The online racing simulator
What's the use of the "Experience Class" on LFS?
Hello Live for speed community! i had been seeing stuff like "Classes" that people have when they enter to the server, for example, some display "Legend Class A", does it affect on how much you can do? and if it have affect on the whole perfomance? for example, if "Intermediate Class B" get more effect on the slipstream than "Intermediate Class C" or it just says how long you are playing this game? it's an interesing thing that i want to know hehe.

And if it's also only displayed when using Airio Tracker stuff...?

Cheers.

Ray Krieger Salorzano

Experience is an Airio feature, and is a statistic only. It doesn't have any effect on performance. Class, rank, experience and safety rating are usually used to limit access to cars. Which cars you get access to depends entirely on the server. It's possible to use Airio even without using any of the stats, so it may be there just to record laptimes.

http://airio.eu/
Mind you Airio is a third-party software that server owners are using on their servers. It can be used for a whole load of stuff to help them manage the server and drivers to track their stats etc.

With respect to the Classes that are in use - in a way, its the server owner's setting up their servers in a way that new (usually less-skilled) drivers are restricted to use relatively faster cars (to avoid chaos on track).

Its not a restriction put in by LFS developers...
I was kinda wondering the same thing as the OP for a while, so thanks everyone for clarifying this.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG