I want to keep it as similar to F1 as possible. The qualifying will not be changed.

I was a little confused about the starting grid and I though I would only be able to do 20 drivers but that has changed so we will be able to run with a 30 driver grid.

I am updating the main post now.
Hopefully I will be going through and writing the rules today. Going to start working on the details. Hoping to start the league in about a month.
Good luck . BF1 can be one tough car to handle and will certainly be one tough car to admin. I'm also going to warn against including on oval, but I don't think you'd do that anyways for an F1 series (like most others do for some odd reason)
Oval can be insteresting for flipstreaming
Quote from misiek08 :Oval can be insteresting for flipstreaming

Or maybe you ment slipstreaming (more known as drafting here)?
Unfortunately oval races here (in this community) ends up in quite big crash partys...
Oval BF1 races are pretty ridiculous really. Definitely would be a wreck-fest.
Quote from Eclipsed :Unfortunately oval races here (in this community) ends up in quite big crash partys...

Unless you have strict administration which knows well what it's doing and a limited admission process for competitors. Problem is that even with those things they still can wind up looking more like figure-eight races 9 times out of 10

"Flipstreaming" actually is what LFS's draft acts like
No I won't be including the oval. Will be KY3, probably KY2, BL1, probably WE1, a few Aston tracks, and not sure about Fern Bay. Haven't tested many tracks yet. Other then KY3 I haven't ran much BF1 at all. This is just an idea that came to me.
I mean drafting. How to say it correct in english? Drafting and/or flipstreaming and/or slipstreaming?
I have never heard term "flipstreaming" before,just "slipstreaming",but drafting also counts - it's just a shorter word...
Ok. Maybe I misunderstood some guy.

F1 League Interest Check
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG