The online racing simulator
Request - Wall/barrier colour?
(15 posts, started )
Is it possible to change the colour of the Barrier/wall?

If its possible can someone please do a Grey colour? or even better a grey colour with marks on it off wall scrubbing

Thanks in advance

Corey
I seen that one,

But can it be made so like, all the barrier is just grey with marks on it instead of the red and grey look, or is it impossible?
Nah m8, both are red and white with a little less detail...

here is what i mean if some dont know, sorry to be a pain lol

Exactly like the wall behind this cool ass car:

with marks on it
#5 - Nick.
The red coloring is written into the programming. It can't be changed with the DDS file.
Hmm im not good at this editing and stuff so take me as a complete tard when talking to me about it lol

so is it possible to make the walls like the ones in pic or not?
#7 - Nick.
It's not. If you knew how to edit the programming and knew where in the program it sets the color, you could do it.
Like many things in LFS, the barriers use different polygon colouring (white for the white areas, red for the red areas) and the texture you use on the model is super-imposed over these colours ("diffused" technically speaking). The polygonal colour information is something that is not freely available for us to edit, and as such you're stuck with red and white barriers.

Many things in LFS use this technique (particularily the barriers. Most of the tire walls use a white texture, with colouring on some of the polygons to create the 2-tone look. All of the cars have some polygonal coloured elements like the black strip on the side of the XFG, etc)
Hmmm, this talk of Polygon this and polygon colour is all above my head, i cant mod and dont understand much about playing with LFS folders other then the norm, they way ive read the post above is that it cant be done?
First they asked drift skins, Then Drift layout. Now Drift WALLS!
and............Your point is
The reason i want them to just look like concrete blocks is, many many drift tracks have just concrete Pitlane/Start straigh walls and im making a few tracks on AUX so wanted to be able to make them a little more realistic but if it cant be done then it simply cant be done
Quote from Takumi_lfs :First they asked drift skins, Then Drift layout. Now Drift WALLS!

Surely there are drift-like .vob mods flying around.

The devs might aswell release Live 2 Drift.
Quote from Corey_XR4I :Nah m8, both are red and white with a little less detail...

here is what i mean if some dont know, sorry to be a pain lol

could someone make me or give link for
barrier like in lovwer pic.
Blue and gray...
Thanks.

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG