The online racing simulator
DW is nothing special. DJ is pretty good. Rusty is bad, Wally is bad, and KP is bad. I would take DW has got more annoying though. If I am ever upset at DW I just remember what Smoke said to him at Dover. Makes me feel better.

New cars, never know until a few races in. Testing doesn't tell us (the fans) anything.

And ALMS on ESPN3 is a must watch.
Montreal out.
Boosch to the 78, donger to 51 possibly
Supposedly Bernie had his hand in it at some stage according to some boards and put pressure on the promoter to drop NASCAR
Lead changes though 29 races 2011: 782 (27.0 per)
Lead changes through 29 races 2012: 519 (17.9 per)
Difference: -263 or -9.1 per race

Cautions through 29 races 2011: 246 (8.5 per)
Cautions through 29 races 2012: 161 (5.6 per)
Difference: -85 or -2.9 per race

Looking at these numbers, even if the caution total was the same the lead changes would still be down. Clearly the quality of racing has been down this year even if the caution total is down. Now, of course, the lead changes at Daytona and Talledega were way up last year, but subtract those races out of the total and those lead change totals are still way down.

2011 lead changes w/o plate races through 29 races (26 counted): 563 (21.6 per)
2012 lead changes w/o plate races through 29 races (26 counted): 448 (17.2 per)
Difference: -115 or -4.5 per race

2011 cautions w/o plate races through 29 races (26 counted): 218 (8.4 per)
2012 cautions w/o plate races through 29 races (26 counted): 140 (5.4 per)
Difference: -78 or -3 per race

2011 first 3 plate races: 219 lead changes with 28 cautions (73 lead changes and 9.3 cautions per race)
2012 first 3 plate races: 71 lead changes with 21 cautions (23.6 lead changes and 7 cautions per race)

Truck race at Talledega is at 4PM EST today (20:00 GMT)
Quote from TFalke55 :DTM might take that free spot in Montreal

Lolwut? I can't see DTM going outside of Germany/Europe in the next few years

Source?!
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Lolwut? I can't see DTM going outside of Germany/Europe in the next few years

Source?!

They've been talking about an American DTM for several years now.
American DTM, i.e. Grand Am. Not the German DTM and anyhow the US DTM talk fizzled out a few years ago yes?

FWIW they're saying the top 35 rule is definitely gone in some places
American DTM would be ATM surely....
^ It was said to be Grand-Am run however
What I reported to be possible has now been confirmed it would seem.
Lol jeff gordon is lucky, kasey got so unlucky... Tire shredded
Can someone some up the last 20 laps or kindly find a video of them for me to watch? I'm told I should see them, just couldn't get to a TV for the race today though.
Tony Stewart fails at blocking. Enough said.
Text won't do it justice. You will need video. I don't even want to say anything now just so I don't spoil it for you.

Edit: Nvm Ray nubbed it up. Even if true.
Quote from PMD9409 :Text won't do it justice. You will need video..

This... (SPOILERS BELOW)

I must say that I was impressed by the competitors' ability to keep that from happening sooner than the final turn!
Stewart has been on a crusade to stop blocking in the Sprint Cup Series too..
I absolutely refuse to watch the end of any NASCAR restrictor plate race anymore (bar the Daytona 500) because invariably, there's always a wreck of some type on the last half of the last lap and the frickin' morons in race control at NASCAR doesn't get the concept that a) they're already wrecking anyway and no amount of yellow flags or divine intervention will stop them or anyone else from wrecking and b) they'll be slowed down after finishing in plenty of time before returning to the scene of the carnage. I end up raging at my TV and end in a bad mood the rest of the night.

But that wreck (after I saw it on YouTube mind :P) was nothing special, there's been worse.
Think about if there HADNT been that crash though, Waltrip would have won and y'all would be bitchin anyway

Also all of the driving was excellent today until the final corner
Quote from JackDaMaster :Think about if there HADNT been that crash though, Waltrip would have won and y'all would be bitchin anyway

laughing

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG