The online racing simulator
To the development team - time for cars and tracks free offline?
I occasionally played LFS years before and now I'm surprised that is not free (officially) in offline mode. It seems to be double demo Smile

After all it's old game and maybe that would attract bigger portfolio of payed players (not only enthusiasts) and their decision to pay for online mode will be easier. All my demo friends don't play LFS already. I like this game but 3 cars and 1 track in demo version is not fun for a long time and it barely convince anybody. At this state I'll stay only casual player too.

I hope somebody from development team will be read this.
Then how about purchasing content? It's not that they charge you price for each car that's equal to real cars,it's just ~30€ for all possible content,way less then you would spend for iRacing.
And that's the idea of demo - demonstation how the game looks like,how it fells etc,if you want more,pay developers for their job by buying a licence.
#3 - troy
Yeah right.
We have all spent 36 € or 24 £ for the S2 license some years ago and I'm sure we've never regret it.

I had so much fun and so many races in the past years especially from 2009 to 2011 and have met a lot of friendly people in this simulation. Surely at the moment there won't be that much action in lfs like it was 5 years ago.
#5 - Ped7g
Heh, I didn't even drive the S1+S2 content properly, I bought it later just in the memory of good times in demo (been playing it for years before) and to support devs...
Ahem, what about giving *insert game name here* for free? Nobody is playing it online anyway, isn't that the truth?
You should be happy that you can racing with your friends! In other demo versions of games does not.
Quote from Pietroz :I like this game but 3 cars and 1 track in demo version is not fun for a long time and it barely convince anybody.

A demo version is not supposed to be "fun for a long time".
Quote from zeugnimod :
Quote from Pietroz :I like this game but 3 cars and 1 track in demo version is not fun for a long time and it barely convince anybody.

A demo version is not supposed to be "fun for a long time".

Face -> palm
There are drivers who enjoy demo for years, though they have s2 licence. Smile
It does not matter. For new users, there are some privileges as compared to other games. And they still are not happy with this.
IMO demo should be a trial of the game i.e 30 days. After the 30 day(s) are over, buy the game or search something else.

Demo should be only to be able to test if the game runs smooth in your PC and if you like it, if you want anything else, pay for it like everyone else.

End of.
Quote from Chriship :IMO demo should be a trial of the game i.e 30 days. After the 30 day(s) are over, buy the game or search something else.

Demo should be only to be able to test if the game runs smooth in your PC and if you like it, if you want anything else, pay for it like everyone else.

End of.

You are actually wrong in this particular example. Online mode in Demo works as a hm.. bootcamp, you can clearly see that when demo veteran coming to s2, he already have BIG experience about racing and rules.
And sometimes on S2 appearing people who just brought it instantly and they are not welcome at all, they asking stupid questions, crashing people, messing around, sometimes cant even type on chat and no one care about them (even instead of that community is little bit stiff, new people are often ignored on s2 even if they are long time demo players). I spent whole 2011 on demo, it was great time back then there was many national teams, we had great fun, there was even leagues. It's just like S2 world but little bit smaller. I often see that when it comes to real racing like GTi event on cargame, I have some advantages on people who grinding GTR's everyday and missed demo experience.
Well, one thing to attract Demo drivers to buy additional content could be that LFS should be open for everyone once a year in some particular days i.e. from 28.12.-30.12. That way people could test additional content and see the servers full of people. Here many pay-tv channels are open for everyone one weekend in a year (super bowl/christmas/other weekend). Boosts sales.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG