The online racing simulator
In LFS community there is actually few that can create a quite good vehicle model...The problem can be somewhere else, I don't know how LFS have been design in term of implementing new vehicle models but that may be an issue.
Vehicle models can cause lag (especially if it is a quick car). However modifying a car that all can race competitively is quite easy.
Quote from PMD9409 :Vehicle models can cause lag

wat

You must be mistaken bij .vob mods.
Or people are retards and think that a car model needs 100,000,000 polys to look nice.
Vehicle physics can lag also. When the model starts to be complex (i.e. complex kinematic) it can cause lag. Ofc that depend of how you model it but at the end of the day, DiL simulator or running awesome computer not because of CAD model but because of physics.
I think the best idea would be for the dev's to just come out and have a competition. Best 3-5 tracks and configurations get put in our game. Simple. As. That.

That way we don't have 600 different approved tracks. We only need a few more not a lot. We've survived this far with very few
#32 - Be2K
aannd i would pay for this Track-Pack!!

Because LFS deserves it !
Quote from chucknorris :The project, in its current form

Not all the devs are full time anymore, so I think that's no longer true.

Quote from MoMo92i :Vehicle physics can lag also. When the model starts to be complex (i.e. complex kinematic) it can cause lag. Ofc that depend of how you model it but at the end of the day, DiL simulator or running awesome computer not because of CAD model but because of physics.

LFS uses two physics models, a complex model for the player car and the nearest 2 or 3 to the camera, beyond a certain distance the game engine switches to a simpler model.

With regards to LFS World stats, I've clocked many thousands of laps online but LFS World shows me as next to 0. I assume that the stats where wiped sometime around 2008 or so? That was after I stopped playing, all I've done since then is clock a few laps on keyboard whilst working with insim.

So if you believe everything you see on LFS World, I'm a nub who has never experienced LFS World and yet talks a lot on the forum! The reality is there isn't a track in LFS I havn't clocked a lot of laps with, and I've raced all the cars, some of them a heck of a lot.

Statistics lie.
Becky, I don't think that LFS World stats have been reset ever. Hotlaps, and PB laps have been, but never actual mileage et al.

EDIT: Unless reset manually.
Quote from Becky Rose :LFS uses two physics models, a complex model for the player car and the nearest 2 or 3 to the camera, beyond a certain distance the game engine switches to a simpler model.

Where did Scawen say this; I'm assuming multi-player only? Although I'm all for optimisation, I didn't think the dynamics calculations were that significant.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Becky, I don't think that LFS World stats have been reset ever. Hotlaps, and PB laps have been, but never actual mileage et al.

Ah yeah, checking just now I see the total mileage and stuff is there, but PB's aren't. *shrug* I don't recall.

Quote from Bob Smith :Where did Scawen say this; I'm assuming multi-player only? Although I'm all for optimisation, I didn't think the dynamics calculations were that significant.

I can think of nothing less fun than reading through all of Scawen's posts to find a link but I do recall him discussing it and remembered that explanation. Yes certainly it relates to multiplayer, I don't recall/know anything regarding the single player.

I understand that you know more about the physics engine in LFS than I do, so if you are confident that it isn't there then I'll cede to that.
No, I'd not heard anything on this topic. I don't doubt you, it makes sense, I just feel I've possibly missed out on a good thread somewhere!
Quote from Bose321 :wat

You must be mistaken bij .vob mods.

For the LMP that was modeled there was, especially if the car then became damaged. But it could also be that the cars were cornering as fast as the BF1..

When we did GT0 in MoE, just adding 100hp to the GTRs had no effect on how the cars looked on track however.
After extensive tweaking it seems most of the tweak lag comes from lowered weight/unrealistic weight.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The thing about mods though, is then nobody will actually pay for further official levels of content... because realistically, why bother? We know that for any physics changes, everybody will get them. Content is the differentiating factor in LFS, which allowing arbitrary content kinda kills peoples desire to pay for more official content (other than simply supporting the devs).

You think so? You have a point, but I would think that once S3 was completed everyone would run out and get a license. Only the most hard core fan of what ever mod would still stay with S2. Isn't, at least in theory, S3 supposed to have stuff like rain and night and a physics change for rally cars and whatnot? I really don't know squat about modding, but isn't it still limited to what the original game can do?
Personally, unless someone comes up with the old version of the ring or a track with a loop in it, I could care less, and as far as modded cars go... Dragsters maybe? Something more geared for the drag strip.
#42 - aoun
Am I the only one who found that racing in traffic with the suicidal AI offline has helped me in real life racing?

Those AI are the best thing in LFS. Taught me how to pass and dodge a bunch of Maldonados and Grojeans.

F1 @ South City Long /10 laps, start from the back.

Anyone who wants to play this game online is boring. Havent played online in yonks and all i remmber was a sign on start up saying you dont win on the first lap. Tell that to the AI!
Quote from aoun :Am I the only one who found that racing in traffic with the suicidal AI offline has helped me in real life racing?

Those AI are the best thing in LFS. Taught me how to pass and dodge a bunch of Maldonados and Grojeans.

F1 @ South City Long /10 laps, start from the back.

Anyone who wants to play this game online is boring. Havent played online in yonks and all i remmber was a sign on start up saying you dont win on the first lap. Tell that to the AI!

Quote from Racer Y :You think so? You have a point, but I would think that once S3 was completed everyone would run out and get a license. Only the most hard core fan of what ever mod would still stay with S2. Isn't, at least in theory, S3 supposed to have stuff like rain and night and a physics change for rally cars and whatnot? I really don't know squat about modding, but isn't it still limited to what the original game can do?
Personally, unless someone comes up with the old version of the ring or a track with a loop in it, I could care less, and as far as modded cars go... Dragsters maybe? Something more geared for the drag strip.

What planet indicated S3 would have rain and night time? No one has suggested these things until you just invented them out of your arse.

As far as we know, S3 will improve the tyre physics and add a car and track environment. Anything extraneous is unknown. Logically we can infer that suspension modelling will likely improve because scirocco. But that's it.
The amount of time it's taken them atm i would fking expect full day night cylcle with the weather changing every 20mins , fog that makes you wet, more cars than GT5 and tracks so detailed you can spot every tiny shade of grass.

but then you remember, eric.
Quote from Franky.S :The amount of time it's taken them atm i would fking expect full day night cylcle with the weather changing every 20mins , fog that makes you wet, more cars than GT5 and tracks so detailed you can spot every tiny shade of grass.

if you think they could do that in that amount of time, why not do it yourself?
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :if you think they could do that in that amount of time, why not do it yourself?

thats not even relevant ?
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :if you think they could do that in that amount of time, why not do it yourself?

because eric is a genius and Franky no.
Quote from lfsrm :because eric is a genius and Franky no.

with this amount of time, he could've become genius
Quote from Franky.S :The amount of time it's taken them atm i would fking expect full day night cylcle with the weather changing every 20mins , fog that makes you wet, more cars than GT5 and tracks so detailed you can spot every tiny shade of grass.

How much pp working on GT5 and how many in Lfs ? Its not easy to do all of those things , but i do expect them for new track layouts , all the physics chages they were saying and improoved 3d models with highres textures . Dont really think that new cars and tracks is nessecery . (sorry for my english )

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG