The online racing simulator
So.... Rumors have it that Grosjean will be kicked out of F1 at the end of this season and he will drive for KV Racing in indycar next year....

The sources that I have heard this are not very reliable, though... So don't take my word for this.
Quote from TFalke55 :
And I think that Yuri's statement is that the points are what matter at the end and that the are not confirming Bourdais'.

Exactly. It's not like KV is the Red Bull of IndyCar, so I don't see why anyone would discredit the efforts by TK. Getting the same amount of Top5s than Briscoe in a lesser team surely means something?

Plus, I hate Bourdais. Yeah, he's not a crap driver, but look at all those people he used to beat in ChampCar (Tag, Servia, Power, Junqueira). With equal cars, they're all better than him.
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :Exactly. It's not like KV is the Red Bull of IndyCar, so I don't see why anyone would discredit the efforts by TK. Getting the same amount of Top5s than Briscoe in a lesser team surely means something?

Plus, I hate Bourdais. Yeah, he's not a crap driver, but look at all those people he used to beat in ChampCar (Tag, Servia, Power, Junqueira). With equal cars, they're all better than him.

He is as close to equal cars as he was then, i don't see your argument.
Quote from Gougoodthing :So.... Rumors have it that Grosjean will be kicked out of F1 at the end of this season and he will drive for KV Racing in indycar next year....

I wouldn't care so much about that. It seems that every F1 "reject" is rumoured to go to IndyCar these days.

Considering Grosjean's raw pace this year, it just doesn't make much sence anyway. Especially since I would assume that Genii has already put a bit of money into him in AutoGP/GP2. I know he's caused a lot of trouble this year, but it's easier to teach a fast driver to keep it clean, rather than teach a slow driver to go fast.
Boullier confirming Grosjean for next year @ Lotus.
One year to the day since Dan Wheldon passed on.

R.I.P.
+1 r.i.p.
Can't say if it's true or not, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to beleive it (from Grey Bull's link):

Quote :Great post. An old coworker of mine was sitting a bar in Broad Ripple a few weeks after Wheldon won his first 500. He noticed a small guy sitting next to him looking quizzically at a basketball game on TV. He then noticed his accent. Putting it all together he asked him if he was a racer. Obviously my friend was not a race fan.

Dan and my friend chatted for a few hours that night over some beers. My friend was amazed at how normal he was. He wanted help understanding basketball. There was no pretentiousness or "I'm big shit because I won the Indy 500" vibe.

At one point DW saw my buddy's new phone and asked to see it. He then sent me a text message. It was a funny quip about Danica Patrick (she came in 2nd to him that year). Nothing rude, just funny.

Mr. Lloyd, I know that in the Indianapolis community there was a lot of "Why did it have to be Dan?" Not that anyone would wish that on anyone else of course. From the local fans, to friends of mine in the IndyCar and NASCAR biz everyone knew he was a cut above. He may not have been the most recognized but I have to believe he was one of the most respected. RIP to your friend and mentor

From what I've known of the man, I can definitly beleive it, but who knows. Anyways, RIP Dan.
Another blast from 2005.

Attached images
673042576.jpg
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Another blast from 2005.

Quote :The website declined to show this webpage

This is what I'm getting
Quote from Cornys :This is what I'm getting

Check my post again, I've uploaded the pic to the forum, should work now.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Check my post again, I've uploaded the pic to the forum, should work now.

Lol. That's nice.

I'm guessing that's Dan in the middle?
Quote from Gougoodthing :I'm guessing that's Dan in the middle?

Yes. With Buddy Rice on the right, and Vitor Meira on the left.
Motorsport-Total.com reports according to the Autosport print magazine, that the contract between IndyCar and the local organizers has been signed. They quoted Dr. Paola Mannetti.
Quote from Dr. Paola Mannetti :I can confirm that Italy will host an IndyCar race in 2013 and that the month of September is fixed for that.

(translation from German)
The only decision left is the track. Imola, Mugello and Monza were named candidates. Thus hosting the Formula 1 race a few weeks earlier then the IndyCar race, Monza was reported to be ready for it.

source: Pete Fink, Motorsport-Total.com, http://www.motorsport-total.co ... bereits_fix_12102503.html

Quote from @Ryan_Briscoe :Rumours about a potential IndyCar race in Italy next year are getting me excited! Mugello is one of the best tracks I've ever driven!

Simona signs with KV, will partner with TK.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Simona signs with KV, will partner with TK.

TK would be a great guy to learn with - especialy on ovals, on which Simona has to do massive catch-up. On the other hand, KV seemed to be one of the teams that struggled the most with the DW12 in 2012. It was painful to see their 3 cars on the second half of the grid, week in and week out. It really took TK's talent to hussle the #11 entry in an overall 9th place.
Total ****ing BULL SHIT!

Randy tried his best to turn the series around. He was doing a fantastic job, now the board fire him over this?

I call BS, and politics. If they put FTG back in charge then Indycar is even more ****ed than it already is. I'd rather FTG ****s off and tries to redo his IRL wet dream again and see how long it lasts this time (hint, not very as he doesn't know shit about racing)

Yes, I'm pissed off. I don't want IRL 2.0, I wwant a balanced schedule of the best drivers living and working in North America, regardless of where they are from in the world, I don't subscribe to some bullshit US only patriotic argument (which is what the IRL was marketed as), as NASCAR has had that area covered since day one and up until 2007, did a good job.

Indycar is slowly dying. I'd love FTG to try his hand at ****ing up NASCAR instead
Indy will never work with this family in charge.
Agreed, FTG needs to go and try to ruin the NFL or professional football or hocke....wait...Bettman's got that cornered, or curling or something nobody gives a shit about. He's just bad news wherever he goes.
The problem is TG is a big fan of indy which wouldn.t be a problem if he had a clue about business, he couldn't even make vision racing work.

Indy needs a dictator who in turn owns the series but they need to have a clue what they are doing, giving it to a guy who has had everything handed to him in life with zero business skills is not going to end well ever.
hmm bad news...
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Total ****ing BULL SHIT!

Randy tried his best to turn the series around. He was doing a fantastic job, now the board fire him over this?

I call BS, and politics. If they put FTG back in charge then Indycar is even more ****ed than it already is. I'd rather FTG ****s off and tries to redo his IRL wet dream again and see how long it lasts this time (hint, not very as he doesn't know shit about racing)

Yes, I'm pissed off. I don't want IRL 2.0, I wwant a balanced schedule of the best drivers living and working in North America, regardless of where they are from in the world, I don't subscribe to some bullshit US only patriotic argument (which is what the IRL was marketed as), as NASCAR has had that area covered since day one and up until 2007, did a good job.

Indycar is slowly dying. I'd love FTG to try his hand at ****ing up NASCAR instead

I've never understood the whole American born drivers only thing.. I love seeing Marcose Ambrose and Montoya in the Sprint Cup Series just as much as I like Piquet in the truck series (and hopefully Nationwide soon enough).

FTG is the last thing that IndyCar needs in many ways and I can understand your fusteration

2012 IndyCar Series
(957 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG